Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Customizing Windows Card Games


22 Oct 2010   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 
Customizing Windows Card Games

Is anyone interested in customizing solitaire, hearts, freecell, and spider solitaire?

Either no wants to or its too dayum hard to do it.

I checked around and only found one recent tutorial on how to overwrite the current backgrounds.

I guess im wondering if people would like an app to customize it. Im bored with StartOrbz and I think its time to release my next project.

Let me know what you think.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

23 Oct 2010   #2

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
 
 

yes that would be cool it would be a great tutorial
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Oct 2010   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Thanks for responding.

It wouldnt be a tutorial. The app is done. Im just polishing everything up.

Doing this wasnt easy. It took days to figure out how to actually add new decks and backgrounds. I had to learn how the cardgames.dll file was used. A lot of trial and error.

I understand why it wasnt done before. To manually mod the files and add new decks took like 30 minutes. That didnt include photoshop time. And thats AFTER I figured out how to do it! I guess thats why nobody has done it.

Coding it wasnt fun either. I borrowed code from so many of my projects. It took about 5 days to code it all.

-Blizo


Attached Thumbnails
Customizing Windows Card Games-deckor.jpg  
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


24 Oct 2010   #4

Windows 7 Enterprise RTM x64
 
 

I skinned mine a while back the manual way when someone was asking how to do it. Figured the best way to find out how was to do it. I would have been nice if MS would have added the option to use a custom deck picture.


Attached Images
 
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Oct 2010   #5

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Exactly!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2010   #6

Win7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Hello blizarro, I've had been doing some browsing into the dll file, now I'm not sure but in order to add more decks choices, you would need to created a new set of data for that new deck, and twik some numbers here and there to acomodate the extra space for the actual deck prints y all 5 jpg files. am I overthinking it or am on the right path some help be apresiated
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2010   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 7600 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Nice work Blizarro. Didn't want to change my card backs, 'cos it was a long process (I know I'm lazy). Now it seems quite easy, thanks to you.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fritz View Post
I skinned mine a while back the manual way when someone was asking how to do it. Figured the best way to find out how was to do it. I would have been nice if MS would have added the option to use a custom deck picture.
I remember the thread fritz
How to change card backs?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2010   #8

 
 

Just discovered this thread and I'm so glad I did! I love playing these games on-line, but a lot of the apps appear way too small on the screen. (And zooms and other enlarging links don't help.) Could any of your customizations include displaying the games in full screen mode? That would be great!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2010   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by niteman27 View Post
Hello blizarro, I've had been doing some browsing into the dll file, now I'm not sure but in order to add more decks choices, you would need to created a new set of data for that new deck, and twik some numbers here and there to acomodate the extra space for the actual deck prints y all 5 jpg files. am I overthinking it or am on the right path some help be apresiated
Wow, I thought no one even cared about this app. I backed it up.

This is no simple tweak. Ms did not want us to add decks.

To add new decks would require creating several xmls , jpgs and cabs. If you have been tinkering with the dll then you will see the standard files and how they are named.

Manually doing this would take hours.

If you want I will slip you the beta, you can add a new deck and then peek at how i did it. It only has one bug. 4 cards show incorrectly. Its a mapping issue that I havnt fixed. I gave up on this app since no one was interested.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Dec 2010   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate x86
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
Just discovered this thread and I'm so glad I did! I love playing these games on-line, but a lot of the apps appear way too small on the screen. (And zooms and other enlarging links don't help.) Could any of your customizations include displaying the games in full screen mode? That would be great!!!
This only works on the cardgames.dll file. No online games.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Customizing Windows Card Games




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Customizing Windows Card Games
Thread Forum
Games only recognizing Intel graphics card, but using a real card Graphic Cards
Key Customizing [Esc] to close Windows Customization
Customizing Windows Explorer Customization
Customizing Windows Explorer? Customization
Customizing Windows Customization

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33