Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: C&C Generals Zero Hour not working on win 7 Ult 32bit


15 Sep 2010   #1

Win 7 Ult 32bit
 
 
C&C Generals Zero Hour not working on win 7 Ult 32bit

I installed my game it did work before in Win Xp home edt. but it does not want to work in win 7. I have tried to run as administrator, turn the AUC on and off to bypass it and also went in to the registry and create path with all the values and permissions, I have also tried compatibility mode after all this the game still does not launch and keeps giving me technical difficulties error that it have to close.

Any other ideas ?

I still have some games that gives me some problems after I have installed win 7
ill just start new threads for them as well,but for now we take one at a time


I have uploaded the Dx diag as well as a copy op the event viewer I hope this will help you. If you need something else just give me a shout.




Attached Files
File Type: zip Dx diag& Event Viewer.zip (8.2 KB, 663 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Sep 2010   #2

Win 7 Ult 32bit
 
 

I have managed to get you guys a Crash Release info. There will be two of them as the 1st attempt was after a windows update and try to run it in Xp compatible mode and the second attempt was when I tried to run it in virtual Xp mode. both failed

Win 7 compatibility mode gave me the error: technical difficulties "that you have encountered a serious error

Xp mode gives me a Game.data error

I have also uploaded a new Dxdiag after the windows update, this is as much info as i can give you at the moment if I did miss something, please let me know.

In meanwhile I will uninstall the game again and Reinstall it and run the patches as administrator.


Attached Files
File Type: zip GzH Crash release info.zip (1.4 KB, 1070 views)
File Type: txt DxDiag.txt (32.4 KB, 673 views)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2010   #3

Win 7 Ult 32bit
 
 

Hmmm it has been a week, and no reply I suppose no one could come up with a solution either.

I will leave this thread open for one more week then Ill close it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


25 Sep 2010   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I tried numerous different ways of running this game on my Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, and I got nowhere. :-(

The furthest I got was the loading screen then my processor went crazy then the game froze and crashed. I spent some time with this and in the end gave up.

Sorry I can't be any help mate, but at least you know you're not alone! lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sister101 View Post
I have managed to get you guys a Crash Release info. There will be two of them as the 1st attempt was after a windows update and try to run it in Xp compatible mode and the second attempt was when I tried to run it in virtual Xp mode. both failed

Win 7 compatibility mode gave me the error: technical difficulties "that you have encountered a serious error

Xp mode gives me a Game.data error

I have also uploaded a new Dxdiag after the windows update, this is as much info as i can give you at the moment if I did miss something, please let me know.

In meanwhile I will uninstall the game again and Reinstall it and run the patches as administrator.
Hi...
I too had the same problem of technical errors, but after reinstalling my graphics drivers & running the game in administrator mode its working fine.
honestly i dont what exactly happend.
I just reinstalled the drivers & then the game-->run in administrator mode. Its working!..
But when i looked at your post, that it gives error in XP too.
It means that there is a problem with the game installer. Thats all I have found out till now. Hope it helps you.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2010   #6

Win 7 Ult 32bit
 
 

I have reinstalled the Ati drivers only up to v9.7 as I have read a thread where they say that Ati did have some troubles with some of their drivers and that they recommend to stay on v9.7 as there were no reports or problems reported until they sorted the problem.
When I reinstalled the game and drivers and then launch the game the end result was the same, so updated the drivers any case as there was no change.

I have installed the game and drivers directly on to Xp mode and when I launch the game it goes up till the loading screen than it closes prematurely with no error codes or messages what so ever.

I am officially out of ideas for now, if any any one have any ideas or methods that they used to get it to work post them so I can try them out.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Sister101 View Post
I have reinstalled the Ati drivers only up to v9.7 as I have read a thread where they say that Ati did have some troubles with some of their drivers and that they recommend to stay on v9.7 as there were no reports or problems reported until they sorted the problem.
When I reinstalled the game and drivers and then launch the game the end result was the same, so updated the drivers any case as there was no change.

I have installed the game and drivers directly on to Xp mode and when I launch the game it goes up till the loading screen than it closes prematurely with no error codes or messages what so ever.

I am officially out of ideas for now, if any any one have any ideas or methods that they used to get it to work post them so I can try them out.

