Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Potential Intel Mobile 945 Chipset Issue


30 Apr 2009   #1

Windows 7 x64 RC1
 
 
Potential Intel Mobile 945 Chipset Issue

Hi all,

I've been reading these forums for the last couple of days and so far they've proved extremely helpful since my move to Win 7 x64 RC1. However, I have one problem that continues to persist so I'm hoping someone can help.

Whenever I close the lid on my laptop (Asus G1) my screen switches itself off and refuses to turn itself back on again once I open the lid. The only workaround i've found is to put my laptop to sleep then wake it up again. I believe this is an issue with ACPI and related to not having the correct Intel 945 Chipset drivers. I've downloaded the INF installer from Intel's website for Vista x64 however it has not resolved the problem. Indeed i'm not even convinced the installer itself is doing anything as it finishes instantaneously with no display of install progress bars or alike.

If anyone has experienced similar issues or could provide me with any advice it would be much appreciated.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Apr 2009   #2

Windows XP
 
 

I assume you do not have the problem in Vista or XP, correct?

Check your power settings; did you by any chance stumble across an option titled along the lines of "Configure what Windows does when you close the lid"?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Apr 2009   #3

Windows 7 x64 RC1
 
 

Hi TechOutsider,

The problem didn't exist in XP, and I got rid of Vista so long ago I can't remember if it was present then :-) I have been through all the relevant power settings and set the various lid options to 'do nothing' but this did not have any affect.

I have just read a long thread over at http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...a-60c9bcb81f57 which relates peoples experience of this issue with Vista. Within the thread is a temporary solution of disabling the 'ACPI Lid' system device within Device Manager. I've just gone ahead and done this and since Windows now knows nothing about a laptop lid the screen stays on even when closed.

Unfortunately this doesn't really solve the issue, just works around it so i'll keep investigating. If anyone else has any thoughts/experience it would be good to hear them.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 May 2009   #4

Windows 7 RC 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Confy View Post
Hi all,

I've been reading these forums for the last couple of days and so far they've proved extremely helpful since my move to Win 7 x64 RC1. However, I have one problem that continues to persist so I'm hoping someone can help.

Whenever I close the lid on my laptop (Asus G1) my screen switches itself off and refuses to turn itself back on again once I open the lid. The only workaround i've found is to put my laptop to sleep then wake it up again. I believe this is an issue with ACPI and related to not having the correct Intel 945 Chipset drivers. I've downloaded the INF installer from Intel's website for Vista x64 however it has not resolved the problem. Indeed i'm not even convinced the installer itself is doing anything as it finishes instantaneously with no display of install progress bars or alike.

If anyone has experienced similar issues or could provide me with any advice it would be much appreciated.
different issues here, however you should install the complete driver set not just the inf installer. you will be warned that there is a newer driver present, just ignore and install the ones for Vista 64bit from June 08 (I decided to download the Vista 64 bit drivers from Intel (version 15.8.3 - 7.14.10.1504). You will get the Intel graphics icon in control panel. Hope that helps. good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 May 2009   #5

Windozer 7 - 7068
 
 

In power saving options or device manager, disable "Let windows disable device to save energy" or something along those lines.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Monga View Post
In power saving options or device manager, disable "Let windows disable device to save energy" or something along those lines.
On which device? I don't see that option on "Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family", "Thinkpad Display 1024x768" or "ACPI Lid".
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #7

Windozer 7 - 7068
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghazel View Post
On which device? I don't see that option on "Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family", "Thinkpad Display 1024x768" or "ACPI Lid".
Are you in 'Display adaptors" ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Aug 2009   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ghazel View Post
On which device? I don't see that option on "Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family", "Thinkpad Display 1024x768" or "ACPI Lid".
Ghazel

You jumped into an old thread. what problem are you having?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Aug 2009   #9

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Ghazel

You jumped into an old thread. what problem are you having?

Ken

A very similar problem to the one described here, with the same video chipset. See my post here:

Mobile Intel 945 on IBM x60
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Potential Intel Mobile 945 Chipset Issue




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33