Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Gadgets has stopped working - strange and tough problem ;/


02 Jun 2013   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 
Gadgets has stopped working - strange and tough problem ;/

Hello,

today I have changed my audio driver and after this my gadgets windows disappear + windows constantly showing me message "Gadgets has stopped working..." with no resolve info about this.

I've tried to resolve this problem a number of ways, including:
- restore gadgets installed with windows 7 (option within control panel) EACH TIME I click this option I am getting "Gadgets has stopped working"
- Registry edit (nothing chenged)
- Delate settings.ini (nothing changed)

When I click any options related to gadgets I am getting "Gadgets has stopped working"

What is wrong, how to repair it ?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Jun 2013   #2

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Looks like you hav file corruptionproblem. I guess your Laptop did not have Windows Ultimate version pre installed. If you have installed the Ultimate version yourself where did your install disc come from?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2013   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
Looks like you hav file corruptionproblem. I guess your Laptop did not have Windows Ultimate version pre installed. If you have installed the Ultimate version yourself where did your install disc come from?
I don't know my friend instaled os for me, how to repair it anyway ?

Also, sfc /scannow return - no problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


02 Jun 2013   #4

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

I presume then that you haven't got a disc? Where did the licence key come fom then if you have no disc?
Can you click on this link, download and install and post a screenshot of the result here please?
Genuine Microsoft Software
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2013   #5

Windows 7 Professional x64 Linux Mint 16
 
 

Reinstall the version of windows that came with the pc, there should be a sticker on the pc with the keycode.

Most likely Home Premium 64 bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2013   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
I presume then that you haven't got a disc? Where did the licence key come fom then if you have no disc?
Can you click on this link, download and install and post a screenshot of the result here please?
Genuine Microsoft Software
No offense but, what is the correlation between windows genuine veryfication and not working gadget ?

PS: my os is genuine version.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
Reinstall the version of windows that came with the pc, there should be a sticker on the pc with the keycode.

Most likely Home Premium 64 bit.
Now I am looking around to find cd in my room mess it isn't
easy but is there any way to avoid reinstallation ? I am suprised because everything worked just geat until I changed audio drivers ;/ Anyway, I wonder how audio drivers reinstallation may influence gadgets ;/ ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2013   #7

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mondo90 View Post

No offense but, what is the correlation between windows genuine veryfication and not working gadget ?

Because the type of problem that you are encountering can be the result of corrupted files on the installation disc! So they are almost impossible to repair without re installing !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2013   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
(...)can be the result of corrupted files on the installation disc! So they are almost impossible to repair without re installing !
Ok but it worked perfectly since begining, what about system repair from cd ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2013   #9

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
 
 

But I didn't think you had a disc!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jun 2013   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mitchell65 View Post
But I didn't think you had a disc!

Yes I found it. Home Premium Sp1 64 bit.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Gadgets has stopped working - strange and tough problem ;/




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Gadgets has stopped working - strange and tough problem ;/
Thread Forum
Solved Gadgets Suddenly Stopped Working Gadgets
Gadgets Stopped Working Gadgets
Solved Desktop Gadgets stopped working. Gadgets
windows gadgets stopped working Gadgets
desktop gadgets has stopped working Software
gadgets has stopped working (tough one) Gadgets
Gadgets suddenly stopped working! Gadgets

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33