|23 May 2009||#1|
What gadget is this??
found a post of a user on this forum, unfortunatly he has`nt logged in for a while (Last Activity: 1 Week Ago ), he posted a screenshot of his desktop, what i like about it is his gadgets, must be an allIN1 pack , clock, weather, all transparent no background, perfectly integrated with a well selected wallpaper.
Anyone know what gadget he is using?
Its in the Custom Theme Thread last quote i made.
Or something similar ...
|My System Specs|
|23 May 2009||#3|
Got it !!!
I found it with the help of someone from this forum i found on a member here on seven (i`ll ty when i find you ) :Transparent gadget like this ...
The program is called rainmeter, its a bitch to configure so i`ll make a small guide for it .
1.First off its NOT a sidebar gadget, its an alternative.
2.Download the software from Downloads - rainmeter - Google Code .
3.Download the skin : Rainmeter Skins - HUD.Vision v2.0 by mepu - Customize.org .
4. Install rainmeter. Use compatibility Vista SP1, i got a error at first start (explorer crashed) but it worked fine after...
5. Install the skin ... after go to where you installed rainmeter and DELETE the other skin ( NOT HUD.Vision ). I forgot what name it had. I Didnt find where to change skins yet lol.
6. Now comes the OMG hard part... u have to activate each component trough a labirinth of drop-menus.
Go to bottom right near your clock and right click raindrop, go to Configs->HUD.Vision->White text OR Black text and choose what component you want to display ( I dont know the whats the difference between normal .ini and line.ini ).
- Added a wallpaper for you in case you dont have, for white text.
- I couldnt attach the setup+ patch files, dunno why it didnt work. Download from links .
- Weather is easy, go to that webpage and get the code from the upper link. Type your city. Note that when you restart PC weather bar takes like 1-2 min to load, untill then it will be blank. My code was ROXX0020 so look it up for yours.
- When you change the wallpaper weather component resets, so wait 30 sec for it to refresh.
- There are other skins to choose from on the link from where to download the HUD skin. Choose whatever you like .
- Resourse related it takes me 25-40 Ram so its no biggy, didnt feel any difference in games or stuff like that. NOT a resourse hog .
- Some components didnt work for me like the CPU Temp, it shown me 0C`.
- Choose a good wallpaper to go with rainmeter .
- NOTE There is rainmeter version 2, its called Rainlendar but you have to buy PREMIUM membership (There is Lite vers to) for that one + i didnt find HUD.Vision skin for it. Do whatever you want.
- I didnt use the wallpaper comp or the winamp one, i dont need.
- Post here any issues. I`ll keep mingling with this one ...
(not mine, i followed this one)
1. only for installation to !!! Windows Vista !!!
I bring up the Properties window for a folder,
uncheck read-only and apply it to the folder "Rainmeter" and all sub-items.
Now you can use HUD.Vision as well as in Windows XP. (i did this)
2.) change weather dest.
Now go to www.weather.com and search the name of city you want the weather of. Once the page loads,
look at the link up in your browser's address bar. For example, one of the cities I used was Brno, and
after searching on weather.com, the resulting page's
link was: weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/EZXX0002?from=recentsearch code for Brno EZXX0002 (i did this)
3.) only for "Picture Browser & Changing Wallpapers"
download NCONVERT Orange and install to to Windows directory.
edit all ini files in directory "Picture.Browser+Wallpapers and
settings Monitor Resolution, example 1280x800 defined "-resize 1280 0"
and defined image path in variables "ImagePath".
4.) only for Foobar2000 "WinAmp+Foobar interface"
must install the special Winamp API file foo_winamp_spam.dll
into the folder: C:\Program Files\foobar2000\Components\
|My System Specs|
|23 May 2009||#4|
Says i`m using win Vista ) on top right . Clearly this soft has some compatibility problems with win 7 so carefull.
Damn weather component seems to refresh almost whenver i change something in windows like mouse cursor or wallpaper, sound scheme.
OMG btw i forgot, dragging the components on the desktop is a brainsquisher, u liteerally have to click on 1 of the pixels to get it otherswise it dosnt work, keep click-dragging untill u get it, so annoying.
|My System Specs|
|26 May 2009||#6|
Here is a great build onto HUD Vision:
taboo_Vision Rainmeter skin by ~jamien-price on deviantART
and there is a little dot to make dragging the skins around easier.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: What gadget is this??|
|What is this gadget's name ?||Gadgets|
|Is there such gadget?||Gadgets|
|'See through' gadget bar?||Gadgets|
|What is this gadget / app ??||Gadgets|
|Need Gadget [specific gadget]||Gadgets|
|Hi, I'm looking for this gadget||Gadgets|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 PM.