Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: driver update


15 May 2010   #1

 
 
driver update

what is the best application to search for a update for all my drivers

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

15 May 2010   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I don't use a program. I go to the manufacturers/vendors sites and search there. I do not recommend using a program.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2010   #3

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
I don't use a program. I go to the manufacturers/vendors sites and search there. I do not recommend using a program.
+1. Very strong +1, it is.

I've yet not seen a program that makes global driver update well and easy. It's better to backup your current drivers, and update them from respective manufacturer's site, or let Windows Update to do it for you. The GPU drivers always from manufacturer, especially nVidia cards have had some problems with drivers from Windows Update.

To backup drivers, I use Double Driver.

Kari
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 May 2010   #4

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Driver Magician will search for driver updates for your pc, it will detect what hardware you have and it will figure it out.
I use it, it's awesome, it's updated weekly or faster.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2010   #5

Wins 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Without a doubt the program is you, as previously said do not use a program, but you and your vendors site, in most cases that is all you will ever need,
alot of pre-con figured units come with built in updating software for and from your required software which is pre-installed, plus for the motherboard,

But the final choice is yours.....

Regards......Peter
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2010   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by violetblood View Post
Driver Magician will search for driver updates for your pc, it will detect what hardware you have and it will figure it out.
I use it, it's awesome, it's updated weekly or faster.
I still recommend that one not use a third party driver update tool. Instead visit each of your hardware's sites and get the drivers specifically for your hardware. You will be far better off in the long run. We have seen a number of problems here where users used third party software to update and had problems. Sometimes the latest driver is not the best for your setup.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 May 2010   #7

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CarlTR6 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by violetblood View Post
Driver Magician will search for driver updates for your pc, it will detect what hardware you have and it will figure it out.
I use it, it's awesome, it's updated weekly or faster.
I still recommend that one not use a third party driver update tool. Instead visit each of your hardware's sites and get the drivers specifically for your hardware. You will be far better off in the long run. We have seen a number of problems here where users used third party software to update and had problems. Sometimes the latest driver is not the best for your setup.
+1 tis should about sum it up. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I used to use DriverMax.

After a bad install and hours of moaning and groaning to fix it I sought help in being able to do it myself.

Good Luck,

Tye


@thefabe - nice sig.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Aug 2010   #9

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Thanks on the sig.
I would also like to add i always create a restore point before I install a new program or driver, this way if their is an issue with the driver or I no longer want or like the program I can uninstall it and quickly restore my system to it's prior state. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 driver update




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33