|05 Jul 2010||#23|
| || |
YES, I found a solution from
Windows Desktop Gadgets won't install.
however they left out step 6, which is important
1. Change the extension to .zip (rename from somegadget.gadget to somegadget.zip )
2. Right click on the somegadget.zip file and select Extract All... > select some path (at the end of the path should be somegadget so it's going to create a folder with that name) > press Extract
3. Right click on the created folder: somegadget > select Copy
4. Navigate in Windows Explorer to: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets
5. Paste there somegadget folder
6. Name the folder (name of gadget).gadget
7. Right click on the desktop > Gadgets > the gadget should be displayed on the list so you can add it to your desktop by double clicking on it.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Very weird Gadgets Problem|
|Annoying Gadgets problem||Gadgets|
|Problem with gadgets!||Gadgets|
|Windows 7 gadgets weird bug||Gadgets|
|Problem install gadgets||Gadgets|
|Problem with Windows gadgets||Gadgets|
|Weird thing with gadgets||Gadgets|
|Our Sites ||Site Links ||About Us ||Find Us |
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.