Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Game lagging and slow performance of pc.Suggestion about a gaming rig?

13 Jul 2011   #81
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Yes it would technically be a new computer but with the same case. OP does not need a new graphics processor, his would work fine. This has already been discussed, he is getting a new processor, RAM and motherboard, everything else stays the same. He doesn't need the i7-2600k, which costs $100 more than the i5-2500k. His existing GPU is already better than the integrated graphics of the i7-2600k, so what you said is just wrong.

If he gets 4GB of RAM, and doesn't have 64 bit Windows 7 installed, then he wouldn't be fully using the 4GB of RAM he got, only around 3.25 GB, and not using what he bought to its full potential, which is just a waste of cash theoretically.

*Mual, check your Sevenforums inbox...


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
13 Jul 2011   #82
Judas

Windows 7 ultimate 32
 
 

I agree that 64bit would be better, but definitely 32bit is fine, and he mentioned that thats the OS he has. He shouldn't feel that there is a need for 64bit because its more of an extra after he gets all of the necessary hardware first. I never said that an integrated graphics card is better than what he got. I was just stating that because he's getting a new motherboard (I did not check compatibility), it is possible that he might need a new graphics card.

I don't know anything about the graphics card he currently has. But if you're getting lag playing games, its either the processor or the graphics card. If the graphics card is fine, then you just need to upgrade the processor. Best bang for the buck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2011   #83
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Judas, all this has already been discussed lol... Just check all the other previous posts...

Besides, it would be a bit of waste of cash it he could not use what he bought to its full potential. And he doesn't have to repurchase Windows 7 64 bit, the 32 bit key works fine on the 64 bit installation if you weren't aware of this...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Jul 2011   #84
Judas

Windows 7 ultimate 32
 
 

Alright, gotcha. Did not know about the windows thing. I would have thought Microsoft would be milking people of any cash they can.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Jul 2011   #85
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2011   #86
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Judas View Post
Essentially, you would be building a new computer if you want the i5 processor, because you'll need a new motherboard, new rams, and possibly a new graphics card (can be pretty expensive). If you want a temporary fix to play some games that you currently can't play, you should try and get the best new processor for your current motherboard. That way you just replace a processor.

And a 32bit windows 7 would be fine for playing almost all games. I know 64bit gives you access to more memory but I don't know many games that exceed 4 GB.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Yes it would technically be a new computer but with the same case. OP does not need a new graphics processor, his would work fine. This has already been discussed, he is getting a new processor, RAM and motherboard, everything else stays the same. He doesn't need the i7-2600k, which costs $100 more than the i5-2500k. His existing GPU is already better than the integrated graphics of the i7-2600k, so what you said is just wrong.

If he gets 4GB of RAM, and doesn't have 64 bit Windows 7 installed, then he wouldn't be fully using the 4GB of RAM he got, only around 3.25 GB, and not using what he bought to its full potential, which is just a waste of cash theoretically.

*Mual, check your Sevenforums inbox...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Judas View Post
I agree that 64bit would be better, but definitely 32bit is fine, and he mentioned that thats the OS he has. He shouldn't feel that there is a need for 64bit because its more of an extra after he gets all of the necessary hardware first. I never said that an integrated graphics card is better than what he got. I was just stating that because he's getting a new motherboard (I did not check compatibility), it is possible that he might need a new graphics card.

I don't know anything about the graphics card he currently has. But if you're getting lag playing games, its either the processor or the graphics card. If the graphics card is fine, then you just need to upgrade the processor. Best bang for the buck.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Judas, all this has already been discussed lol... Just check all the other previous posts...

Besides, it would be a bit of waste of cash it he could not use what he bought to its full potential. And he doesn't have to repurchase Windows 7 64 bit, the 32 bit key works fine on the 64 bit installation if you weren't aware of this...
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Judas View Post
Alright, gotcha. Did not know about the windows thing. I would have thought Microsoft would be milking people of any cash they can.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by SlasherIT View Post
Lol.
Well thank you both.
You both have been a great help to me and I learn a lot of things from you guys.
Thank you, thank you.
I never know that 32 bit key works for 64 bit installation too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Jul 2011   #87
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

No prob...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Jul 2011   #88
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Thanks for the info about the 64 bit Windows, I will download soon, but not now.
I'm not free
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2011   #89
Mual

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit SP 1
 
 

Sorry for another post here...
I have another question, that is I want some suggestion about the expansion of PC.
I already invest a lot on this old PC, so I should just continue to expand using this PC (Of course I need to change the Casing) or buy a new one?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Aug 2011   #90
SlasherIT

Ubuntu 12.10
 
 

Technically its a new PC with some old components from your 'old' PC. Since changing the motherboard and processor, that is the main component of a PC really, its a big difference, so I would call it a new computer .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Game lagging and slow performance of pc.Suggestion about a gaming rig?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Continuous Lagging and Slow Performance Toshiba L745 Win 7 64x bit
Hello guys..i new here..Correct me if im wrong..:shock: i`ve been having a difficulties to find the solutions regarding the problem that i have been facing. Sometimes everything seems just fine but a minute later the problem come. even opening microsoft word makes me feels sick..just scrolling...
Performance & Maintenance
Something wrong with Taskbar ("performance" slow/lagging)
Hello, I've been playing around with 3rd party themes and taskbar customizations, and after setting everything back to default (Normal Window Aero themes, taskbar etc) I'm experiencing slowness/lag in taskbar performance. This is hard to explain but I'll try to clarify as much as I can: ...
General Discussion
System performance "slow" warning in any game, but running just fine
I'm very tired of seeing this message booting me to desktop just to ask me if I want to change the color scheme because it perceives my computer is running slow. Load up Batman AC? 10 minutes in focus changes from said full-screen app to this completely unnecessary 'warning'. Battlefield 3? ...
Performance & Maintenance
game performance becomes slow/jerky
i have an hp dv5 1006ax laptop with windows 7. my problem is, the game performance becomes slow/jerky (not smooth) when power is unplugged. i tried changing my power plans. but no use. when it is plugged in it works smooth. i have ATI Radeon HD 3400 on it please help
Gaming
Slow game performance
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I found this place after Googleing this problem I've been having. I recently upgraded from XP 32-bit to Win 7 32-bit. After the installation i updated all of my drivers from the manufactures and went to windows update and installed anything that it found. My...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:04.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App