Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: My quick launch buttons are not working

20 Jun 2010   #1
polen

Windows 7
 
 
My quick launch buttons are not working

I have HP Pavilion dv6835es Entertainment Notebook PC with Windows 7. My quick launch buttons does not work. The volume up, down and mute light does not come on at all.

Can someone please help me out.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Jun 2010   #2
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

hi polen, welcome to the forums , try these drivers ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp42001-42500/sp42125.exe
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Jun 2010   #3
polen

Windows 7
 
 

Thnx pebbly, i wil try it and get back to u
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Jun 2010   #4
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polen View Post
Thnx pebbly, i wil try it and get back to u

You're welcome polen, hope they work for you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #5
polen

Windows 7
 
 

Pebbly, i tried the software u gave me but it still did not work. the volume up, down and mute does not light at all. is there another that i can get this working.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #6
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polen View Post
Pebbly, i tried the software u gave me but it still did not work. the volume up, down and mute does not light at all. is there another that i can get this working.
polen, try loading the drivers in compat mode Compatibility Mode i will search to see if i can find a different driver for you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #7
pebbly

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

polen ,have a read of this Get HP Quick Launch Buttons in Windows 7 it may be of some use to you

also just found this http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...s=4063&lang=en
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #8
fishnbanjo

Vista 64 Ultimate, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Ubuntu 9.10
 
 

My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #9
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polen View Post
I have HP Pavilion dv6835es Entertainment Notebook PC with Windows 7. My quick launch buttons does not work. The volume up, down and mute light does not come on at all.

Can someone please help me out.
Sometimes some QuickLaunch drivers (newest) from HP doesn't work...Most of the time you'll have to get back to older one. The pain is that now they do delete older drivers versions.

@fishnbanjo, your HP link point Realtek High Definition Audio...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
21 Jun 2010   #10
fishnbanjo

Vista 64 Ultimate, Windows 7 64 Ultimate, Ubuntu 9.10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NoN View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by polen View Post
I have HP Pavilion dv6835es Entertainment Notebook PC with Windows 7. My quick launch buttons does not work. The volume up, down and mute light does not come on at all.

Can someone please help me out.
Sometimes some QuickLaunch drivers (newest) from HP doesn't work...Most of the time you'll have to get back to older one. The pain is that now they do delete older drivers versions.

@fishnbanjo, your HP link point Realtek High Definition Audio...
Fixed the link, thanks for the heads up and sorry it was wrong.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 My quick launch buttons are not working




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
HP Quick Launch Buttons 6.40 H2
Hey um, I hope this is the right place. I recently installed Windows 7 RC (x64) and I realized I am missing a few drivers that are not available on HP's support page for my laptop (dv5-1235dx). Thats not a problem but I cannot find HP Quick Launch Buttons 6.40 H2, does anyone know where I...
Software
Launch Manager (Quick Launch Buttons)
I now have these quick launch buttons working but I was wondering how can I change the defaut programns they open. e.g. The email button opens Outlook but I want it to open Windows Live Mail. REP will be given.
Hardware & Devices
Quick Launch Buttons?
My Quick Launch buttons have stopped working and I am not sure what to do? REP will be given.
Hardware & Devices
Quick launch buttons... troubles
Hi, I have a HP Pavilion notebook, and I can't find a good driver for my quick launch buttons... The model is DV5130ca... The exact problems are: Not working: -DVD button
Drivers
HP Quick Launch Buttons
I have HP DV5T-1200SE It came with vista installed and when i pressed the volume buttons on top of the keyboard a gray bar used to come indicating the volume...but when i installed Windows 7 the gray bar is not coming....even though the buttons function properly(that is volume goes up and down)...
Drivers
HP Quick Launch Buttons and Windows 7
The HP buttons on laptops above the keyboard, for me play, ffw, rewind, volume, and mute; do not work with Windows 7. I went to HP and downloaded the Vista 32 bit drivers hoping they would work on win7 but they dont, at least not by simply installing them. Im running Win7 32bit. Im...
Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:44.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App