Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: All CPU Meter stuck @ 3200MHz


12 Oct 2010   #1
Nid

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 
All CPU Meter stuck @ 3200MHz

Hello all,

Just did a mild OC'ed on my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. Just got started so I starts with a small amount (3.3 GHz vs 3.2 stock).

At any rate I have been using All CPU Meter since my AMD Phenom II X4 965BE (never OC'ed tho). Now comparing side by side with Core Temp. You can see Core Temp is display close to my target clock speed vs All CPU Meter stuck @ 3.2.

Once in a while when AMD Turbo kicks in Core Temp will jumped up to about 3.7GHz but All CPU Meter still stuck at 3.2GHz.

When AMD C&Q kicks in Core Temp will droped to about 850MHz where All CPU Meter will droped to about 800MHz.

I have been uninstalled and reinstalled All CPU Meter about 10 times - no joy.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Nid



Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

12 Oct 2010   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nid View Post
Hello all,

Just did a mild OC'ed on my AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. Just got started so I starts with a small amount (3.3 GHz vs 3.2 stock).

At any rate I have been using All CPU Meter since my AMD Phenom II X4 965BE (never OC'ed tho). Now comparing side by side with Core Temp. You can see Core Temp is display close to my target clock speed vs All CPU Meter stuck @ 3.2.

Once in a while when AMD Turbo kicks in Core Temp will jumped up to about 3.7GHz but All CPU Meter still stuck at 3.2GHz.

When AMD C&Q kicks in Core Temp will droped to about 850MHz where All CPU Meter will droped to about 800MHz.

I have been uninstalled and reinstalled All CPU Meter about 10 times - no joy.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,
Nid

Different apps monitor differently. There will always be a small difference between the two. Why is that a problem?


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Oct 2010   #3
Nid

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post


Different apps monitor differently. There will always be a small difference between the two. Why is that a problem?


Ken

Reason I asked because when I had AMD Phenom II X4 965BE running stock clock @ 3.4GHz Core Temp and All CPU Meter agreed with each other.

Now, I am running X6 OC'ed slightly to 3.3GHz.. all of the sudden Core Temp and All CPU Meter aren't agree with each other any more.

Even when I was trying to find my maximum values, I clocked it all the way up to 3.7. Core Temp followed up to 3.7GHz while All CPU Meter standing still @3.2 ???

Why not 3201MHz or 3202MHz? Think about it.

I can see 10Mhz or even up to 50MHz. That I will buy "small difference" but 500MHz that is something isn't right.

CPU-Z also, AMD Overdrive also agreed with Core Temp, they all displayed within 5~10MHz from each other. But All CPU Meter always stuck at 3.2GHz.

Sorry if I bothered you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


12 Oct 2010   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nid View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post


Different apps monitor differently. There will always be a small difference between the two. Why is that a problem?


Ken

Reason I asked because when I had AMD Phenom II X4 965BE running stock clock @ 3.4GHz Core Temp and All CPU Meter agreed with each other.

Now, I am running X6 OC'ed slightly to 3.3GHz.. all of the sudden Core Temp and All CPU Meter aren't agree with each other any more.

Even when I was trying to find my maximum values, I clocked it all the way up to 3.7. Core Temp followed up to 3.7GHz while All CPU Meter standing still @3.2 ???

Why not 3201MHz or 3202MHz? Think about it.

I can see 10Mhz or even up to 50MHz. That I will buy "small difference" but 500MHz that is something isn't right.

CPU-Z also, AMD Overdrive also agreed with Core Temp, they all displayed within 5~10MHz from each other. But All CPU Meter always stuck at 3.2GHz.

Sorry if I bothered you.
No bother. I had the same problem and spent about two weeks trying to figure it out. I went to the developers and finally found out it is in the way the app monitors the voltage and where.

Sorry if I sounded snarky, but because I went through the same I was curious. I finally gave up and took the average of the two. when the rig settled down I know I was in the right ballpark
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
 
 

Mine did the same until I went into the BIOS and noticed I had left the multiplier set to auto. When I set it to a manual value the CPU meter read it accurately.
What does your System properties rate it as?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2010   #6
Nid

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
No bother. I had the same problem and spent about two weeks trying to figure it out. I went to the developers and finally found out it is in the way the app monitors the voltage and where.

Sorry if I sounded snarky, but because I went through the same I was curious. I finally gave up and took the average of the two. when the rig settled down I know I was in the right ballpark
Not sure how or where the All CPU Meter got the data from. Obviously it can't get the data from a different sensor than the other program did such as CPU-Z, Core Temp and AMD overdrive. All CPU Meter to me is just a "display" whatever is BIOS or Windows is reporting. I could be wrong tho.

I will have to look where config file is saved perhaps it got corrupted. Even uninstalled and reinstalled it still got stuck at 3200MHz. Something to do this weekend I guess.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2010   #7
Nid

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by tw33k View Post
Mine did the same until I went into the BIOS and noticed I had left the multiplier set to auto. When I set it to a manual value the CPU meter read it accurately.
What does your System properties rate it as?

What do you mean by System properties rate it as? WEI?

I OC'ed my system so multiplier is no longer in AUTO mode, but I will double check it when I get home. I don't think so but won't hurt to look.

The other program such as those I mentioned above reported correct frequency with 200-500KHz not MHz of each other depending which program refreshed first, regardless they were within 500Hz but All CPU Meter always pegged at 3200MHz never 3199MHz or 3201MHz.

Anyone know where all of the gadget programs or files are locate on my HDD?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Oct 2010   #8
Nid

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 

I checked the BIOS the multiplier is already on "Manual" so no joy.

I checked my other Computer with AMD Phenom II X4 965BE, All CPU Meter works like it should be and it agreed with all other CPU speed monitoring programs I threw at it.

Another thing I notice on my X6 1090T PC is that All CPU Meter is only displaying 800, 1600, 2400 and 3200MHz.

I am beginning to think it is a compatibility issue with X6 1090T CPU. I didn't do anything differently just took X4 965BE out and installed X6 1090T CPU.

I have a spare HDD, I will do a fresh install Win 7 this weekend and install nothing else my All CPU Meter and see how it goes. After that if it still doesn't work then so be it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Oct 2010   #9
Nid

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 

I guess I can say the problem has been resolved.

Not the only the All CPU Meter is displaying wrong CPU speed. Windows 7 view basic information about my computer is also wrong.

At any rate, I have to disabled "Cool 'n' Quiet" feature in BIOS setting to get the Windows 7 and All CPU Meter showing a correct speed.

However right now I am running my Phenom II X6 1090T @3916MHz, so C 'n' Q is outweighed All CPU Meter - I decided to get "C 'n' Q" back on for now.

I am just using other gadgets to monitor my CPU speed.

Thanks all.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 All CPU Meter stuck @ 3200MHz




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: All CPU Meter stuck @ 3200MHz
Thread Forum
Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys General Discussion
Solved 1 meter or 2 meter led strip ? PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
all cpu meter Gadgets
Gadgets problems: All cpu meter, network meter and ilMeteo not work! Gadgets
problem with DU meter........ Software
CPU Meter show 100% Performance & Maintenance
Performance meter and new HDD General Discussion

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:40 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33