Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Odd CombatArms Problem


View Poll Results: Has this happened to you?
Yes 1 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

30 Jul 2009   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 
Odd CombatArms Problem (solved)

This problem is verry peculiar and verry different from all other reported CombatArms problems, I can start the geame perfectly fine, but I can only play for up to 10 minutes (only once did I actually get to play this long) and then the game completely closes! It's SOOO anoyoing! I'm learning to program and my dad's an IT guy, so I have tried every possible compatibility mode configuration that is compatible with the game, and...NOTHING! PLEASE HELP!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

30 Jul 2009   #2

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mcyoung5 View Post
This problem is verry peculiar and verry different from all other reported CombatArms problems, I can start the geame perfectly fine, but I can only play for up to 10 minutes (only once did I actually get to play this long) and then the game completely closes! It's SOOO anoyoing! I'm learning to program and my dad's an IT guy, so I have tried every possible compatibility mode configuration that is compatible with the game, and...NOTHING! PLEASE HELP!
Hi Mc

Welcome to sevenforums

I have to ask the obvious. This is a full retail copy of CAO?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2009   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Hi Mc

Welcome to sevenforums

I have to ask the obvious. This is a full retail copy of CAO?

Ken
Yes, downloaded directly from Nexon. BTW, I have the latest drivers and have redownloaded and reainstalled the game restarting both after uninstallation and instalation.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


30 Jul 2009   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Forgot to mention that i did get the NOV 2008 DirectX 9.0c ReDist, and it helped a little, not much, but it did help.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2009   #5

Win 8 Release candidate 8400
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Mcyoung5 View Post
Yes, downloaded directly from Nexon. BTW, I have the latest drivers and have redownloaded and reainstalled the game restarting both after uninstallation and instalation.
Mc

It may be a mem issue. 2 gigs on 64 bit is pretty thin. does this happen on other games?

Ken
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2009   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

No, other games work perfectly fine, but I am running the 32bit version of 7, my CPU isx64. Hopefully upgrading though, to about 4-6GB
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2009   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

I would like to fix this problem without having to run it on a Virtual PC, it runs too slow...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2009   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

k, ran in the game in 16bit color, and it elongated my gametime a bit, but when it closed this time, it told me it couldn't read the memory and to click ok to close the program. I had to run Task Manager to close it and I noticed something that was never there before I upgraded to Windows 7, there was CombatArms and Engine.exe...? Now I'm justy flat out confused.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Jul 2009   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by zigzag3143 View Post
Mc

It may be a mem issue. 2 gigs on 64 bit is pretty thin. does this happen on other games?

Ken
I'm almost positive it's a memory problem, downloaded and installed a similair game with the same exact problem, thanks zigzag
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Odd CombatArms Problem




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33