Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Windows 7 driver solution

28 Jun 2009   #111
MUff1N

Windows® 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amir aljaberi View Post
thx alot dear.
actually ,i m running xp now and i already have driver on cd but i think these driver for xp so can driver max find drivers after installing win7?
I can't answer this question as I've always used manual installations of all my drivers for my system.
I've never relied on a driver updating program of any kind as they don't usually get the drivers I need or want.

Don't use your driver CD as those are not valid for Windows 7! You can use Vista drivers with no problem though & that is what I use on my system & they work quite well.
The only drivers I use that a Windows 7 specific are the new Nvidia Windows 7 drivers which are made for this OS!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
28 Jun 2009   #112
amir aljaberi

 
 

thx for ur reply
but how to know if the cd that i have is not suit for vista?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2009   #113
zigzag3143

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 
win 7 driver

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by amir aljaberi View Post
thx for ur reply
but how to know if the cd that i have is not suit for vista?
If the driver is on an XP disk its not suitable for win 7, if its on an vista disk it is. If not the right driver do a google search for it and download the correct one for your system.

Hope this helps ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

28 Jun 2009   #114
amir aljaberi

 
 

thx for ur reply
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2009   #115
jackhammer

Windows 7 RC 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MUff1N View Post
Since you are running Windows 7 32bit OS, YES!
Not only did installing the newest drivers using the -overall
command line solve a bunch of problems for me, it also really
improved the performance of my system!
The chipset drivers alone increase my memory throughput by 1000mbs!

Yea, this is a great forum for Windows 7 info!!!
Enjoy your stay & learn tons more like I have about this new OS!
thanks for the tips.

i've installed both the chipset and audio... and i now have the headphone jacks working again. some changes in the options as well i guess.

i also tried updating the drivers for lan but the vista drivers from intel didn't work... but there're drivers for win7 beta for both the chipset and lan. i checked the chipset version and publish dates and these were the same with the vista drivers so i didn't update it anylonger. the win7 beta lan drivers however were different and installed without a glitch.

you mentioned something bout memory throughput?!? how would i test that?

anyway... the headphone jacks are working, and the mic. so am good... real good.

now am left with my just my problem with the wifi card.

hmmm...

still, thanks a mill. really appreciate it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2009   #116
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MUff1N View Post
I can't answer this question as I've always used manual installations of all my drivers for my system.
I've never relied on a driver updating program of any kind as they don't usually get the drivers I need or want.

Don't use your driver CD as those are not valid for Windows 7! You can use Vista drivers with no problem though & that is what I use on my system & they work quite well.
The only drivers I use that a Windows 7 specific are the new Nvidia Windows 7 drivers which are made for this OS!
Driver Agent? Driver Detective? Driver Whatever is a load of .... I don't blame you one bit for manually updating things as that usually proves itself to be the most reliable method! I've had a few problems right after Vista first came where the Windows updater would see Vista drivers installed on XP at the time! GGrrr... 'wats dis?!" Upon going to the manufacturer's support site they had a Vista update mixed with the ones for XP! when selecting XP as the OS.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Jun 2009   #117
MUff1N

Windows® 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
Driver Agent? Driver Detective? Driver Whatever is a load of .... I don't blame you one bit for manually updating things as that usually proves itself to be the most reliable method! I've had a few problems right after Vista first came where the Windows updater would see Vista drivers installed on XP at the time! GGrrr... 'wats dis?!" Upon going to the manufacturer's support site they had a Vista update mixed with the ones for XP! when selecting XP as the OS.
Yea Hawk I agree 100% about using any kind of driver updating program. A waste of money in my book & usually used by let's say those that are less that articulate when it comes to computers...

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
thanks for the tips.

i've installed both the chipset and audio... and i now have the headphone jacks working again. some changes in the options as well i guess.

i also tried updating the drivers for lan but the vista drivers from intel didn't work... but there're drivers for win7 beta for both the chipset and lan. i checked the chipset version and publish dates and these were the same with the vista drivers so i didn't update it anylonger. the win7 beta lan drivers however were different and installed without a glitch.

you mentioned something bout memory throughput?!? how would i test that?

anyway... the headphone jacks are working, and the mic. so am good... real good.

now am left with my just my problem with the wifi card.

hmmm...

still, thanks a mill. really appreciate it.
Glad I was able to help you dude!
What I use to test my memory throughput is SiSoftware Sandra Engineer XI SP4 which is an older version of this software & the test I use is Memory Bandwidth ( Benchmark the Memory Bandwidth) under the Benchmark tab. (Screenshots)

I also like the way the new Intel HD Audio Control Panel looks!
Yea, they got more options in there now which is good!
It also sounds better!

