Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Shutdown Timer I made

05 Jan 2010   #11
sandeep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Retail
 
 

Sorry the broken file has now been fixed, you should be able to install the program alright.

Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

05 Jan 2010   #12
sandeep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Retail
 
 

Released version 2 which now includes a command utility as well!

simply go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Sinvise Systems\Shutdown Timer

in cmd type stexec /shutdown /duration 20 in order to initiate a shutdown in 20 minutes.

for immediate shutdown just enter stexec /shutdown

For help options just enter stexec /?

Also there are other new changes in the program.

Download and install the program from:
Shutdown Timer
__________________
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #13
sandeep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Retail
 
 

Version 2.1 is now released, this is a major update which fixes a lot of compatibility problems.
It is recommended to update to this version.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


06 Jan 2010   #14
Qdos

 

There's an even simpler method of doing this with a shortcut...

For instance... C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 6000 -f should i want a 100 minute shutdown delay for arguments sake...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #15
sandeep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Qdos View Post
There's an even simpler method of doing this with a shortcut...

For instance... C:\Windows\System32\shutdown.exe -s -t 6000 -f should i want a 100 minute shutdown delay for arguments sake...
Yeah I know, I will be removing the stexec from the next few builds as it is kind of worthless.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Jan 2010   #16
CGA1

Windows 7 64
 
 

One of my favorite shutdown tools all time is Dshutdown. Sadly it stopped working went I went to Windows 7 64. I think you should have a look at this software to get some ideas for future development. What I miss mostly is the ability to shut down when network activity is below a certain value.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Jan 2010   #17
sandeep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CGA1 View Post
One of my favorite shutdown tools all time is Dshutdown. Sadly it stopped working went I went to Windows 7 64. I think you should have a look at this software to get some ideas for future development. What I miss mostly is the ability to shut down when network activity is below a certain value.

Thanks, I am closely looking at it's functionality, I will be implementing as much as I can.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Jan 2010   #18
CGA1

Windows 7 64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sandeep View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CGA1 View Post
One of my favorite shutdown tools all time is Dshutdown. Sadly it stopped working went I went to Windows 7 64. I think you should have a look at this software to get some ideas for future development. What I miss mostly is the ability to shut down when network activity is below a certain value.

Thanks, I am closely looking at it's functionality, I will be implementing as much as I can.
Great
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #19
tim3k

Win7 x64
 
 

Just my two cents.
It would be great if you could turn this tool into a desktop gadget! Just need a field where you can define a time, a counter that shows how much time is remaining and a start button. I'm looking for such kind of tool for a long time
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Jan 2010   #20
sandeep

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Retail
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tim3k View Post
Just my two cents.
It would be great if you could turn this tool into a desktop gadget! Just need a field where you can define a time, a counter that shows how much time is remaining and a start button. I'm looking for such kind of tool for a long time
I'm in the process of making one, at the moment I'm focusing on version 2.5 of Shutdown Timer, but I'm a bit tired of coding that now, so I'll get on to completing the gadget.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Shutdown Timer I made




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Made error w/"Location" tool: Made changes I cannot undo: Local Disk
I am a novice that has run into trouble with Location tools.I have tried Googling the issue, but I am not exactly sure what I have done. I am rebuilding my laptop which has a medium size SSD and a 1Tb hard drive running Windows 7 Professional 64. I have much of my software installed to the SSD...
Installation & Setup
Old Timer TFC Cleaner
Right in the middle of running Old Timer TFC Cleaner 3.1.90 (from Geeks to Go) when a message box appeared which read...Windows has encountered a critical problem & will restart automatically in 1 min. After restart, there are two Desktop.ini icons on desktop: 1. ...
Performance & Maintenance
How to put a timer in powerpoint?
Hi everyone, Me and some friend of mine are organizing a quiz competition in our colony. And so i need to put a timer in every other slide in the powerpoint presentation. I mean in one slide question will be given which will be shown for say 1 minute. then next slide will play which will...
Microsoft Office
How to set up a lock out timer for Win 7
Hi all, this is my first time on this forum and Im not sure Im posting in the right spot. This looks like a busy place and I hope somebody here will be able to answer my questions! :D I need a timer on my computer that will lock users out of the internet for certain lengths of time (Like if the...
General Discussion
First Timer Here
Hi All: Sorry for being dumb here but I am going to be doing some partitioning and imaging of a computer with Win 7 on it and I have the original disk. Lots of people are talking about making a bootable CD but I won't need this if I have original disk will I?
Installation & Setup
VJ Shutdown Timer
VJ shutdown timer is an application through which you can easily shutdown,restart your pc within time duration from 1 minute upto 12 hours.All you need to do is simply select the option and select the time after which you want to shutdown or restart your Machine. Additional Instantaneous Hibernate...
Software

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App