Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: desktop gadget not working

17 Nov 2010   #1
jama223

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 
desktop gadget not working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: sidebar.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc613
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00552148
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
someone please help me


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

17 Nov 2010   #2
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

jama -

We will need more information from you
-

1.Click "Start", input "eventvwr"[ without quotation marks] in the Start Search bar & press Enter.
2.Expand the 'Windows Logs"node on the left pane, right click on "Application"
3.Check to see if there are any error messages.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Nov 2010   #3
jama223

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
jama -

We will need more information from you
-

1.Click "Start", input "eventvwr"[ without quotation marks] in the Start Search bar & press Enter.
2.Expand the 'Windows Logs"node on the left pane, right click on "Application"
3.Check to see if there are any error messages.
thanks for the reply but i solved the problem...there wass a corrupted gadget in the ones i downloaded....so i went to
C:\Users\"name of the user"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\
and deleted the folder named "windows sidebar"
now the gadgets are working properly.
thanks again for your reply!!! =D
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Dec 2010   #4
dawnill29

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jama223 View Post
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: sidebar.exe
Application Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Application Timestamp: 4a5bc613
Fault Module Name: StackHash_0a9e
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00552148
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
someone please help me





Please help me with my gadgets. It is not working properly. Here is the picture.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 43
Size:  137.0 KB

please help me. I'm tired of this windows 7.


Name:  212.PNG
Views: 59
Size:  175.2 KB


My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2010   #5
JMH

Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. SP1.
 
 

dawnill29,

You would be best advised to start a new thread with your problem.

This thread has been marked as solved.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Dec 2010   #6
dawnill29

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
dawnill29,

You would be best advised to start a new thread with your problem.

This thread has been marked as solved.


yes, as you see it is solved. but it will only display a black clock and noting on the other gadgets. any idea of it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Dec 2010   #7
A Guy

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dawnill29 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by JMH View Post
dawnill29,

You would be best advised to start a new thread with your problem.

This thread has been marked as solved.


yes, as you see it is solved. but it will only display a black clock and noting on the other gadgets. any idea of it?
What JMH meant was you are requesting help in a thread that is already marked solved, for the original posters problem. So you are unlikely to get much help. Have a look here, most known fixes are in that thread:

Gadget black error

A Guy
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 desktop gadget not working




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Desktop Gadget Problem
I have searched the threads on this one but nothing seems to fit my problem. Three times recently when starting my computer (Win7 Pro 64 Bit) a Desktop Gadget has been missing from the desktop (Not always the same gadget). If I go to Control Panel, Desktop Gadgets will not open and "Restore...
Gadgets
What is this Desktop Gadget Name?
Hello! Anybody know what is this screen shot gadget name?(Small bar that contain programs shortcuts?):D Where can i download it? http://www.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/51cdbfd062.jpg
Software
SevenForum Desktop Gadget
So where do I download the SevenForum desktop gadget. You know that one that sits on your desktop and shows the Live Posts scrolling in it and then hightlight the thread that you have posted in. Much easer than having my browser open all the time. So where do I download it then :thumbsup:
Gadgets
Gadget or ..?? (want to see HDD space on desktop)
Hello :) I am new on this site so please bare with me! I am looking for a program or gadget, don't really know if both would work.. but. I'd like to be able to see how much space there is left on my two HDD's and perhaps if there is something to show the CPU usage! Thanks in advance! :)
Gadgets
New desktop gadget site
Hi, I've set up a new Windows 7 / Windows Vista gadget site at http://www.uniquewg.com. All gadgets are free to download and more are being added on a regular basis. The official gadget site has become too bloated with garbage now, so I created some gadgets myself and set up the website to...
Software
File placed on Desktop under Gadget--?
I printed a .pdf file and saved it to the desktop. Certainly the type of file isn't inportant, but the file was placed under a Gadget I had in the upper left of my screen. Is this normal or should the file have been placed somewhere else on the desktop? I do not have auto arrange turned on.
Gadgets

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App