Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.



Windows 7: Dead Space 2/unplayable?

04 Mar 2011   #1

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 
Dead Space 2/unplayable?

Just installed this
problem one arose when I tried the multiplayer option...prompted to create account (theres nothing about existing accounts) and blow me down I can't use that email because it's already in use (of course it is I have BC2 as well) process cancelled so I'm locked out of multiplayer atm....
second problem is
wtf is it with the mouse...aim?? The mouse don't do anything period...game doesn't seem to recognise it...had a look on EA forums and found patch...downloaded it and installed...makes no difference at all....found a thread relating to mouse issues with the game and I found out its yet another console bloody port...the patch itself has done nothing to alleviate the mouse issues at all (just made some soddin suit appear when you finish the game or some crap.
Jesus I really hope EA go broke and someone else takes over publishing the games EA currently do oh and btw you can activate this one 5 times too...waiting on a response from EA which will probaly never arrive..
Anyone playing this game found a workaround otherwise it's being bloody returned asap....

OK this is fixed...I unistalled it and will be taking this rubbish back to the gameshop for a refund...theres 50 million posts around about the game not working with a keyboard and mouse and EA hasn't adressed it..the patch certainly does'nt contain a fix...

MY advice would be that if you're considering buying this crap, don't.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Mar 2011   #2

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Sad days for sure with games as of late (3 to 5 yrs).

My advise for you and anyone else? Do Not pre-order, Do not buy the same day the game comes out... wait a couple of weeks until you can see some real reviews of the game. Real = Not Online mags being paid by the Devs or Publishers.

If we all would do this, they would feel it in their pockets and would possibly start paying more attention to detail, quality control and would optimize their console to pc ports.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #3

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Umm Dead Space 2 IS very playable under Windows 7 x64 bit. I've played it a few times. In fact, Dead Space 2 is one of the few games that doesn't even task the system.

Don't know about mouse issues. I hadn't had any myself with the game. One suggestion I can give is try turning on V-Sync. There was a mouse lag issue in the first game and turning on V-Sync worked there.

Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Mar 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

I have to agree with the multi-player problem, ran into that myself and had to use one of my other e-mail addresses. But, like sygnus21, I had no problems running the game on Windows 7 64 bit. In fact, I played it, finished it, and moved on to Bulletstorm.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #5

windows 7 x 64 ult
 
 

No probs here ....7x64...5770...4gb ddr2...AMD 5600+ dual /oc 3.1....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #6

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Well I've spent approx 12 hours looking for a solution..and there is none....ingame the mouse input simply doesnt work nor does the tab key on the keyboard...why the wasd and shift keys do and nothing else beats me.

V sync fix applies to the first game and fixes nothing in this one...nor does the patch..no response from EA and I doubt there will be one...they haven't responded to issues on the DS forums that go back since the game was released...my guess is EA don't care and if I get no response from them by Sunday then the game gets returned and I get a refund.
The ppl at Visceral games are at fault here..they coded the game and if you try contacting them you go back to EA via redirection so Visceral don't care cos they hide behind the publisher.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #7

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Fixed this by removing both keyboard and mouse (USB) and installing a spare Keyboard Mouse the use the ps2 type connectors'

Pity the mouse is bout 100dpi or w/e..bloody ancient thing I've had sitting in a cupboard for a loooooooong time....

well at least i can play this now
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Mar 2011   #8

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
ingame the mouse input simply doesnt work nor does the tab key on the keyboard...why the wasd and shift keys do and nothing else beats me.

..no response from EA and I doubt there will be one...they haven't responded to issues on the DS forums that go back since the game was released...my guess is EA don't care and if I get no response from them by Sunday then the game gets returned and I get a refund.
The ppl at Visceral games are at fault here..they coded the game and if you try contacting them you go back to EA via redirection so Visceral don't care cos they hide behind the publisher.
Dude there's no doubt you have a problem, but you're making this sound like a major issue everyone is having.... and it simply isn't the case.

Evidently your issue lays with your hardware and not with EA!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
Fixed this by removing both keyboard and mouse (USB) and installing a spare Keyboard Mouse the use the ps2 type connectors'

well at least i can play this now
And for what it's worth I have both a USB wireless keyboard and mouse, both Logitech, and the game works just fine.

Anyways I'm happy to see you got the game to work now. I'll also add that you need to check your drivers and/or mouse and keyboard software settings on the USB keyboard and mouse. You might also check the BIOS to see if "Legacy" mouse and keyboard is enabled for USB. (something like that)

Good luck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2011   #9

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
ingame the mouse input simply doesnt work nor does the tab key on the keyboard...why the wasd and shift keys do and nothing else beats me.

..no response from EA and I doubt there will be one...they haven't responded to issues on the DS forums that go back since the game was released...my guess is EA don't care and if I get no response from them by Sunday then the game gets returned and I get a refund.
The ppl at Visceral games are at fault here..they coded the game and if you try contacting them you go back to EA via redirection so Visceral don't care cos they hide behind the publisher.
Dude there's no doubt you have a problem, but you're making this sound like a major issue everyone is having.... and it simply isn't the case.

Evidently your issue lays with your hardware and not with EA!

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
Fixed this by removing both keyboard and mouse (USB) and installing a spare Keyboard Mouse the use the ps2 type connectors'

well at least i can play this now
And for what it's worth I have both a USB wireless keyboard and mouse, both Logitech, and the game works just fine.

Anyways I'm happy to see you got the game to work now. I'll also add that you need to check your drivers and/or mouse and keyboard software settings on the USB keyboard and mouse. You might also check the BIOS to see if "Legacy" mouse and keyboard is enabled for USB. (something like that)

Good luck.
The razer keyboard /mouse work fine with every other game I play....secondly my drivers are all up to date...I check for updates routinely...thirdly my BIOS settings are fine tyvm

If you cared to check forums/google you would find there are in fact widespread issues with this game and controls...not everyone uses logitech mice/keyboards for example.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Mar 2011   #10

Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
 
 

You just called this game "crap", you're out of line, friend. It could be your fault for the game not functioning properly. Consider any alternative options before you offend some people.

I've enjoyed the game, it was very well done, I've had no issues whatsoever.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Dead Space 2/unplayable?





Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33