Been hooked on this game for a week now. It's rare these days that a game so completely captures my imagination and reminds me of the books I used to read as a kid to escape life.. before PC's.
I'm currently at level 27, grinding my way through every side quest and random cave I can find without actually taking a side in the civil war or advancing the main story line too far.
I've also explored the Nexus mods that are freely available... if you're really into this game, there's a couple mods worth checking out. All of these mods are available through the Nexus website.
1) Vurts Foliage Mods: These mods greatly increase the quality of the trees. Good stuff when you're tromping about Skyrim, looking for the next " Oh wow... " moment. (Most likely requires an enthusiast gaming PC)
2) FXAA post process injector: Does wonderful things for the overall look of Skyrim by increasing the saturation, bloom and other graphical effects in-game. You can tweek your settings by editing the .ini file that is installed on your Skyrim directory. (Most likely requires an enthusiast gaming PC)
3) Detailed Faces, Bodies and eyes : Basic graphic enhancements that improve the look of the NPC's you deal with.
4) Nude Females : Yes.. this is an adult mod.
It only changes what is underneath female NPC armor.. should you decide to remove it once they are dead.... ( Protip: Holding down "E" over an object allows you to move it )
5) Large Address RAM Mod : Removes the RAM cap on any .exe. This lets you allow the Skyrim.exe to use as much RAM as it needs. Only recommended for those with high RAM systems.
There are new mods every day, some great... some not so great. All in all, the texture and graphical mods are worth looking into. They are extremely easy to install (Copy and Paste into the right location in the Skyrim directory)