Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Games Are You Playing? [2]

13 Feb 2013   #1461
MPN

Windows 7 Home x64
 
 

Playing World of Tanks
League of Legends
Path of Exile ( its open beta now for those who dont know)
Counter Strike Source


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Feb 2013   #1462
shinigami8671

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

okay,so cleared up a bit,sold a few games and bought Dead space 3,so far its very good,not very....scary(?) tho,was on the edge of my seat entire time while playing DS2,haven't had the pleasure of playing DS1. And surprisingly,its not heavy..at all! I play on 1280x1024 res and getting constant 30fps with everything as high as possible and only 30% or less GPU usage.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2013   #1463
Contrabardus

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shinigami8671 View Post
okay,so cleared up a bit,sold a few games and bought Dead space 3,so far its very good,not very....scary(?) tho,was on the edge of my seat entire time while playing DS2,haven't had the pleasure of playing DS1. And surprisingly,its not heavy..at all! I play on 1280x1024 res and getting constant 30fps with everything as high as possible and only 30% or less GPU usage.
DS 1 is the scariest of the trillogy. DS 2 is 'Aliens' to DS 1's 'Alien'. The pace of the first game is much slower and more tense than DS 2.

DS 2 is more action heavy, but DS 1 is a better horror game. It has that sense of dread and waiting for things to jump out of every dark corner at you. DS 1 is the game Doom 3 wished it was.

DS 2 doesn't reach the same level of horror. It's a horror game to be sure, but it's paced much faster and throws more at you at once. Fighting off hoards in open spaces rather than dealing with something trying to rip your face off in a narrow hallway with no room to back away.

It's totally worth picking up a copy if you're into horror games. DS 1 is one of the greatest horror games of all time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Feb 2013   #1464
Shamone

Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium
 
 

Divinity 11 Flames Of Vengeance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2013   #1465
Trucidation

 

Been putting time into Sins Of A Solar Empire: Rebellion lately. Rebellion is the most recent addition to the SoaSE game btw, it includes all the previous expansions. It's a fairly briskly-paced 4X game, but is quite simple enough for complete beginners to try their hand at (put an allied AI or two on your team when first starting out).

-soase-r_june_3.jpg -soase-t_march_2011_1.jpg -soase-t_gamma_1680_4.jpg

Admittedly it's pretty heavy on "eXterminate" rather than the other 3 Xs (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit). The random galaxy generator is very good and makes up for the lack of a scripted campaign, and the AIs at higher levels are quite capable of giving you a challenge. Pretty sweet for LAN games too.

Got my eyes on one of the larger mods being developed for the game (Distant Stars), and the community is pretty active.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2013   #1466
Contrabardus

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Just got Crysis 1, 2, and preordered 3.

Battlefield 3.

Medal of Honor Warfighter.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Dead Space 3.

Pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite

Pre-ordered Tomb Raider. [The reboot does look promising. Has a kind of Farcry vibe to it this time.]

Got Antichamber, and it's even more evil than Portal.

Dishonored

Max Payne 3

And Pre-ordered Brutal Legend for the PC. Played it on the Xbox when it first came out. Wasn't that great of a game really, but the soundtrack alone makes it worth the purchase at the price it's going for on Steam right now. Also, PC controls should vastly improve the RTS elements, which was the game's weakest point on consoles.

Needless to say, I won't be buying any more games for quite a while. All this, plus what I'm already playing will keep me busy for the rest of the year at least.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2013   #1467
shinigami8671

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
Just got Crysis 1, 2, and preordered 3.

Battlefield 3.

Medal of Honor Warfighter.

Aliens: Colonial Marines

Dead Space 3.

Pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite

Pre-ordered Tomb Raider. [The reboot does look promising. Has a kind of Farcry vibe to it this time.]

Got Antichamber, and it's even more evil than Portal.

Dishonored

Max Payne 3

And Pre-ordered Brutal Legend for the PC. Played it on the Xbox when it first came out. Wasn't that great of a game really, but the soundtrack alone makes it worth the purchase at the price it's going for on Steam right now. Also, PC controls should vastly improve the RTS elements, which was the game's weakest point on consoles.

