|07 Jul 2010||#1|
Win 7 64-bit doesn't print on my XP workgroup
Okay, so I tried the following:
Here is one way to do it. Also it can be done without connecting printer through USB cable to Windows 7 machine.
1. Add Printer (click)
2. Choose local printer
3. Choose use existing port: print to file
4. If your printer is not listed, click windows update (requires internet).
6. Check to see if printer is now listed.
7. Choose newly listed printer.
8. Printer will then install.
1. Right click printer icon. Left click printer properties.
2. Click port tab.
3. Add new port. Local port
4. Type in address of shared printer ie \\Name or ip address of computer with attached shared printer\Shared printer name
5. Click general tab. Print test page. Run upstairs to see if your test page printed.
|My System Specs|
|08 Jul 2010||#4|
That is such a convoluted way to do it.... here is the way I set it up on My Girlfriends parents network.
Sorry this is actually less complicated than it appears here, I imagine you have done most of this im just trying to cover all the bases
First, check the printer is shared:
From the XP machine the printer is connected to:
To network the printer to Win 7
From the Win 7 machine:
Install the printer drivers onto the Win 7 machine before starting. (make sure they are Win 7/vista drivers, and that they are X86 or X64 depending on your version)
1. Open up Devices and Printers and delete the printer if it appears there, we will start from scratch (eliminates user error)
2. Click Add Printer
3. Click Add A New Port>Local Port
4. Type in "\\<XP machines IP address>\<printer name>" (no quotes or <>)
5. Finish the wizard, making sure to click "use existing drivers" (or similar) when it asks
6. Set the newly added Printer as Default.
7. Print a test page.
|My System Specs|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar help and support threads|
Sharing 2 Win 7 PC's over WorkGroup - doesn't work
Hey guys, I'm trying to setup two Win 7 PC's, they're both exactly the same machines with the same operating system. They both are connected over a Linksys WRT-160N router and the network location is 'Work'. I'm trying to share a folder however whenever i go to computer>network> i cant see the...
|Network & Sharing|
IE 11 when select File Print the Print Dialog Box doesn't open
When we install IE11 after installing some systems on a windows 7 32 bit PC; when select File Menu Print action the Print dialog box which should appear doesn't pop up. Not responding at all. Has somebody come accross this issue.
|Browsers & Mail|
My HP Deskjet F4400 doesn't print
My printer is a HP Deskjet F4400 series, bought it March of 2010, and lately it was making noises, but now it doesn't print anymore. When I was trying to print something, the paper starts then stops, and nothing else (the machinery) happens, then it becomes a pain to turn it off. Is my printer...
|Hardware & Devices|
rt-clk PRINT DIRECTORY LISTING doesn't give me options I want
Back in DOS days, I would redirect DIR>LPT1, etc., as often as wished. But we could not do anthing about size of font, etc. The right-click PRINT DIRECTORY LISTING that I now have added to my Windows Explorer simply prints directly to my default printer without my having any formatting control. It...
Windows Live Photo Gallery Doesn't Print
When I print with Windows Live Photo Gallery nothing happens. I have no printing problems with any other software. In an attempt to resolve this issue I have done the following: o Upgraded to Windows Live Photo Gallery 2011 Build 15.4.3502.922 o Ran System File Checker with no problems...
HP Printer connected and all, but doesn't print.
I just recently installed Win7 on a newly built computer for my parents, and HP got me the right drivers for Win7 64 bit and all, but the printer never prints. All the documents just sits in the printer queue of the printer. What could be wrong with it? Also, I installed a Lexmark Z110 series...
|Hardware & Devices|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15.