The only thing u can get it to work is to create a new account.
This is pain... And the only reason this happened is because one of the updates got installed and screwed everything up. I haven't restarted windows 7 since last week and today was the day that I lost upto 8 notes filled with lots of info :< no backup... Guys if anyone solves this problem let me know.
The things I did: System restore
= problem still exist.. SFC
= problem still exist Safemode + removing the settings / gadgets under user profile/appdata/microsoft/windows sidebar
= problem still exist Restoring sidebar/gadgets to defaults
= problem still exist Registering alot of DLLs related to gadgets
= problem still exist. UAC both ways off and On / Notify and Do not Notify
= problem still exist
Only solution I found is to create a new account, which i really don't want.