Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

26 May 2010   #1

Windows 7
 
 
NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller

Hello all,

I have a rather strange situation here. About a year ago, my laptop ran on Vista, and could connect to both wireless, and ethernet just fine. I recently installed Windows 7, and have only used wireless. Today, I discovered that ethernet doesn't work for me anymore. I don't think it's a problem with the modem, because I used the same modem for ethernet (my home modem). When I installed windows 7, I was back at my apartment where I always used wireless.

So I went to Device manager to look under Network Adapters, and there are three exclamation marks: NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller, Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface, and Coprocessor (which was under Network Adapter, and then under "Other devices"). I've tried scanning for hardware changes. I've tried updating drivers, and none are found.I've tried uninstalling the NVIDIA nforce Networking Controller, and letting Windows reinstall it, but that didn't work. Windows couldn't uninstall it properly. I found another thread on this forum saying to cut the driver from the Drivers folder in System 32, and then rebooting to let Windows try and reinstall it, but that didn't work either. Does anyone else have suggestions? I mean, I can live without ethernet, but I'd rather my computer work in case I ever need to use it.

Thanks in advance!!


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 May 2010   #2

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Welcome to Seven Forums: Have you tried re-installing you lan drivers Fabe. Their are also 3 versions of your board listed so make sure you know which one is yours. BIOSTAR :: TA785G3 :: Driver
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #3

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Welcome to Seven Forums: Have you tried re-installing you lan drivers Fabe. Their are also 3 versions of your board listed so make sure you know which one is yours. BIOSTAR :: TA785G3 :: Driver
Oh the system specs I have listed here are for my desktop build. The problem I'm having is with my laptop. How do I find the motherboard information, and the lan drivers?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


26 May 2010   #4
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Have you tried getting them from the laptop manufacturer? Or depending on which Nforce chipset is in the laptop, directly from Nvidia?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #5

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darknightz0117 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Welcome to Seven Forums: Have you tried re-installing you lan drivers Fabe. Their are also 3 versions of your board listed so make sure you know which one is yours. BIOSTAR :: TA785G3 :: Driver
Oh the system specs I have listed here are for my desktop build. The problem I'm having is with my laptop. How do I find the motherboard information, and the lan drivers?
just tell us the model and manufacturer and we will do the rest
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #6

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
Have you tried getting them from the laptop manufacturer? Or depending on which Nforce chipset is in the laptop, directly from Nvidia?
See that's a problem too; I can't figure out which Nforce chipset it is. I only know that it is NVIDIA nForce networking controller. Where can I find more specific information?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darknightz0117 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Welcome to Seven Forums: Have you tried re-installing you lan drivers Fabe. Their are also 3 versions of your board listed so make sure you know which one is yours. BIOSTAR :: TA785G3 :: Driver
Oh the system specs I have listed here are for my desktop build. The problem I'm having is with my laptop. How do I find the motherboard information, and the lan drivers?
just tell us the model and manufacturer and we will do the rest
Wow, thanks so much! It is an HP Pavilion dv6607nr Entertainment Notebook PC. Purchased bay back in 2007.

Thank you both for your replies =)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #7

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by darknightz0117 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by thefabe View Post
Welcome to Seven Forums: Have you tried re-installing you lan drivers Fabe. Their are also 3 versions of your board listed so make sure you know which one is yours. BIOSTAR :: TA785G3 :: Driver
Oh the system specs I have listed here are for my desktop build. The problem I'm having is with my laptop. How do I find the motherboard information, and the lan drivers?
Sorry that makes it kind of difficult to diagnose your problem when we don't know what system we're dealing with but their are plenty of knowledgeable people here that I certain can get you sorted out. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #8

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

here you go darknight Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6607nr Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) there are no Windows 7 drivers only vista install them in compat mode Compatibility Mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #9
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Grab the Nvidia chipset driver from HP. HP conveniently doesn't say exactly what is in it, but I downloaded it and had a look and it does have the Nvidia ethernet driver in it.

Also if you want to fin out which Nforce chipset is in it grab this,

http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z...s-history.html

and it should show which one it is on the Motherboard tab.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 May 2010   #10

Windows 7
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
here you go darknight Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6607nr Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English) there are no Windows 7 drivers only vista install them in compat mode Compatibility Mode

Thank you for your help and efforts =) I just tried to download and install the LAN driver in compatibility mode, but i still can't connect to the internet via ethernet. Do you have any other ideas? =/ sorry for the trouble.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:54 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33