Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: webcam problem

26 Jun 2010   #1

10
 
 
webcam problem

hi im using a Chicony 2.0 camera, and i recently installed windows 7. When i use the program windows live messenger it doesn't let me on cam. When people send me it it just says (blah blah blah - has declined your invitation) but nothing shows up on my screen. Does anyone know why this is happening? thanks.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Jun 2010   #2

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

hi welshy, welcome to the forums, have a read of this from Microsoft Answers Problem with Webcam (Chicony 2.0) Not Working With Windows Live Messenger try rolling back the MSN drivers to v8.5
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jun 2010   #3

10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
hi welshy, welcome to the forums, have a read of this from Microsoft Answers Problem with Webcam (Chicony 2.0) Not Working With Windows Live Messenger try rolling back the MSN drivers to v8.5
How do i do that? Ive tried to look for a download link but cannot find a 8.5 one.
chhers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Jun 2010   #4

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by welshy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
hi welshy, welcome to the forums, have a read of this from Microsoft Answers Problem with Webcam (Chicony 2.0) Not Working With Windows Live Messenger try rolling back the MSN drivers to v8.5
How do i do that? Ive tried to look for a download link but cannot find a 8.5 one.
chhers
here you go welshy Windows Live Messenger Download - Softpedia good luck with the install
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #5

10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by welshy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
hi welshy, welcome to the forums, have a read of this from Microsoft Answers Problem with Webcam (Chicony 2.0) Not Working With Windows Live Messenger try rolling back the MSN drivers to v8.5
How do i do that? Ive tried to look for a download link but cannot find a 8.5 one.
chhers
here you go welshy Windows Live Messenger Download - Softpedia good luck with the install
It wont let me run it for some reason.. it says something about and error? thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #6

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by welshy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by welshy View Post

How do i do that? Ive tried to look for a download link but cannot find a 8.5 one.
chhers
here you go welshy Windows Live Messenger Download - Softpedia good luck with the install
It wont let me run it for some reason.. it says something about and error? thanks.
Hi again welshy, try re downloading the file it may have been corrupted , also with it being an older file try installing it in compat mode Compatibility Mode
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #7

10
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by welshy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post

here you go welshy Windows Live Messenger Download - Softpedia good luck with the install
It wont let me run it for some reason.. it says something about and error? thanks.
Hi again welshy, try re downloading the file it may have been corrupted , also with it being an older file try installing it in compat mode Compatibility Mode
It comes up with thiss.. when i try to try to reinstall... Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #8

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by welshy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pebbly View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by welshy View Post
It wont let me run it for some reason.. it says something about and error? thanks.
Hi again welshy, try re downloading the file it may have been corrupted , also with it being an older file try installing it in compat mode Compatibility Mode
It comes up with thiss.. when i try to try to reinstall... Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
welshy , have a read of this from our sister forum Catastrophic failure 0x8000FFFF - Vista Forums in the meantime i will look for another download for you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #9

win 7 ultimate32bit, Win8.1pro wmc 32bit
 
 

hi welshy . try this Download MSN Messenger 8.5.1235 - Old Version.com see if you get the same result
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jun 2010   #10

10
 
 

Got it all sorted now! Thanks for the download links and evrything else Alot of helps. Cheerrs
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 webcam problem




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: webcam problem
Thread Forum
webcam problem Hardware & Devices
Solved webcam problem Hardware & Devices
webcam problem Hardware & Devices
Webcam problem Hardware & Devices
Webcam problem Drivers
[Another] HP Webcam Problem Hardware & Devices
Problem with my Webcam Drivers

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33