Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Battlefield 3 with Nvidia GT540m -Notebook

06 Dec 2011   #1

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 
Battlefield 3 with Nvidia GT540m -Notebook

Hey guys,
I have an i5 2410M with 6GB Ram and Nvidia GT540m 2GB graphics card and Directx11.
The website shows that my card is below recommended but I want to know what resolution will I be able to play without lagging ?
Thanks


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

06 Dec 2011   #2

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Kind of a loaded question. What graphics level you find acceptable, low, medium, high, or ultra? What resolution does your monitor support?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Dec 2011   #3

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by pparks1 View Post
Kind of a loaded question. What graphics level you find acceptable, low, medium, high, or ultra? What resolution does your monitor support?
Well my notebook has 2 graphics card intel HD and the nvidia, it switch to nvidia while gaming only (to save battery life) when i check the resolution it shows 1366 x 768 when i press advance settings it shows the intel graphics card. So i don't know if it is for both or the nvidia is higher.. ? (kinda new to this stuff newbie).
And about the level i find acceptable; that's part of my question like which of those will my notebook run battlefield 3 ?
Thanks..
EDIT : This site shows that the MAX screen res is 2560x1600
http://www.game-debate.com/hardware/...ce%20GT%20540M
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


07 Dec 2011   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, & Mac OS X 10.9.2
 
 

That's the max resolution the GPU supports, not your screens native resolution.

Your screen will run at the same res on either GPU, as it would refresh and look different after the change.

If you have a supported gpu just buy the game and trial and error. Start with low settings on native res and play, run fraps and see what you get in terms of fps, if its high, try medium ect..

My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2011   #5

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by badger906 View Post
That's the max resolution the GPU supports, not your screens native resolution.

Your screen will run at the same res on either GPU, as it would refresh and look different after the change.

If you have a supported gpu just buy the game and trial and error. Start with low settings on native res and play, run fraps and see what you get in terms of fps, if its high, try medium ect..

oh ok.. i think the only thing to do is trying it to find out
Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2011   #6
Microsoft MVP

Win 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Bf3 is playable (sort of) with that GPU on low,

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

If you have the game already try it with all settings on low, and things like AA and AF (in game and the Nvidia control panel) set to Off, at the laptop's native resolution and see how it goes. You can check the FPS easily in game by hitting the Tilde key (~) to open the in game console and typing,

render.drawfps 1

and it will show the FPS you're getting in the top right corner.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Dec 2011   #7

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stormy13 View Post
Bf3 is playable (sort of) with that GPU on low,

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M - Notebookcheck.net Tech

If you have the game already try it with all settings on low, and things like AA and AF (in game and the Nvidia control panel) set to Off, at the laptop's native resolution and see how it goes. You can check the FPS easily in game by hitting the Tilde key (~) to open the in game console and typing,

render.drawfps 1

and it will show the FPS you're getting in the top right corner.
Thanks for the link, i think that solves it.. i won't get the game in that case lol
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Battlefield 3 with Nvidia GT540m -Notebook




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33