|09 Oct 2012||#11|
|My System Specs|
|15 Apr 2014||#12|
Fixed it a different way
Just to let you all know that all of the methods weren't working for me since it wasn't displaying for me as being as unrecognized device in the first place. If you are someone like me who already owns a PS3 console, you probably tried to plug the PS3 controller like I did and tried getting it to work with a program like MotionJoy. Know that although I had uninstalled MotionJoy, the driver hadn't uninstalled. So when I plugged in my XBOX wireless controller, it wrongly associated MotionJoy's driver to the controller instead of the Microsoft one. So what I did was go into the Device Manager and looked to see where my controller was. It was labeled as being a MotionJoy controller. So I right-clicked it and asked to Delete Driver. My XBOX controller was of course disconnected (the receiver unplugged, batteries out of the controller) and the program for the controller was already correctly installed (I hadn't uninstalled it). When I reinserted the batteries into the controller, then replugged the receiver, then pushed the button on the receiver and the XBOX button on the controller, the controller finally installed itself correctly without a hitch. Hope this helps anyone out there for whom the previous mentioned fixes aren't working and are not even showing the same.
So in short, here it is for those of you for whom the controller is NOT showing up as an "unrecognised device" but it is still not working:
- Make sure you have removed the batteries on your controller and unplugged the receiver. You can leave the XBOX program alone, don't need to uninstall.
- Go to Device Manager and look under each category until you find one where controller is part of the description listed.
- If it doesn't mention Microsoft and instead some other company or program, right-click and select "Delete Driver"
- Re-insert the batteries into the controller.
- Re-plug the receiver.
- Push the button on the receiver and then turn on the controller by holding the XBOX button until it lights up.
- Your controller will now be detected by your PC and should correctly install itself.
|My System Specs|
|Similar help and support threads for2: Cannot Sync Controller to Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver|
|XBOX 360 wireless receiver won't connect to controller with Windows 7||Drivers|
|Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows Won't Sync With The Receiver||Gaming|
Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:03 PM.