Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Discuss Skyrim

22 Dec 2011   #501
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
any interaction with esburn and he doesn't initiate the correct line and start the quest/continue with the quest (which was quite gutting considering he is required to proceed with the dragon quests), i cannot do any missions for the thieves guild as brynjolf won't talk to me, whenever i try to talk to him, he says "hmm" and walks off, a random quest came up after i picked up an artefact saying speak to the jarl of whiterun, but it was mid quest doing the battle for whiterun, and now the right dialogue won't show up for that quest.
May be hard to do but I suggest replaying any quests you suspect broken immediately. Also if you think a quest is broken check the Wiki page - Skyrim:Skyrim - UESPWiki as some quests require a few other things or tasks to happen, or happen in a certain order before completing.

That said, I will say the Thieves Guild has a few requirements before being fully complete, including some minor side quests from a couple of members.

Anyway one of the bad things about open world games is that you can lose track of tasks and may wind up doing something else, thus breaking a task that needed to be done before doing something else.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Dec 2011   #502
MrNeeds

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
any interaction with esburn and he doesn't initiate the correct line and start the quest/continue with the quest (which was quite gutting considering he is required to proceed with the dragon quests), i cannot do any missions for the thieves guild as brynjolf won't talk to me, whenever i try to talk to him, he says "hmm" and walks off, a random quest came up after i picked up an artefact saying speak to the jarl of whiterun, but it was mid quest doing the battle for whiterun, and now the right dialogue won't show up for that quest.
May be hard to do but I suggest replaying any quests you suspect broken immediately. Also if you think a quest is broken check the Wiki page - Skyrim:Skyrim - UESPWiki as some quests require a few other things or tasks to happen, or happen in a certain order before completing.

That said, I will say the Thieves Guild has a few requirements before being fully complete, including some minor side quests from a couple of members.

Anyway one of the bad things about open world games is that you can lose track of tasks and may wind up doing something else, thus breaking a task that needed to be done before doing something else.

My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2011   #503
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Have you done all these quest for the guild - Skyrim:Thieves Guild (faction) - UESPWiki

Also be aware that you have to do at least four jobs for the guild to become guildmaster - Skyrim:Under New Management - UESPWiki - I'm currently trying to become guildmaster myself so I'm working on the 4 jobs now.

Once that's done it's supposed to trigger another event which should allow you to re-engage Brynoff.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

22 Dec 2011   #504
FredeGail

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate: x64 (SP1)
 
 

Did you guys try the new specific BETA driver for Skyrim?

Articles: NVIDIA GeForce 290.53 Beta Drivers Released - GeForce

I'd like to hear how it runs!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2011   #505
fseal

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

Hmm I'll have to try those out. I'm using the beta 36 and like the ambient occlusion but yeah it does cause an increase in chimmering that AA doesn't remove.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Dec 2011   #506
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 
Spoiler alert

Spoiler Alert!

Thieves Guild - Can't speak to Brynjolf isn't broken if you didn't....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Also be aware that you have to do at least four jobs for the guild to become guildmaster - Skyrim:Under New Management - UESPWiki - I'm currently trying to become guildmaster myself so I'm working on the 4 jobs now.
As I'm currently doing this quest I've found that the 4 jobs are actually 4 special jobs, one in each hold - Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm, and Solitude.

In order to get a special job you must do 5 smaller jobs in that hold. Once you complete the 5 smaller ones you'll be told there's a special job that needs done. Once the special job is done, you now have the support of that hold. This is all part of the "restoring the Thieves' Guild to its former glory" quest line.

Now once you've done this for all 4 holds, you will get the Taking Care of Business quest completed notification and the Under New Management Quest begins (Talking to Brynjolf)

So if you've not done all 24 jobs! - 5 small jobs and a special one for each hold, than don't expect Brynjolf to speak to you

Spoiler alert
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #507
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Some insight into Skyrim's game engine - Maximum PC | Gamers, Start Your Engines! 6 Top Gaming Engines Face Off - Page 3

BTW Brink posted a nice game engine article here - Gamers, Start Your Engines! 6 Top Gaming Engines Face Off. His news info is where I got the Skyrim piece from.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #508
MrNeeds

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Spoiler Alert!

