Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Discuss Skyrim

28 Dec 2011   #561
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fseal View Post
That's about there, my biggest problem area is markarth understone keep. though there are a couple of other places I can;t go now as well. Supposedly gets worse the longer you go on.

I'm hoping that once the construction set is released that someone can built a garbage cleaner for the save files since they use the same format as the game database. (There are MANY examples but one such type of bloating garbage is that enemy dropped weapons /never/ clean up. Also Ash piles never cleanup. Nirnroot glows multiply on every cell load and never clean up etc...)

I'm betting that'll probably happen before an official patch that fixes the garbage collection "in world".
some people on the steam forums report having 300+ hours and large save files, and they haven't experienced anything. where did you read that enemy weapons don't ''clean up''?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
29 Dec 2011   #562
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

I geuss i just got lucky, cause saves at 19mb still work great, and no errors, but strangely i did get a ctd now and again when i tried entering windhelm, but that stoped, don't know why or for what reason.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #563
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alsisgevat View Post
cause saves at 19mb still work great.
What level are you, and how long have you been playing?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

29 Dec 2011   #564
fseal

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

And have you /tried/ to get into understone keep lately?

Mainly I've been reading the bethsoft forums.

The game is still playable overall, in fact if you didn;t try to get into one of the problem areas you wouldn't notice it at all. I did a 90 minute daedric quest last night. There are just certain places that you can never get back into and in my case one of these places stops the theives guild quest line dead.

Actual hours of game play don't have anything to do with it really it's the save game size. Some people get the problem starting around 18 meg like I did and others it doesn't start till over 20...
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #565
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

@ Sygnus lvl 50, and around 200 hours. finished game so i stopped playing.

@ fseal , maybe it will start for me at 20mb...? but i restarted a new character, so i dont play on that save any more.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #566
BugMeister

Windows10 Pro - 64Bit vs.10547
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alsisgevat View Post
cause saves at 19mb still work great.
What level are you, and how long have you been playing?
found this at Tweakguides:
Difficulty: There are five difficulty levels in Skyrim. In order from lowest to highest, these are: Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Expert, and Master. The higher the level of difficulty, the harder combat will be in terms of enemies requiring greater damage to kill. However, unlike Oblivion, enemies in the Skyrim game world will not automatically scale to match your current level; you will frequently encounter much weaker and much more powerful enemies as you play. Furthermore, the difficulty setting can be changed at any time and will come into effect immediately, so adjust as required.

I don't know, but starting at the highest level might be a different experience..

I'm on easy mode!!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #567
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Alsisgevat View Post
cause saves at 19mb still work great.
What level are you, and how long have you been playing?
found this at Tweakguides:
Difficulty: There are five difficulty levels in Skyrim. In order from lowest to highest, these are: Novice, Apprentice, Adept, Expert, and Master. The higher the level of difficulty, the harder combat will be in terms of enemies requiring greater damage to kill. However, unlike Oblivion, enemies in the Skyrim game world will not automatically scale to match your current level; you will frequently encounter much weaker and much more powerful enemies as you play. Furthermore, the difficulty setting can be changed at any time and will come into effect immediately, so adjust as required.

I don't know, but starting at the highest level might be a different experience..

I'm on easy mode!!
Think I started on Expert. I couldn't get past the first dragon outside Whiterun, lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #568
Alsisgevat

64bit Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Started on Expert and finished on expert.......but died 1000's of times lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #569
fseal

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
 
 

I played through on Adept. Sometimes it was too easy and sometimes it was too hard as I and the enemy types levelled slightly differently.

I have a somewhat short fuse with dying. If I can't get through something on say 3-4 tries, it gets frustrating. Especially given the amount there is to do in world. No time for endless dying! I like to be able to dominate mostly but be challenged now and then to come up with new and sneaky ways of doing things to prevent dying.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
29 Dec 2011   #570
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by fseal View Post
I played through on Adept. Sometimes it was too easy and sometimes it was too hard as I and the enemy types levelled slightly differently.

I have a somewhat short fuse with dying. If I can't get through something on say 3-4 tries, it gets frustrating. Especially given the amount there is to do in world. No time for endless dying! I like to be able to dominate mostly but be challenged now and then to come up with new and sneaky ways of doing things to prevent dying.
3-4 times? lol. its called quick saving. press f5, after you've done a significant portion of the quest your on.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Discuss Skyrim




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Discuss: Saints Row 4
How come there haven't been (m)any discuss threads over here since I stopped coming a while back? I always love ranting about video games and the evil game publishing empire of EA/Activision/Ubisoft/Rockstar etc. So come join me in a rant about Saints Row 4! Though basically all I have to...
Gaming
Discuss Dragon Age 2
So I got my copy of Dragon Age 2 on Tuesday. I've got about 12 hours (usually play a few hours a day) in thus far so here's some info. First off - you can not judge this game by the demo. The demo was limited snippet of the game and did not showcase the graphics.... even without the texture...
Gaming
Discuss: Bulletstorm
So what do you people think of this game, those who have played it. I finished it, I can't say I love it, it was "iffy" to say at best. Not a great game. The whole process of "kill with skill" didn't really turn out to be as awesome as it sounded for me.
Gaming
Let's discuss UAC here
Space for UAC discussions.
System Security
Discuss
They should totally make a movie that stitches together a bunch of lolcat pictures. Storyline: Suspicious Cat was hired by Professor LOLrus to recover the stolen B.U.K.K.E.T., the device which creates cheezeburgers, critical to the existence of society. Upon inspecting the crime scene suspicious...
Chillout Room


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App