Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Games Are You Playing? [2]

25 Sep 2013   #1951

 
 

Pulled my finger out and finished Crysis 3. It really is a good looking game and it's certainly not bad - but I can't say I enjoyed it. I think it was due to essentially doing the same firefight over and over (both Cell and Ceph) and they weren't really all that engaging. All the way through I felt I should be enjoying it more, but for whatever reasons I simply didn't

I caved and ended up buying GTA V. Enjoying it so far but going back to 360 graphics is taking a bit to get used to. So fuzzy... but it does look 'good' despite it's limitations. (And if you squint just right )
And while there a lot of welcome improvements and re-additions from San Andreas, the larger map is a bit of let down. As nicely detailed as the mountain areas are, there doesn't seem to be all that much to do outside of missions. It's lucky I like driving aimlessly.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

25 Sep 2013   #1952

Windows 7 Home premium
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by smarteyeball View Post
Pulled my finger out and finished Crysis 3. It really is a good looking game and it's certainly not bad - but I can't say I enjoyed it. I think it was due to essentially doing the same firefight over and over (both Cell and Ceph) and they weren't really all that engaging. All the way through I felt I should be enjoying it more, but for whatever reasons I simply didn't

I caved and ended up buying GTA V. Enjoying it so far but going back to 360 graphics is taking a bit to get used to. So fuzzy... but it does look 'good' despite it's limitations. (And if you squint just right )
And while there a lot of welcome improvements and re-additions from San Andreas, the larger map is a bit of let down. As nicely detailed as the mountain areas are, there doesn't seem to be all that much to do outside of missions. It's lucky I like driving aimlessly.
There's a hell of a lot to do actually, you just don't know where to look yet. A lot of the 'strangers and freaks' missions teach you about the other activities. There are a few that you'll come across as you play as well. It's pretty amazing once you start to realize just how much there is to do and how different the mission structure is. There is very little 'go here, shoot this guy, escape' missions.

Trevor's missions in particular are stand out and epic crazy. Unfortunately, it takes quite a while for you to get access to him.

I think the issue is that you're playing it like you did GTA IV. It will teach you to not do that as you play and discover more.

GTA V is a vast improvement over GTA IV on several levels.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
25 Sep 2013   #1953

Windows 8 64bit Professional
 
 

I mostly play;

EVE Online
Heroes of Newerth (HoN)
Counter-Strike Global Offensive
DotA 2

Character Names / Gamer Tags
EVE Online - DreadStarX / BinaryData / Chray00
Steam - BinaryData
DotA 2 - BinaryData
HoN - BinaryData

The nickname "BinaryData" was given to me awhile ago. I was given it by my IT personal from High School. I was their lackey for fixing problems.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


27 Sep 2013   #1954

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Metro Last Light

Amazing Game! Amazing Graphics!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2013   #1955

W7 Pro x64 SP1 / W8.1 Pro x64
 
 

Yet another I've got to start. I suppose I should do 2033 first though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2013   #1956

 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Contrabardus View Post

There's a hell of a lot to do actually,
Now I've unlocked more, I agree it's not as empty as I first thought.

Quote:
Trevor's missions in particular are stand out and epic crazy.
That they are. He's also the perfect character to use to indulge in mass anti-social activities.



Quote:
GTA V is a vast improvement over GTA IV on several levels.
Never said it wasn't - but the improvements aren't all that apparent until you progress further. The multiple character approach was an absolutely brilliant idea for one. While it's not entirely original, the implementation is stellar.


Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
Yet another I've got to start. I suppose I should do 2033 first though.
Playing 2033 first is a good idea. From a a performance/gameplay perspective, Last Light is superior to 2033. But if you play Last Light first - going back to 2033 would feel like a backward step and would be a de-incintive to keep playing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2013   #1957

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

How you doing Patrick? Hope everything is well with you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #1958

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

GTA: V is by far the best GTA game, the characters are so funny; especially Trevor, almost everything he does and says just makes me want to laugh.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Sep 2013   #1959

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Just got stuck on a boss stage on mk9 man I need to fully learn how to play radien since i have to fight multiple ppl and with only 1 health bar :| . This game is hard man though I think i'm really close to the end of the campaign mode thus why its geting tough like that.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Sep 2013   #1960

Windows 8 64 bit PRO
 
 

I purchased total war rome 2. I really REALLY hope it's a great game because I just realized that Beyond 2 Souls is coming out within weeks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What Games Are You Playing? [2]




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33