Thieves Guild - Can't speak to Brynjolf isn't broken if you didn't....

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Also be aware that you have to do at least four jobs for the guild to become guildmaster - Skyrim:Under New Management - UESPWiki - I'm currently trying to become guildmaster myself so I'm working on the 4 jobs now.
As I'm currently doing this quest I've found that the 4 jobs are actually 4 special jobs, one in each hold - Whiterun, Markarth, Windhelm, and Solitude.

In order to get a special job you must do 5 smaller jobs in that hold. Once you complete the 5 smaller ones you'll be told there's a special job that needs done. Once the special job is done, you now have the support of that hold. This is all part of the "restoring the Thieves' Guild to its former glory" quest line.

Now once you've done this for all 4 holds, you will get the Taking Care of Business quest completed notification and the Under New Management Quest begins (Talking to Brynjolf)

So if you've not done all 24 jobs! - 5 small jobs and a special one for each hold, than don't expect Brynjolf to speak to you

Spoiler alert
I'm the thane of whiterun, markarth, solitude and windhelm, i'm also the thane of winterhold.
Discuss Skyrim-tesv-2011-12-23-13-00-56-16.jpg
Discuss Skyrim-tesv-2011-12-23-13-01-06-30.jpg


My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #509
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by MrNeeds View Post
I'm the thane of whiterun, markarth, solitude and windhelm, i'm also the thane of winterhold.
So. What does that have to do with the Thieves guild? It doesn't say they want thanes, they want the support of the hold. I didn't make the rules, the developers did - Thieves Guild (Skyrim)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
23 Dec 2011   #510
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 
New Mod - Skyrim Optimization Mod

Skyrim Optimization Mod....

Quote:
A new mod just came out, giving up to 40% performance increase on CPU-dependent situations, like in big cities like infamous Markath and Whiterun.
People who previously had around 20-25 FPS now get closer to 30-37 FPS. In villages like Riverwood, the FPS is a lot higher as well.

This mod does this by "rewriting some x87 FPU code and inlining a whole ton of useless getter functions along the critical paths because the developers at Bethesda, for some reason, compiled the game without using any of the optimization flags for release build."

"Part of the acceleration is changing un-optimized FPU code from basic x87 instructions (mid 1990s) to SSE (1999), which was introduced with the Pentium III, and which modern compilers generally optimize for you unless you specifically tell them not to."
Source/Discussion - How can Skyrim be so unoptimized? Modders do better job than Bethesda - Bethesda Softworks Forums

Download/Discussion - [REL] TESV Acceleration Layer - Bethesda Softworks Forums - click the link inside "ianpatt" post

I've not tried the mod as I typically don't play with mods on first playthrough of games. That's me. That said I may give this a try once I see how it takes off.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Discuss Skyrim




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Discuss: Saints Row 4
How come there haven't been (m)any discuss threads over here since I stopped coming a while back? I always love ranting about video games and the evil game publishing empire of EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Rockstar etc. So come join me in a rant about Saints Row 4! Though basically all I have to...
Gaming
Discuss Dragon Age 2
So I got my copy of Dragon Age 2 on Tuesday. I've got about 12 hours (usually play a few hours a day) in thus far so here's some info. First off - you can not judge this game by the demo. The demo was limited snippet of the game and did not showcase the graphics.... even without the texture...
Gaming
Discuss: Bulletstorm
So what do you people think of this game, those who have played it. I finished it, I can't say I love it, it was "iffy" to say at best. Not a great game. The whole process of "kill with skill" didn't really turn out to be as awesome as it sounded for me.
Gaming
Let's discuss UAC here
Space for UAC discussions.
System Security
Discuss
They should totally make a movie that stitches together a bunch of lolcat pictures. Storyline: Suspicious Cat was hired by Professor LOLrus to recover the stolen B.U.K.K.E.T., the device which creates cheezeburgers, critical to the existence of society. Upon inspecting the crime scene suspicious...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App