Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: VERY BIZZARE!!!--Win 7 pro 64 -bit 2 adapters

08 Jun 2010   #1
Brevmeister

Windows 7 Pro 94-bit
 
 
VERY BIZZARE!!!--Win 7 pro 64 -bit 2 adapters

---------------------------I know its long but please just reead--------------------
I built my computer a few months ago and purchased Win 7 pro 64 bit also not long after, i purchased a linksys WUSB600N wireless adapter and found out there are no drivers for it and i coulnt get anything to work until one day i discovered the Xp Mode. so installed that and connected that with my old D-link adapter to that for my only means of internet until i could get this figured out. I installed the drivers for the Linksys adpter from the list of adapters that came intagrated in win 7 and those did not work but it said it was working properly. then i noticed it would connect every once in a while to our wirless network then to find out it would only work when the d-link adapter was connected through the virtual machine. I am trying to figure out a way to not use the d-link/ virtual machine anymore. Sometimes when i unplug the d-link adapter and close Xp mode/ Virtual machine it will work for a lil bit and then get cut off but for some reason it needs the xp mode connection to work. I am gettin about 130mbps from this which i know more is capable. and it seems to me that it creates a LAN connection with the virtual machine because it will say a LAN is connected in the vitual machine. i just need some explanation or some help on how to get rid of the second adapter. windows will not allow me to install any other drivers than what is already installed i find this very odd i could use some help i amd pretty good with computers so a lil bit of anything will help.

p.s.-sry for this being so long

- Thank You


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Jun 2010   #2
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brevmeister View Post
---------------------------I know its long but please just reead--------------------
I built my computer a few months ago and purchased Win 7 pro 64 bit also not long after, i purchased a linksys WUSB600N wireless adapter and found out there are no drivers for it and i coulnt get anything to work until one day i discovered the Xp Mode. so installed that and connected that with my old D-link adapter to that for my only means of internet until i could get this figured out. I installed the drivers for the Linksys adpter from the list of adapters that came intagrated in win 7 and those did not work but it said it was working properly. then i noticed it would connect every once in a while to our wirless network then to find out it would only work when the d-link adapter was connected through the virtual machine. I am trying to figure out a way to not use the d-link/ virtual machine anymore. Sometimes when i unplug the d-link adapter and close Xp mode/ Virtual machine it will work for a lil bit and then get cut off but for some reason it needs the xp mode connection to work. I am gettin about 130mbps from this which i know more is capable. and it seems to me that it creates a LAN connection with the virtual machine because it will say a LAN is connected in the vitual machine. i just need some explanation or some help on how to get rid of the second adapter. windows will not allow me to install any other drivers than what is already installed i find this very odd i could use some help i amd pretty good with computers so a lil bit of anything will help.

p.s.-sry for this being so long

- Thank You
Perhaps could you provide a screenshot of your Device Manager and a screenshot of Network Center?

That might be helpful.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Jun 2010   #3
Brevmeister

Windows 7 Pro 94-bit
 
 

of wat exactly in the device manager and network center ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


09 Jun 2010   #4
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brevmeister View Post
of wat exactly in the device manager and network center ?
You have fill your specifications pretty well on SevenForums...

You should be able to find those in your "Control Panel" from the Start Menu...


EDIT:
Welcome to Forums and hope you'll get all answers you might need in the future, here.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2010   #5
Brevmeister

Windows 7 Pro 94-bit
 
 

oook that doesnt answer my question. i know i filled the specs very well i thought i just want to know wat to take a screen shot of?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jun 2010   #6
smarteyeball

 
 

Type " device manager " in the the start menu and hit enter (or select from the list as you type)

This will open the Device manager:

Scroll down to Network Adapters and click on the arrow to expand

Use the Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of the device manager (type " snipping " in the start menu )

Follow this on how to upload the picture.

ie:

-device.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #7
Brevmeister

Windows 7 Pro 94-bit
 
 

why do you need thiis
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #8
fishnbanjo

Vista 64 Ultimate, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Ubuntu 9.10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brevmeister View Post
why do you need thiis
If you open the screen shot smartyeyeball posted you'd see there are ? marks highlighted.

These mean the devices are recognized by the OS but no drivers were loaded.

It also gives a good deal of information as to what you have in your PC.

Anyone trying to help would benefit knowing what your devices look like since they are not sitting next to you and able to pull up this screen, only trying to help you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jun 2010   #9
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3
 
 

Welcome to Seven Forums A expanded view of your device manager will help us see what is going on in your devices here's a tutorial on how to do that if it will help you http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ums.html?ltr=H To get to device manager I just right click on my computer> then manage you'll see device manager pop up in a menu.Thanks. Fabe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Jun 2010   #10
smarteyeball

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Perhaps could you provide a screenshot of your Device Manager and a screenshot of Network Center?

That might be helpful.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brevmeister View Post
of wat exactly in the device manager and network center ?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brevmeister View Post
i know i filled the specs very well i thought i just want to know wat to take a screen shot of?
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brevmeister View Post
why do you need thiis
Because we are trying to help you. NoN asked you to post a screenshot - you asked of what, I provided an example exactly of what, and how to do it.


Your original post outlined issues with improper drivers, intermittent connection issues and needing XP mode etc

A simple screenshot of your network adapters could possibly help identify any apparent conflicts / problems with the currently installed network drivers.


(P.S - it's Windows 7 Pro x64 not x94 )
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 VERY BIZZARE!!!--Win 7 pro 64 -bit 2 adapters




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
High CPU Usage - Bizzare
Hi guys, yesterday when I open my PC, after I type my password I noticed a high CPU usage around 90 - 100%. Core temp was normal 34 - 37 only. I let it be for a couple of minutes thought maybe it will be gone but it didnt. So i decided to shutdown my pc for 15mins and open it again, and it works...
Performance & Maintenance
Microsoft 6 to 4 adapters & ISATAP adapters
Okay, so I recently uninstalled all of my wireless network devices, these were a simple Wireless Card which was in a PCI slot and a wireless USB adapter, I uninstalled them from the device manager, and now under "Network Devices" I have about 32 'Microsoft 6to4 adapters' all with the yellow...
Drivers
BLACK screen of death, very bizzare
Hello all, I've been having a strange problem with my new PC. two days ago I got a new PC, It has- -HD4850 Radeon -Intell E6550 Dual core -Asus P5Kpl/epu
BSOD Help and Support
Bizzare 5.1 problem...
I recently moved my computer from one room to another. Upon plugging everything back in its appropriate spot, my speakers are acting very funny. I have a 5.1 system and it had always been set up as such. I go to configure my sound after the move and I try setting the audio channels to 5.1. When...
Sound & Audio
Bizzare issues happening
First off I am not sure where I should be posting this issue. With that said this all started a few days ago, I all the sudden lost my genuine validation after uninstalling a firewall program. I contacted Microsoft to try and resolve the issue without having to do a fresh install. Well needless...
Installation & Setup

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:11.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App