Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What Games Are You Playing? [2]


11 Nov 2011   #1

ultimate 64 sp1
 
 
What Games Are You Playing? [2]

Note   Note




i'm playing to the moon - an unusual and charming little retro indie adventure/rpg.

it's.....odd, yet compelling.

try out the demo if you fancy something different.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

11 Nov 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1
 
 

Currently:

Race Driver: GRID
Assassins Creed
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Burnout Paradise
Unreal Tournament 3
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Tom Clancy's: HAWX
Resident Evil 5
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2011   #3

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Starting today for atleast the next 4 weeks: Skyrim on PC

After that likely Saints Row 3 on xbox
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


11 Nov 2011   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by NeroDevil View Post
Currently:

Race Driver: GRID
Assassins Creed
Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare
Burnout Paradise
Unreal Tournament 3
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Tom Clancy's: HAWX
Resident Evil 5
wow, most of those (bold) are what I've been playing recently
along with Rainbow Six Vegas 2, NFS Hot Pursuit and randomly dipping into GTA4: EFLC once in a while
hopefully I'll manage to buy LA Noire for PC tomorrow , haven't played it on the PS3 in ages...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
11 Nov 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by panais View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gornot View Post
Bioshock 3 is gonna suck at gameplay, despite the amazing visuals we saw in the trailer(s)

Diablo 3 ain't gonna be released until next year, so that's kinda far away.
My cash will go out for Skyrim and Saints Row the Third
Why you say that for Bioshock 3?

I hope your wrong though,is on my top 5 list.
From what I've been able to see so far, it's far from the experience of the first installment.


But anyway, I thought I'd just give a heads up for anyone actually wanting to buy MW3 (lol) and enjoy something more than the feeling of having "the newest awesome epic awesome Multiplayer awesome FPS of all awesome time" awesome kinda purchase...

People who know me from SF know I've been a fan of the Call of Duty and Medal of Honor franchises my entire life. MOH (2010) will be exluded this time, as I've already shared thoughts on it, but MW3 is something that, of course, has to be mentioned, because... well, someone has to trash it on this forum too, right?

MW3 doesn't really bring anything new to the franchise that took a colossal plunge a few years back with the first MW (actually, the plunge happened when players were stripped of COD3 because of Trayarch's idiotic policy and the fact that the game never got released on the PC, even after COD 2 was praised as THE best WW2-based FPS of all time back then (I was so happy to see a trailer where you finally get to plunge a knife into someone's throat or throw back a grenade when falling right next to you, you know? Too bad, PC gamers, you suck, said Trayarch). Why? Who the hell knows, point is I never bought a Trayarch COD game and never will because of this "betrayal". As an old-school fanboy used-to-be-fanboy, I actually did take it as betrayal. But I'm getting off topic here; since Trayarch and Infinity Ward (or whatever's left of the old crew) never worked together (and I hope they never will), I'll focus on MW right now.

To cut the old story short(er), Infinity Ward's change in approach from the, then traditional WW2 setting, to something more present and realistic, was hyped as hell. Even I was excited despite the fact I won't be busting anymore Nazis in COD. I still remember seeing one of the trailers for the first MW and just dancing with joy at how awesome it looked, felt, sounded... everything! And then I played it. I was juuust starting to really get into it, when the credits hit... What???!!! 5 hours? You kidding me? Wow.
Anyway, fast forward to MW2, I felt like watching a cheesy soap. Cheese cheese cheese cheese cheese... cheese everywhere. The level of melodrama was so high I kept rolling my eyes, begging for the game to be over already. And it was, 5 hours in... again.