Needless to say, I won't be buying any more games for quite a while. All this, plus what I'm already playing will keep me busy for the rest of the year at least.
Did you check reviews of these games? Aliens: Colonial Marines sucks,my friend bought it and i tried it a bit on his PC,not worth the money,you would have been better off with a game like borderlands 2,much more content and fun too. And buy premium edition of BF3,normal is useless.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2013   #1468
BlackSparrow

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
 
 

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2013   #1469
Contrabardus

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shinigami8671 View Post
Did you check reviews of these games? Aliens: Colonial Marines sucks,my friend bought it and i tried it a bit on his PC,not worth the money,you would have been better off with a game like borderlands 2,much more content and fun too. And buy premium edition of BF3,normal is useless.
I've got Borderlands 2 and all it's DLC already.

A:CM is moddable. There are already texture, lighting mods, and various fixes out for the game. [I've already modded it.] It will get fixed until its at least good and possibly even become awesome. I like the first couple of Aliens movies, most of the reviewers said 'the game is fun, but flawed, and has a lot of fan service. Aliens fans will like it more than other people'. Which I'm fine with.

I got BF 3 for 12.00 and MoH:WF for 19.00. I can upgrade to premium later for less money than it would have cost me to buy it that way to begin with, and I probably won't play it for a while anyway.

Plus, Crysis, Crysis 2 + Warhead, and Crysis 3 Deluxe and Hunter for 70.00.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
15 Feb 2013   #1470
shinigami8671

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shinigami8671 View Post
Did you check reviews of these games? Aliens: Colonial Marines sucks,my friend bought it and i tried it a bit on his PC,not worth the money,you would have been better off with a game like borderlands 2,much more content and fun too. And buy premium edition of BF3,normal is useless.
I've got Borderlands 2 and all it's DLC already.

A:CM is moddable. There are already texture, lighting mods, and various fixes out for the game. [I've already modded it.] It will get fixed until its at least good and possibly even become awesome. I like the first couple of Aliens movies, most of the reviewers said 'the game is fun, but flawed, and has a lot of fan service. Aliens fans will like it more than other people'. Which I'm fine with.

I got BF 3 for 12.00 and MoH:WF for 19.00. I can upgrade to premium later for less money than it would have cost me to buy it that way to begin with, and I probably won't play it for a while anyway.

Plus, Crysis, Crysis 2 + Warhead, and Crysis 3 Deluxe and Hunter for 70.00.
well since you put it that way,but still IMO there are better games.And im a huge aliens fan also,anything scifi will do for me actually. Its just not that interesting for me.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What Games Are You Playing? [2]




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD playing some games/recently playing FIFA World
The title speaks for itself, i have dump files listed below, and i would really like to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD When playing games and playing flash player.
Hello guys. So here is my issue i dont really know how to specific it further then this still hope it will help. I have been getting BSOD for a while now and it's getting to the point i cant do a single thing on the computer. I did the config for dumps and so on and ended up with this RAR file...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games
Hello all, I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD downloading games/playing games/using internet 0x00000007F
I just updated and rebuilt my PC and have reinstalled Win 7 64 bit and am constantly getting a BSOD while using the PC. Specifically while downloading/installing/playing games. I have also had the error occur just while surfing the internet. From the program Blue Screen Viewer it seems to...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD randomly after playing games or playing movies )
Hi Guys, I have issues with my desktop. I randomly get the bsod (kernel data inpage error). I thought it started after I installes the new ATI drivers. So I tried older drivers but without any result. After that I thought it was an issues with Win 7 64bit. So I installed 32bit. But still I get...
BSOD Help and Support
BSOD Playing various games, closing games, no overheating.
Hello, first time poster looking for help as I can't diagnose my issue after trying numerous things. Currently when I play a game the BSOD happens randomly, I can go a whole day without it, or it can happen frequently. It happens the most when I close or exit a game, then it'll kick to a blue...
BSOD Help and Support

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:47.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App