Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Do you know any good RPG games?


13 Feb 2012   #1

windows 7
 
 
Do you know any good RPG games?

I'm looking for some good RPG games that have adventure theme. Can you suggest me something?

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

13 Feb 2012   #2

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Service Pack 1 / Ubuntu 12.10 64-bit
 
 

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, is an excellent open world RPG. You can purchase it on Steam or disc.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2012   #3

 
 

incoming flame....sorry skyrim has about as much gameplay depth as a piece of paper, aside from that the graphics are nice but as for an rpg...it is lacking in far to many ways, if graphics make the game then there is something very wrong with the games industry.

honestly i couldn't recommend a modern rpg most if not all are flat and lacking in what made rpg's fun and interesting time sinks before and are now just disapointing.

kingdom of amalur, is a possible one though, i've yet to try it so can't offer a review.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


13 Feb 2012   #4

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
 
 

You have no idea what you're talking about. Skyrim is all about adventuring. The game is so open you can spend 60 hours running around the map revealing locations and not solve a single quest if you don't want to. The gameplay is not perfect, but the story behind it, especially the little details, are better than Dragon Age: Origins itself!

On the other hand, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning really is a good game, totally different, a bit more casual (haven't finished it yet, so I wouldn't know really)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2012   #5

Mac OS X 10.9
 
 

Best RPG's on the computer, Skyrim, Oblivion, Morrowind, Fallout 3, and Fallout New Vegas.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Oblivion and Morrowind are good. But I didn't really like Skyrim because the UI killed it for me, but I'm just picky about UI's.

If you're looking for some old school RPG's, I'd try out Baldur's Gate (but you won't find that game being sold in regular stores anymore.) You'll have a hard time finding that game anywhere, I'm afraid. Anyway, moving on...

I'd also recommend Atlantica, but that's pretty much online only (but it's free). Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 are pretty good. Don't bother with Dungeon Siege 3, it's not even remotely close to the original, and most of the Dungeon Siege community actually had a lot of complaints about it. Dungeon Siege 1 and it's expansion Legends of Aranna is pretty good. It's old, so again, you probably won't find it in stores.

Then there's Diablo 1 & 2. Diablo 2 is still being sold in stores, but not Diablo 1 unless you buy a "battle chest" box at the store. I quit playing this game on Battle.net because Blizzard refuses to do anything about their item spamming bots in the channels, and the spam bots are annoying and absolutely ruin it. But if you can ignore them, you can probably play some good games, but most people on Bnet are greedy when it comes to items.

I have to agree with Gazz. Most of the newer RPG's really aren't all that good these days. I usually prefer the older ones. I prefer Oblivion over Skyrim myself.

There is also the game "NeverWinter Nights" and it's expansions. I think you'll find this in stores, but it'll probably cost you $30 for the game & expansions, when it's not really even worth $30 anymore. The game was released in 2002 or so, so the graphics are a bit outdated (the creatures/humanoids are actually pretty fricken fugly because their bodies are somewhat "boxy".)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2012   #7

Windows 7 Home premium 64bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Gornot View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about. Skyrim is all about adventuring. The game is so open you can spend 60 hours running around the map revealing locations and not solve a single quest if you don't want to. The gameplay is not perfect, but the story behind it, especially the little details, are better than Dragon Age: Origins itself!

On the other hand, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning really is a good game, totally different, a bit more casual (haven't finished it yet, so I wouldn't know really)
mmm i beg the differ i prefer dragon age over skyrim...............
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2012   #8

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gazz9496 View Post
incoming flame....sorry skyrim has about as much gameplay depth as a piece of paper, aside from that the graphics are nice but as for an rpg...it is lacking in far to many ways, if graphics make the game then there is something very wrong with the games industry.

honestly i couldn't recommend a modern rpg most if not all are flat and lacking in what made rpg's fun and interesting time sinks before and are now just disapointing.

kingdom of amalur, is a possible one though, i've yet to try it so can't offer a review.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Oblivion and Morrowind are good. But I didn't really like Skyrim because the UI killed it for me, but I'm just picky about UI's.

If you're looking for some old school RPG's, I'd try out Baldur's Gate (but you won't find that game being sold in regular stores anymore.) You'll have a hard time finding that game anywhere, I'm afraid. Anyway, moving on...

I'd also recommend Atlantica, but that's pretty much online only (but it's free). Dungeon Siege 1 & 2 are pretty good. Don't bother with Dungeon Siege 3, it's not even remotely close to the original, and most of the Dungeon Siege community actually had a lot of complaints about it. Dungeon Siege 1 and it's expansion Legends of Aranna is pretty good. It's old, so again, you probably won't find it in stores.

Then there's Diablo 1 & 2. Diablo 2 is still being sold in stores, but not Diablo 1 unless you buy a "battle chest" box at the store. I quit playing this game on Battle.net because Blizzard refuses to do anything about their item spamming bots in the channels, and the spam bots are annoying and absolutely ruin it. But if you can ignore them, you can probably play some good games, but most people on Bnet are greedy when it comes to items.

I have to agree with Gazz. Most of the newer RPG's really aren't all that good these days. I usually prefer the older ones. I prefer Oblivion over Skyrim myself.

There is also the game "NeverWinter Nights" and it's expansions. I think you'll find this in stores, but it'll probably cost you $30 for the game & expansions, when it's not really even worth $30 anymore. The game was released in 2002 or so, so the graphics are a bit outdated (the creatures/humanoids are actually pretty fricken fugly because their bodies are somewhat "boxy".)
Ignore the trolls. Try Kingdoms of Amalur, ive played non-stop and i highly recommend it. Its like Fable,WOW,Dragon Age, and Diablo rolled into one.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
13 Feb 2012   #9

Windows 8 64 bit PRO
 
 

You wanted recommendations on RPGS but you gave no background on what previous RPG's you played.
Personally i put my votes for SKyrim, Dragon Age, Fallout 3,
I sometimes think there is a very thin line between RPGS and Adventure games these days.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
14 Feb 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit SP1
 
 

IMHO

If you chose to play Dragon Age, please play through Dragon Age Origins and the expansion first. Dragon Age 2 is all about the graphics, the storyline was alright, but very linear.

I'd also like to cast my vote for Skyrim. The individual story lines are what make this game fantastic, along with the open world feel of the game. Since the developer kit is now out, we will soon see mods that create new areas/items/creatures and even races that will add even greater depth to the game.

If you are more interested in an RPG/FPS mix, I suggest Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2. Both have great story-lines, but contain limited replay value IMO.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Do you know any good RPG games?




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for: Do you know any good RPG games?
Thread Forum
Any Nice Lan Games Good for 1v1? Gaming
Looking for some good PC Games! Gaming
What Games will this PC run on Good Performance? Gaming
Games With Good Graphics? Gaming
Any good DX11 games Gaming
Good Games Gaming
Would this system be good for games?? Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33