Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Battlefield 3 - DirectX error while playing

04 Nov 2011   #21
Martin7R

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

I dont really think that the card is too slow for the game because my friends have muchmuch older dx 10 cards(GTS cards) and they can play without oroblems..
Still getting the error:



My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
04 Nov 2011   #22
Martin7R

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by jamesandalexis View Post
what is the version number of the nvidia driver you are using?
285.62
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #23
James7679

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
On the other hand It may simply be that the game is a bit too demanding for the vidoe card. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SE 1GB Review. Also note the "Recommended" system requirements for Battlefield 3
A 1gb gddr5 gpu is fine. Not great, but not the cause either.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Nov 2011   #24
Martin7R

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Martin7R View Post
I dont really think that the card is too slow for the game because my friends have muchmuch older dx 10 cards(GTS cards) and they can play without oroblems..
Still getting the error:
any ideas ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #25
James7679

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Martin7R View Post
I dont really think that the card is too slow for the game because my friends have muchmuch older dx 10 cards(GTS cards) and they can play without oroblems..
Still getting the error:
First, do you get any other BSODs currently? Have you cleaned out your system with canned air(especially the GPU)? Have you ran memtes to make sure your memory is okay?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #26
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Martin7R View Post
I dont really think that the card is too slow for the game because my friends have muchmuch older dx 10 cards(GTS cards) and they can play without oroblems..
Still getting the error:
Out of curiousity what is your pagefile set at?

-pagefile.jpg

Just something to eliminate. Not even sure it has anything to do with the issue.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #27
Martin7R

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Page file is automatically set as 3325 for me.
Do you really think it is faulty card ? It's the first game with the issue.I have stress tested the system with prime95 and the computer is clean inside.
And I have not had any BSOD.

Or do I need a 64 bit win 7 for the game ? any ideas ?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #28
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

You don't but the "recommended" game requirements says you do... due to the 4gig memory requirement. However a 64-bit OS isn't necessary to play any game.

However..... to answer your question another way.... you do need a 64-bit OS seeing that you have 4gig of RAM + a 1gig video card. You're basically throwing at least 1.5gig of system memory away.

See this post - Game lagging and slow performance of pc.Suggestion about a gaming rig?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #29
Martin7R

Windows 7 ultimate 32bit
 
 

Just installed BETA drivers, playng, supersmooth , still crashing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Nov 2011   #30
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Hmmm..... didn't I suggest on page 1 to update drivers?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Martin7R View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Darkelk View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
- Update your Direct X files
- Update the video card drivers
- Update the soundcard drivers
- Make sure the game is patched
Follow these instructions then proceed to try the game out at a lower setting. If it works flawlessly for you, try another setting. If you have the same issue after updating all of your drivers, patching the game and updating to DX10/11, Post back here.
I have the latest DirectX version, the latest video and sound drivers and also checked for update BF3.
Sometimes it crashes after a long time of playing , sometimes after 10-15 minutes.

"The Screen freezes with looping audio - repeating the sound for 5-6 times and then silence and freeze..." and then I will have to force end the process Ctrl + Alt + Del.
I'm guessing beta drivers didn't count

BTW I know ATI had put out drivers to address BF3 issues so I assumed Nvidia did the same - NVIDIA DRIVERS 285.38 BETA

Edit: OK, now I see you say it's still crashing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Battlefield 3 - DirectX error while playing




Thread Tools






Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Can't install Battlefield 3, DirectX Setup error: An internal error oc
I am trying to install Battlefield 3 and I get a "DirectX Setup error: An internal error occurred." I tried using DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer and I get a second error "An internal system error occurred. Please refer to DXError.log and DirecX.log in your Windows folder to determine...
Gaming
Playing LoL getting unknown directX error.
I recently updated my graphics driver because I wanted to use an Android Emulator and after I updated to the most recent version (graphics driver is Intel HD 3000) League of Legends gives me this error after champion selection. I'm thinking it has to do with the screen resolution but now I can't...
Gaming
BSOD playing Battlefield 3, error 0x00000101
Hi there, A few days ago I started getting BSODS while playing Battlefield 3 with the following error: "A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval" - code:0x00000101 I would include a dump file, but as soon as I get the BSOD it keeps...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Battlefield 3, error 0x0000003b
Since some days I started getting BSOD's while playing Battefield 3. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 I have this rig about 6 months. Someone can help me and tell me what could possibly be the problem? Thank You.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD While Playing Battlefield 3 Error
Hello seven forums, I just purchased BF3 for PC today, and after installing I started a game and a few minutes into my game i ran into a BSOD error, which I have never had before on this computer considering that I just purchased it 3 months ago. I thought it was a one time thing, but after...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD playing Battlefield 3 Error 1e
Hello seven forums I was playing battlefield 3 the other day and i got a BSOD this has been reoccurring and has happened at least twice playing games (GTA IV, BF3) . I am running a Windows 7 professional on a custom PC with the full Retail version The computer and OS are about 7 to 8 months old...
BSOD Help and Support


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:41.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App