Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Battlefield 3 Graphic Problems

02 Oct 2011   #11
lnav83

Windows 8.1 Pro w/ Media Center 64-Bit
 
 

I've had problems too relating to SLI but I think it's all related to the fact that its still in beta.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
02 Oct 2011   #12
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Go to the amd site and download the latest profile it has crossfire info for bf3.
I'm running it on a single 5850 and it's clear and smooth as a bell.
I think part of the problem is the messed up way they make it launch from the browser...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2011   #13
Diabolical

Window 7 Home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
Not sure why it's lagging more but the info I get is that it does apparently lag but no one knows why..the fact remains tho that the Beta is locked to medium settings by Dice/EA...There is little tweaking that can be done atm.
My advice remains the same..go back to medium..disable motion blur.HBAO.etc and try running the Beta on one card rather than in crossfire...check ATI for updates..I'm sure they are working on them.

If your overclocking via the BIOS the settings I refer too are in the BIOS..I have no idea what mainboard you are using tho so results may vary..OCAU guys mostly use Gigabyte/Asus boards at least for the X58..I think the best O/C's have been acheived on those boards.

BTW BF3 is very CPU intensive..you will get better results from O/C'ing the CPU as it is a quad core and the game is optimised for quads as was BC2 than you will anything else e.g GPU/Ram.
cheers
when you say GPU, your refering to the graphic card? and yeah sorry you were right, the graphics are locked at medium, ultra high must be mind blowing.. but somone told me in this forum to over clock the GPU not the CPU...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Oct 2011   #14
Diabolical

Window 7 Home premium 64 bit
 
 
whaa?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Go to the amd site and download the latest profile it has crossfire info for bf3.
I'm running it on a single 5850 and it's clear and smooth as a bell.
I think part of the problem is the messed up way they make it launch from the browser...
whoah? what type of CPU do u have? if u can run it smoothly with a 5850 then shouldnt i be able to do the same with a 5970?!?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Oct 2011   #15
simmo

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by simmo View Post
Not sure why it's lagging more but the info I get is that it does apparently lag but no one knows why..the fact remains tho that the Beta is locked to medium settings by Dice/EA...There is little tweaking that can be done atm.
My advice remains the same..go back to medium..disable motion blur.HBAO.etc and try running the Beta on one card rather than in crossfire...check ATI for updates..I'm sure they are working on them.

If your overclocking via the BIOS the settings I refer too are in the BIOS..I have no idea what mainboard you are using tho so results may vary..OCAU guys mostly use Gigabyte/Asus boards at least for the X58..I think the best O/C's have been acheived on those boards.

BTW BF3 is very CPU intensive..you will get better results from O/C'ing the CPU as it is a quad core and the game is optimised for quads as was BC2 than you will anything else e.g GPU/Ram.
cheers
when you say GPU, your refering to the graphic card? and yeah sorry you were right, the graphics are locked at medium, ultra high must be mind blowing.. but somone told me in this forum to over clock the GPU not the CPU...
Well if I were you I'd O/C the CPU and leave the rest alone. If you haven't O/C a CPU before then get someone who knows to do it for you or start reading about it.
And yes GPU= Graphics..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Oct 2011   #16
Martin7R

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Beta version is buggy too
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Oct 2011   #17
simmo

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

I hear so..but I read something to say the Beta build is as the game was 3 months ago..so we can only hope a lot of the Beta bugs are gone..it's DICE tho and ummm E/A so
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Oct 2011   #18
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

To me the most annoying part of the beta is everything is stealth related everyone hiding in bushes waiting for someone to stand up to shoot them. I was hoping for a more assault and action related type of game play and it's not really what I've been seeing. Every time I rush for an objective I find myself all alone
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Oct 2011   #19
Diabolical

Window 7 Home premium 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
To me the most annoying part of the beta is everything is stealth related everyone hiding in bushes waiting for someone to stand up to shoot them. I was hoping for a more assault and action related type of game play and it's not really what I've been seeing. Every time I rush for an objective I find myself all alone
yeah, i hate fighting in really vast open up area becuase ull get shot out of no where, i like going underground in the train station.. but check this out guys.. i got scared today becuase when i started my pc the colors on my screeen was jacked up, it was all blue and green and yellow, so i intially though that i burned out my cpu from overclocking, but it was the signal cable.. so i set back to default, to my 2.67ghz processor and it ran the same way as when i overclocked it to 3.4ghz... can anyone explain this..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
10 Oct 2011   #20
simmo

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
To me the most annoying part of the beta is everything is stealth related everyone hiding in bushes waiting for someone to stand up to shoot them. I was hoping for a more assault and action related type of game play and it's not really what I've been seeing. Every time I rush for an objective I find myself all alone
yeah, i hate fighting in really vast open up area becuase ull get shot out of no where, i like going underground in the train station.. but check this out guys.. i got scared today becuase when i started my pc the colors on my screeen was jacked up, it was all blue and green and yellow, so i intially though that i burned out my cpu from overclocking, but it was the signal cable.. so i set back to default, to my 2.67ghz processor and it ran the same way as when i overclocked it to 3.4ghz... can anyone explain this..
Explain what?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Battlefield 3 Graphic Problems




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Graphic card problems
Hi everyone, I'm having problem playing game with my laptop. it was doing good past few days ago. I don't know whats the problem. See the pictures attached, is it graphic card problem or something else? When i started a game, few secs/mins after that, it shows a pink dots scattered around the...
Graphic Cards
BSOD playing battlefield 3 and other problems
hi im new to forums and im sorry but its kinda a long story so bear with me :P recently been having bsod whilst playing * battlefield 3* code 124 ive read the mini dump and got this; WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type...
BSOD Help and Support
Graphic problems with windows 7
Hi, i recently purchased a PC from ebay but it has a graphic problem the one stating hardware acceleration is not turned on or supported by graphic card. I checked the accelertion it is set to full and updated video card drivers and still have the issue where i am unable to play games etc Many...
Graphic Cards
Battlefield Bad Company 2 Graphic Problems
I can play this game fine but sometimes when i play i have grey boxes appear on the screen and flash and vertical lines etc etc, it dosen't affect gameplay or it dosen't freeze but it gets annoying. It mostly happens during single player, it didn't happen during the first mission Operation Aurora...
Graphic Cards
Graphic or driver problems
Hello, I'm having a problem that appeared one morning. I didn't install/remove anyting before, it just happened. The problem : I see graphics problems when i'm playing games, when i'm surfing on the web or even watching a movie. It can go from the windows task bar going all pink to a...
Graphic Cards
Battlefield 1943 Problems
Ive been having problems connecting to games since the day i downloaded it. I know there was sever issues the first two days but the ticker on the bottom say the issues are fixed. Its on and off but its getting on my nerves when i have search for game like 20 plus times just to get in. Are any of...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:06.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App