I seriously dont have any idea whatsoever that why this game is not working/running in your OS!
I read about the lists of TECHNICAL ERRORS that includes this APPCRASH & others like steaming or starting the .dll & suddenly getting closed without any further error message. The article said due to the TOO MUCH USER FRIENDLINESS of the OS...the particular graphics loader crashes with/without error msgs. This User Friendliness means graphic configurations that the OS itself is using. For example...Games like F1 99-07 will have the same outcome like yours. It starts of really well...loads the launch video properly but suddenly it stops, like vanished somewhere. No proper answers could be found with it. I am sorry fellow. I dont know how the hell is it working on my PC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2010   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Okay. I have found the solution here.
Just to clarify, I am running this on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Start off by installing the Generals game. Then create a folder in your documents folder called...

Command and Conquer Generals Data

Then open up Notepad and copy and paste the following...

AntiAliasing = 3
FirewallBehavior = 1
FirewallNeedToRefresh = FALSE
FirewallPortAllocationDelta = 0
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
LanguageFilter = false
MusicVolume = 39
Resolution = 1440 900
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 37
SFXVolume = 33
ScrollFactor = 42
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = High
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
VoiceVolume = 40


Note: That the Resolution may differ on your monitor. Change this accordingly.

Now save this text file inside the folder you created and name the file...

options.ini

Next, find your generals.exe file inside the installation folder and change the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2.

You should now be able to run the game in Windows 7!


Please note that if you go into the 'options' menu screen of the game and change anything, the resolution will no longer be set as you set it above. If you do this then just open up options.ini file and edit! You may also want to use 'Right-click' for commanding your units in the game. If you do then in options.ini change the UseAlternateMouse from no to yes.

I also have Generals Zero Hour installed too. All I did to get this working was to create a folder called...

Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data

Then copy over the options.ini file that you put into the Generals data folder above.

Hope I've been of some help?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Oct 2010   #9

Win 7 Ult 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ukgovsucks View Post
Okay. I have found the solution here.
Just to clarify, I am running this on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Start off by installing the Generals game. Then create a folder in your documents folder called...

Command and Conquer Generals Data

Then open up Notepad and copy and paste the following...

AntiAliasing = 3
FirewallBehavior = 1
FirewallNeedToRefresh = FALSE
FirewallPortAllocationDelta = 0
GameSpyIPAddress = 0.0.0.0
Gamma = 50
IPAddress = 0.0.0.0
IdealStaticGameLOD = High
LanguageFilter = false
MusicVolume = 39
Resolution = 1440 900
Retaliation = yes
SFX3DVolume = 37
SFXVolume = 33
ScrollFactor = 42
SendDelay = no
StaticGameLOD = High
UseAlternateMouse = no
UseDoubleClickAttackMove = no
VoiceVolume = 40


Note: That the Resolution may differ on your monitor. Change this accordingly.

Now save this text file inside the folder you created and name the file...

options.ini

Next, find your generals.exe file inside the installation folder and change the compatibility mode to Windows XP SP2.

You should now be able to run the game in Windows 7!


Please note that if you go into the 'options' menu screen of the game and change anything, the resolution will no longer be set as you set it above. If you do this then just open up options.ini file and edit! You may also want to use 'Right-click' for commanding your units in the game. If you do then in options.ini change the UseAlternateMouse from no to yes.

I also have Generals Zero Hour installed too. All I did to get this working was to create a folder called...

Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour Data

Then copy over the options.ini file that you put into the Generals data folder above.

Hope I've been of some help?

I am sorry for the reply that took so long, thanks for the idea I will try it out tonight and I will let you know if it worked
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Oct 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

as i remembered this last January i tried General Zero Hour in Windows 7 32bit without compatibility mode i`m not sure about the problem here probably your Ati card? i know Ati cards gives some probs on some games thats why i switch to Geforce , or try to delete the ZeroHour setting file located somewhere in your MyDocuments i forgot the exact the name of that folder but easy to spot it make sure create a backup first..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 C&C Generals Zero Hour not working on win 7 Ult 32bit




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: C&C Generals Zero Hour not working on win 7 Ult 32bit
Thread Forum
Solved Generals Zero Hour online issue Gaming
help: C&C generals zero hour on ATI Mobility Radeon hd Gaming
C&C generals/zero hour Gaming
Command & Conquer: Generals Zero Hour Gaming
C&C Generals Zero Hour Gaming
Generals Zero Hour Networking Issues Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33