Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: FYI... Nvidia VGA drivers 197.13...


06 Apr 2010   #1

XP Pro SP3 X86 / Win7 Pro X86
 
 
FYI... Nvidia VGA drivers 197.13...

I've experienced system lockups when the system returns from Monitor Off or Sleep states using the new Nvidia 197.13 version GeForce Vga drivers with an Asus/NVidia GeForce 8400 GS video card and Windows 7 x86.

Reverting to the 196.21 version seems to have fixed the problem....


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Apr 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

The 197.16's work fine for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
The 197.16's work fine for me.
197.16 are out?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Apr 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kurahk7 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
The 197.16's work fine for me.
197.16 are out?

For notebooks, I think.


There are Beta 197.25's and WHQL 197.13's for desktops.

Latest NVIDIA ForceWare Video Drivers Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #5

XP Pro SP3 X86 / Win7 Pro X86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
The 197.16's work fine for me.
We're on different video cards... it might be specific to the 8400gs series.
We're also on different OSs... it might be specific to 32bit X86...

I also updated my HTPC which is on XP 32bit and it works fine on 197.16.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #6

Win7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CommonTater View Post
I've experienced system lockups when the system returns from Monitor Off or Sleep states using the new Nvidia 197.13 version GeForce Vga drivers with an Asus/NVidia GeForce 8400 GS video card and Windows 7 x86.

Reverting to the 196.21 version seems to have fixed the problem....
I didn't get lock-ups but I did get a performance decrease. So i've also stuck with the 196.21's as for newer drivers they perform the best for my system.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Apr 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CommonTater View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FZ21Z View Post
The 197.16's work fine for me.
We're on different video cards... it might be specific to the 8400gs series.
We're also on different OSs... it might be specific to 32bit X86...
v197.16 Windows 7/Vista 64bit | NVIDIA Mobile OEM

v197.16 Windows 7/Vista 32bit | NVIDIA Mobile OEM
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 FYI... Nvidia VGA drivers 197.13...




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33