Stick around as there's a lot more to learn!
Check out the Customizing Windows 7 & Media Center!
You are gonna love what Media Browser does with it!
Very, very cool plugin! (Screenshots)


Attached Thumbnails
-benchmark-selection.jpg   -memory-bandwidth-throuput-13-632mbs.jpg   -intel-hd-audio-control-panel.jpg   -windows-media-center-3.jpg   -windows-media-center-6.jpg  

My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2009   #118
earlyadopter

Win 7 64 bit Home Premium (desktop), Win 7 32 bit Home Premium(Notebook) (3user pack).
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by eminent1410 View Post
If you can't load driver vista for windows 7, you can use DriverMax (Free, search by google) to backup driver from Windows Vista (Network, printer,Sound or Graphics cards...).Then set up windows 7 and restore driver.All is OK.

Using DriverMax
1, Download DriverMax - FREE driver download program for Windows XP & Vista .
2, Export Driver (best way is export all driver to "X" folder of D:\ or E:\ (not OS installation disk)
3, Install Windows 7
4, Import Driver from "X".
5, Wait and OK.
There is something wrong with this explanation. It is not that simple. As soon as Win 7 tries to install the Vista printer driver it states that I have the wrong OS and stops. What gives?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2009   #119
earlyadopter

Win 7 64 bit Home Premium (desktop), Win 7 32 bit Home Premium(Notebook) (3user pack).
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by baarod View Post
OK, I'm here During installation, you'll be prompted to choose the partition to install to. Click advanced. Click load driver. Insert CD media with the required driver 32 and 64 bit and click next. Install should continue with the XP driver and allow you to update it when you get into 7.

Oh, I forgot -- if you're using 64-bit you need to make sure the drivers are signed!
How do I "sign" drivers in 64 bit? I go to Device Manager and it says my LBP 3000 USB printer is working properly, BUT when I right click on Properties, then I click on Driver it says that the driver has not been Digitally Signed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jul 2009   #120
earlyadopter

Win 7 64 bit Home Premium (desktop), Win 7 32 bit Home Premium(Notebook) (3user pack).
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Night Hawk View Post
First off welcome to the sevenforums! The initial problems to solve when first connecting online in 7 are the basics like adode flash player, Java runtime, adobe reader still won't open pdf files here, plus your active x control settings in IE 8 may need to see a few changes from the defaults.
Yes Night Hawk, I have 64 bit cause I use Adobe LightRoom 64 bit for my photo editing, and it flies under 7x64. IE was a disaster for my web work, with Flash not installing, but FireFox 3.5 saved the day, as it has all the bells and whistles already to go. Well done Mozilla.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 driver solution




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Driver for Windows 7 -FINAL SOLUTION
Hey guys, I was struggling with the issue of installing the graphic driver of "Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Graphics Controller Driver" for windows 7. I search a lot through Google and one of the websites I came across is this cool website -- To be exact, I came across this thread : Windows...
Drivers
ITE IT8212 Driver Windows 7 Solution
After searching the Internet for Windows 7 (or even Vista) drivers with no success to access the GIGARAID ITE IT8212 ATA IDE/RAID on my Gigabyte 8I945G Pro, I realized that I had successfully installed the Win 7 RC onto these drives so I knew it could be done. But all I could find were XP drivers...
Drivers
Question about Driver Pack Solution and BIOSAGENTPLUS
I download Driver Pack Solution 12.3 yesterday not knowing that its not the latest version. The file size was about 3GB+ And now I want to upgrade it to 13 but the file size is 5.57GB Do I have to download this? I guess that some part of it is include in the old version. Theres bios update...
Drivers
HP Deskjet 3600 (3647) series driver (Solution!)
Here is the solution if you want to install your HP Deskjet 3600 series (mine is a HP deskjet 3647) on Windows 7100 RC 64-bit 1) Click on the windows-button ("start"-button) en click on "Devices and printers". 2) Click "add printer" on top of the window 3) Click on "add local printer" ...
Drivers
Bluetooth peripheral device driver solution - Windows 7
I tried several other solutions but none of them worked perfectly as the last one that I tried after vigorously searching online. Here's what I did when bluetooth on Windows 7 PCs that I had, didn't work with my iPhone: - Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 )...
Drivers
BSOD Solution for Intel Ether-Driver!
Hey guys, so after about 3 weeks of searching the deepest corners of the web I think i finally have a positive result and thought I'd share it with the fellow members of this site who helped me in the process. For those who get the BSOD "tcpip.sys" and "e1q62x64.sys" this if for you. If you...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App