Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Max payne 2 requires a Microsoft DirectX 9.0 compatible display adapte


14 Sep 2011   #1

Windows 7 prof 32bit
 
 
Max payne 2 requires a Microsoft DirectX 9.0 compatible display adapte

Hi

I have the Max Payne 2 (original 2 cd ).

I install the game. Then i go to run the game and the problem is :
Quote:
Max payne 2 requires a Microsoft DirectX 9.0 compatible display adapter. Please consult the troubleshooting readme in the installation folder.
I download DirectX 9 and i can't install because :
Quote:
DirectX setup has determined that a newer or eguivalent version of DirectX has benn installed aleready. No installation necessary.
.

After that i do right click in Max Payne2.exe
Properties --> Compatibility --> Run this program in compatibility mode for :
i select all the options there but nothing

I have DirectX 11.
Win 7 Sp1 prof 32bit
1GB ram

Any ideas????

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

14 Sep 2011   #2

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

according to Microsoft, it should run OK:
Windows 7 Compatibility for Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne: Take-Two Interactive. Drivers, Updates, Downloads

download and install patch version 1.05 for the full game (- ie. not the Demo..)
http://www.3drealms.com/max/downloads.html
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #3

Windows 7 prof 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
according to Microsoft, it should run OK:
Windows 7 Compatibility for Max Payne 2: The Fall Of Max Payne: Take-Two Interactive. Drivers, Updates, Downloads

download and install patch version 1.05 for the full game (- ie. not the Demo..)
3D Realms Site: Max Payne Demo Mirrors
Nothing my friend

Any ideas???
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


15 Sep 2011   #4

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Uninstall game completely, restart, install game again with admin rights (explore\cdrom\setup.exe\right click and Run as Admin.

Uninstall and Install fresh audio and video drivers.

YMMV but sometimes this has helped me with old game problems. No, perhaps it is not a 100% solution but at this point... you got nothing to loose!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #5

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

sorry to hear that, solidsneake

I'll try and install it myself, here - I have a copy on the shelf..

meantime, could you fill in as much information as possible
about your system - that will help with the reseach..

BTW - is that a desktop or a laptop..??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #6

Windows 7 prof 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
sorry to hear that, solidsneake

I'll try and install it myself, here - I have a copy on the shelf..

meantime, could you fill in as much information as possible
about your system - that will help with the reseach..

BTW - is that a desktop or a laptop..??
Laptop
Windows 7 prof 32bit
1,73 GHz intel centrino
1GB ram
Intel 915 graphic card
DirectX 11

I install the game 1 year before and the game play on my laptop (with OS Windows 7 prof ).

I format my laptop one month before and now i have the problem.

Thanks for all!!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #7

64-Bit W7 Ult_sp1
 
 

it installed OK on my rig - runs a bit "lumpy", mouse doesn't flow too well
but its playable, at least..

I installed the patch 1.01 from Rockstar Games - that seems to be the right one..

give it a try..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Sep 2011   #8

Windows 7 prof 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
it installed OK on my rig - runs a bit "lumpy", mouse doesn't flow too well
but its playable, at least..

I installed the patch 1.01 from Rockstar Games - that seems to be the right one..

give it a try..
I installed the patch 1.01 but nothing tha same error.

Unistall then install the game again and after install i take this message
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Max payne 2 requires a Microsoft DirectX 9.0 compatible display adapte




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33