Few years later, MW3... Oh, for the love of all the gods. Same recycled engine for the Nth time, same setting, look, feel, sound, ambiance, recycled maps (or at least parts of it that look very very similar to the old MW maps), same scenes (and we're underwater again, and we're in this room with tons of monitors and computers [TV station?] again that looks very similar to the one from MW1, and we're "driving" in choppers again, and we're sliding down waterfalls, buildings, planes, choppers... whatever, same cinematic effects for about hundred times, over and over and over and over again)... so many CRAP! And all shoved into 4h30min. 4... hours... and 30... minutes. Nothing changed. Not the gameplay (that loose gameplay that I used to like so much about COD, when I instantly felt like any other FPS feels so stiff), not the story... the same old gray storyline of idiocy, nothing. Actually, the plot twist around Yuri, Price and Soap (and Soap actually dying) is one of the highlights in this dark, dark tunnel of cheese and crap... The only difference is that this time, MW3 presents a development in towns that someone actually heard of (like London, Paris and Berlin) but this was all presented very poorly and inaccurately; so despite the most famous and obvious sights, there's absolutely nothing else that would actually convince you you're in a big European town. There's not much more trash I can prescribe to MW because it has all been said before.

However, there is a slight difference I felt while I played the game briefly (briefly because 4 hours is like an introductory quest+tutorial for a ____ (insert GOOD RPG here)). Of all the MW games (and even Trayarch's games) in this franchise, MW3 is the only one that got my attention when I stopped and looked around at the complete and utter chaos I, as a played character, was shoved into. When all the BS dies down (but only for a moment), the dramatic music (which is actually the only really GOOD thing about this game - the soundtrack!) settles (again, of course, only for a moment) I couldn't help but feel helpless, ducking behind cover and looking around to see any squadmates. I have literally never done this before in COD (even the earliest games). That feeling was always reserved for MOH games (especially MOH 2010) where the bond between a player and his character(s), as well as the bond between the game's characters (as a squad) is extremely powerful and leaves a very satisfying, very REAL feeling in the player's mind. This is the only thing I (barely audibly, though) applaud IW and Sledgehammer games for (wanna bet this was the result of their work and not IW? I dare you!). Those tiny, miniscule moments of panic and helplessness is something I always loved in MOH, and now COD kind of got there too, but constantly shifting between characters, settings, missions, storylines makes it so extremely hard to enjoy, at the end I got even more mad at MW3 than all other crap COD games COMBINED!

On a scale of 1 to 10, if there was such a rating as -6, that's what MW3 would be worth, at least to me (and anyone who actually realises that MW is nothing new or original or fun). It's sad that the gaming industry plunged and fell so low to satisfy the minds of the mindless, while not reasoning with the reasonable. You get the point.

... So anyway, Black Ops 2 anyone?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #6

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Heres how you become a successful thief in Skyrim.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fseal View Post
Starting today for atleast the next 4 weeks: Skyrim on PC

After that likely Saints Row 3 on xbox
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Heres how you become a successful thief in Skyrim.

I need opinions about Skyrim.

I may order it for €30.17
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #8

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Did you like Oblivion? Or even the gameplay of Fallout games even, to an extent?
If so you'll like it.
If you really like Oblivion, youll love it.

Huge open world, where you can devolop you character how you choose .. and do prettty much what you want.
Some love these type of games, others find them boring.


I love it myself, and think it was certainly a worthwhile purchase.
However, as many may know, the Oblivion & Fallout games are some of my favorite of all time, so I may be somewhat biased. Just my prefered type of games


I have found a few bugs, but nothing major and not game breaking.
Which is to be expected I suppose.

Beyond that, the game actually runs pretty well. Its is rather CPU heavy though, and will not only take advantage of a Quad core CPU, but likely run better on one as well.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Did you like Oblivion? Or even the gameplay of Fallout games even, to an extent?
If so you'll like it.
If you really like Oblivion, youll love it.

Huge open world, where you can devolop you character how you choose .. and do prettty much what you want.
Some love these type of games, others find them boring.


I love it myself, and think it was certainly a worthwhile purchase.
However, as many may know, the Oblivion & Fallout games are some of my favorite of all time, so I may be somewhat biased. Just my prefered type of games


I have found a few bugs, but nothing major and not game breaking.
Which is to be expected I suppose.

Beyond that, the game actually runs pretty well. Its is rather CPU heavy though, and will not only take advantage of a Quad core CPU, but likely run better on one as well.
Thanks for the info

I may check for demo first.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
12 Nov 2011   #10

 

I've just started playing ogame again - it helps pass the time between slapping spammers
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Closed Thread

 What Games Are You Playing? [2]




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33