Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Why my computer games doesn't work

27 Jul 2010   #1
Gentrit

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 
Why my computer games doesn't work


Look , can anyone tell me how to fix it


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

27 Jul 2010   #2
Petey7

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Well, looking at the bottom of that screen cap, I'd say you can start by running the WEI. Right click Computer in the start menu, and press properties. Click Windows Experience Index and then click Run the Assessment. Also, i must admit I have never seen that particular folder. How did you get to it?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #3
jebuchanan

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Retail)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
i must admit I have never seen that particular folder. How did you get to it?
Are you referring to the picture? This is the Games folder found on the Start menu.
If you don't have it and wish it, you need to enable it (Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features On or Off).
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Jul 2010   #4
Petey7

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

I have a games folder in the start menu but it doesn't look like that.

Why my computer games doesn't work-untitled.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #5
smarteyeball

 
 

I agree with the running WEI index.


And you can enable that games folder shortcut by r-clicking the taskbar>properties>Start Menu>Customize and select "display as Link" on the games Option

Then it appears in the right hand pane:
Why my computer games doesn't work-start-menu.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Jul 2010   #6
Petey7

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

I looked in Programs and Features>turn Features On and Off. You can turn certain games on and off. Look in there and make sure all games are enabled. You will likely have to restart after turning the games on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #7
Gentrit

Windows 7 Ultimate x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jebuchanan View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
i must admit I have never seen that particular folder. How did you get to it?
Are you referring to the picture? This is the Games folder found on the Start menu.
If you don't have it and wish it, you need to enable it (Control Panel/Programs and Features/Turn Windows Features On or Off).
i fix it , thank you very much !
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #8
letsdoamazing

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
Well, looking at the bottom of that screen cap, I'd say you can start by running the WEI. Right click Computer in the start menu, and press properties. Click Windows Experience Index and then click Run the Assessment. Also, i must admit I have never seen that particular folder. How did you get to it?
Isn't that just the games explorer window?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jul 2010   #9
Petey7

Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by letsdoamazing View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Petey7 View Post
Well, looking at the bottom of that screen cap, I'd say you can start by running the WEI. Right click Computer in the start menu, and press properties. Click Windows Experience Index and then click Run the Assessment. Also, i must admit I have never seen that particular folder. How did you get to it?
Isn't that just the games explorer window?
It still shows the WEI score there. Without running it, certain components of the OS won't run right.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Why my computer games doesn't work




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Control A combination doesn't work (Games and select all)
Hi, I recently noticed that my ctrl+a doesn't work. All the other ctrl combinations do! Ctrl+a doesnt allow me to "select all" while word processing or use this combination in games (first person shooters). I have a logitech G15 and other keyboards and they all dont allow me to use ctrl+a. I...
General Discussion
Changed Computer Name and now Network and HomeGroup doesn't work
Hi there. I have 2 computers and the networking and homegroup between them was fine (could share files, print remotely, etc). Then I decided to change the name on one of them and everything has got very screwed up and I desperately need help! (I believe the homegroup problem emanates from...
Network & Sharing
Net use doesn't work on Windows 7 computer
Hi, I have the following problem, I connect some XP (Pro, 32 bit) Clients using a bat file to our NAS (Still using workgroups, no server) The command in the bat file is like this net use \\NAS01 /user:Admin Password net use \\10.70.1.10 /user:Admin Password
Network & Sharing
Wireless mouse doesn't work... on ONE computer
I do not understand this. I've been buying and returning 'defective' wireless devices for my media center for the last few months. I bought a logitech wireless mouse (v220) a few days ago and it works on my E6410, E6510, Thinkpad T500, NC6230, and custom amd gaming machine. However, on the...
Hardware & Devices
New computer - Mic doesn't work
So I got a new computer but when I plug my microphone in, it doesn't pick up any sound. The headphones work perfectly but the microphone doesn't. In the control panel (recording options) it has these options: Front Mic VIA High Definition Audio Not plugged in Microphone VIA High Definition...
Sound & Audio
Wireless doesn't work in my room in my new computer but works on my ip
I purchased a dell 15r (N5010), and have had it for about 3 days. It is a core i3 2.27Ghz, 4Gb RAM. I did a clean install of the OS to get rid of all the bloatware. I then downloaded the respective drivers from the dell website and the resource CD that came with the laptop. After the clean OS...
Network & Sharing

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:59.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App