Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Blizzard sues StarCraft II hack developers

20 Oct 2010   #21
mikedl

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Copyrights and EULAS are meant to protect the investment in research and development that went into a particular product.

The demarcation of that ideal is evident in software such as Windows, Office and a myriad of other offerings.

When it comes to games (which I do not play) the demarcation evident in my above statement can become less clear.

If cheats degrade the intent of a game giving priority to those aware of the cheats or able to buy them, a game maker has a right to seek redress. So do those that bought the game only to find themselves disadvantaged in game play because they chose to play by the rules. I'm with Trucidation on this one and I'm not even a game player.

DISCLAIMER: I have cheated on Pinball, Minefield and Duke Nukem. (but never in a multi-player environment)


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
20 Oct 2010   #22
Crispy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 (Build 6.1.7601)
 
 

I gave hacking a go in CS 1.3 after 10 min I sead to myself, this is stupid I don't know how people can hack and have fun doing it it just rewens the game for everyone else and ya I got band from that server but I quit playing CS back then anyway.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #23
mckillwashere

Windows 7 x86/x64, Server 2008r2, Web Server 2008
 
 

Hacking makes things unfair for the other players.... till you find a server with a super admin, that knows how to abuse his powers and knows his way around Fire walls
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Oct 2010   #24
madtownidiot

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by mckillwashere View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by madtownidiot View Post
Well.. activision does have a right to determine how their own servers are used.. but if anyone is entitled to compensation in a lawsuit for the having their game ruined by cheaters that used hacks, the people who got cheated have just as much a stake in the lawsuit as activision, if not more, and should be entitled to refunds for anything for however much it cost for the multiplayer part of the game.. no clue how much that would be
When you sign up for the battle.net account it gives you a EULA stating what can and cannot be done on there servers and reason why they will ban you. They should net be refunded anything.
I was referring to the people who weren't cheating
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #25
Fayla

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by GeorgeB View Post
Blizzard is a very good company that writes good games. They spend a lot of money and time
creating these games.

They are right to sue and stop this illegal activity from happening.
My younger brother has worked with Blizzard for some years now. They are very good to their staff-- lots of bonuses, lots of free game related items, free dental health care, free McDonalds meal passes, etc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #26
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

they would need the dental health care after all that macdonalds...probably.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #27
Bootz

Vista Business x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Crispy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DarkScorpion View Post
Blizzard is a horrible company now anyways, since they got merged with Activision, they just Sue people for sh!t reasons, and charge you money monthly to play their games. That's why I WILL NEVER BUY AND PLAY a Blizzard game EVER again. MY REASON IS NOT BECAUSE OF HACKS... Blizzard is just Spewing Excuses to make money.
Ya you can say that again, they do make good games but ever since WoW got brought in it just went to s*** after that.
Why do you say that? because WOW is the most popular game ever made revenue wise?

What other game can claim a 10million+ player base for the last 5+ years?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #28
mickey megabyte

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 

minesweeper?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #29
Crispy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1 (Build 6.1.7601)
 
 

Wow is only good game because Blizzard know how to make games but people get over playing to playing online but this is when I saw Blizzard throwing out law suits 24?7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Oct 2010   #30
DirtyElf

Windows 7 64-bit Home
 
 

i dont understand why some people think that the creators of these hacks/cracks DONT deserve to get sued...

I'm company A. I produce game AA. It cost me $1,000,000. I sell AA to make back that money plus profit. Guy B makes my game free via a crack. Guy B causes me to lose money. Guy C makes my game unenjoyable for my intended audience. Guy C causes me to lose money. Why shouldn't they be held responsible?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Blizzard sues StarCraft II hack developers




Thread Tools




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Blizzard Downloader crash
This happens very often i dont know why. Their online support doesnt help at all. They just direct me to the support page which says to uninstall Nvidia Nforce Network Access Manager which i dont have. ============================================================================== Blizzard...
BSOD Help and Support
BDOD only when playing blizzard games?
Ok where to start... First off my Specs: -Windows 7 x64 -Asus P5k -Intel E8500, not OC'ed -4850 crossfire -3 x 2GB DDR2 800 (2 chips are transend and, other is dynet running in dual channel asymmetric mode) -550 watt Coolermaster PSU -Coolermaster storm scout case, so loads of Fans.
BSOD Help and Support
Time lapse video of blizzard
18213768
Chillout Room
Motorola sues Microsoft
Motorola sues Microsoft, alleges patent infringement.. Source And in a related article from yesterday Source
News
NFL Vet Sues EA on behalf of 6,000 Players
Unbelievable bound to happen I guess. Former Bengals running back Tony Davis has filed a class-action suit against EA on behalf of some 6,00 retired NFL pros over the use of players likenesses in Madden 2009 reports IGN Former NFL players sue EA over Madden - Plugged In - Yahoo! Games Guess they...
Chillout Room
Blizzard Drops Three New StarCraft 2 Screens
http://blog.wired.com/games/images/2009/01/06/sc21head.jpg The slow trickle of information on StarCraft 2 continues, as Blizzard Entertainment today released three more screenshots from the upcoming strategy title. Included in this latest batch of screens are some gorgeous examples of the...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App