Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Windows 7 High Ping Fix

24 May 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 
Windows 7 High Ping Fix

I found it after remembering back when I was on vista

netsh interface tcp set global autotuning=disabled

Go into the command prompt under administrator (Right click, run as Administrator) and right click and paste. Finaly I dont need to go BACK to vista or XP

Sticky of you wish.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 May 2009   #2

Windows 7 RC1 (7100) / Windows XP SP3 dual-boot
 
 

For me, disabling the Nagle's algorithm like I did in WinXP seemed to work - lowered my latency in WoW from >200ms to ~60ms: http://wowacker.uuuq.com/
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Jun 2009   #3

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Anybody tested this? Is it safe to do? (i mean in the OP)

HunterZ ill give that a try. Although i did follow another guide which looks to be the same as what you posted (except it was all manual - which maybe i messed up on) and it hasnt helped too much.


EDIT: It worked! At least i think it did...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


01 Jul 2009   #4

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by messjess View Post
Anybody tested this? Is it safe to do? (i mean in the OP)

HunterZ ill give that a try. Although i did follow another guide which looks to be the same as what you posted (except it was all manual - which maybe i messed up on) and it hasnt helped too much.


EDIT: It worked! At least i think it did...
whats your ping times now?
have you rum a tracerote on the game server?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #5

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
whats your ping times now?
have you rum a tracerote on the game server?

Ken
Here's the speedtest results to a chicago server. (i live in around Toronto)



But even when i ping the server i usually play on i get decent ping. This is what a traceroute is right?

Hell, i can even spec people and then get a good ping and no stuttery movements. It's once i actually start playing that my ping goes nuts.

Ill try turning off the 1 other computer in the house.


Attached Thumbnails
Windows 7 High Ping Fix-ping.png  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #6

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by messjess View Post
Here's the speedtest results to a chicago server. (i live in around Toronto)



But even when i ping the server i usually play on i get decent ping. This is what a traceroute is right?

A trace route is different. there is a free app called ping probe that will trace the actual route from your computer to the game server. It looks like this

Hell, i can even spec people and then get a good ping and no stuttery movements. It's once i actually start playing that my ping goes nuts.

you can tell from the spike which computer is slowing you down.

hope this helps

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
you can tell from the spike which computer is slowing you down.

Ken
What do you mean by this? The other person in the server?

Anyways here's mine. Does it looks OK?


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
01 Jul 2009   #8

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by messjess View Post
What do you mean by this? The other person in the server?

Anyways here's mine. Does it looks OK?
bottleneck is.

you see the line on the right side. at one point the response time goes way up (128ms) thats where my bottleneck is. that can help you because you can influence the path your route takes.


Hope this helps and feel fre to ask more if you need it


Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #9

Vista x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
that can help you because you can influence the path your route takes.

How so?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Jul 2009   #10

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by CougarDan View Post
How so?
Ok so Im assuming you ran traceroute and found a node whose ping time is huge (more than 250 ms). Get the name for that node. then go to the games support and ask if there is another server you can use becuase of the high ping. If that doesn't work you can ask your ISP, If that doesn't work you could proxy to the game servers country. there are a ton of tricks. these are the easiest to do .

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Windows 7 High Ping Fix





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33