1) If you dont know the bios password, how did you get to the desktop? In any case, try the following:
1) Shut down the computer.
2. Disconnect all external devices connected to the computer.
3. Disconnect the power from the computer by first unplugging the power cord from the AC outlet and
then unplugging the AC adapter from the computer.
4. Remove the battery.
5. Remove the real-time clock (RTC) battery.
6. Wait 5 minutes.
7. Replace the RTC battery and reassemble the computer.
8. Connect AC power to the computer. Do not reinsert any batteries at this time.
9. Turn on the computer.
Hopefully that will clear the bios password.
If that doesnt work, you'll need to try some 3rd party apps like ERD Commander.
2) This is the HP support page for your model. Select your OS from the list, then download the latest fingerprint reader driver
. HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center