Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Open letter to Valve on Half-Life series

24 Feb 2012   #11
raven2510

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SP2
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
As for HL2, they haven't even finished Episode 3 yet? I haven't checked lately. It's been what? 2 or 3 years now?
5 years. Half-Life 2 EP 2 was released in 2007.

Anyway the link is for those that care to voice their concern. I'm out of this discussion here.

Later
There is no Episode 3. They said HL2 ended with EP2. They stated that any new game in HL would be HL3.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Feb 2012   #12
Richardc269

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

...Wha?! I thought they were supposed to make EP3. Oh well...still, 5 years? That's still a while, even for a full game.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #13
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post

Was just mentioning that they could've created Episode 3 2 or 3 years ago. It's just disappointing that it's been 5 years and it just sounds like it's being ignored. My question was semi-rhetorical.
well its semi-retarded considering they made more than 2 games in that time period. You are just jumping the gun and attacking valve for not catering to your needs.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Feb 2012   #14
Richardc269

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post

Was just mentioning that they could've created Episode 3 2 or 3 years ago. It's just disappointing that it's been 5 years and it just sounds like it's being ignored. My question was semi-rhetorical.
well its semi-retarded considering they made more than 2 games in that time period. You are just jumping the gun and attacking valve for not catering to your needs.
My entire point was that they could've already put out Episode 3 2 or 3 years ago because they could've just used the same exact engine they used before. 5 years even for a single game is actually pretty slow in game creation if they're not putting most of their resources into 1 game (example: Episode 3). Instead, it just sounds like they're ignored it, and wanted to create a "Half-Life 3", when it really just should've been another "Episode". It's just disppointing that they took this long. 5 years? Ha! It took the company who created "One Must Fall: 2097" 6-8 years just to create the shitty game they called "One Must Fall: Battlegrounds", and they're a small group. So excuse me for seeing them as just ignoring it, and taking twice as long to create just 1 game, is just disappointing. You took my message incorrectly.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #15
vierasniper

Windows 7 Ultimate
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post


My entire point was that they could've already put out Episode 3 2 or 3 years ago because they could've just used the same exact engine they used before. 5 years even for a single game is actually pretty slow in game creation if they're not putting most of their resources into 1 game (example: Episode 3). Instead, it just sounds like they're ignored it, and wanted to create a "Half-Life 3", when it really just should've been another "Episode". It's just disppointing that they took this long. 5 years? Ha! It took the company who created "One Must Fall: 2097" 6-8 years just to create the shitty game they called "One Must Fall: Battlegrounds", and they're a small group. So excuse me for seeing them as just ignoring it, and taking twice as long to create just 1 game, is just disappointing. You took my message incorrectly.
Everyone knows they could have put it out 2-3 years ago. Your are not some sort of divine messenger, delivering tragic news. I didn't know you were an authority on how long a Developer should or shouldn't take on their projects. This isn't about any other dev, its about valve. While another ''Episode'' would have been fine, taking more time for a whole new game doesn't sound as bad. I for one would like to see something new from valve, instead of game on the old and tired Source Engine.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Feb 2012   #16
Richardc269

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post


My entire point was that they could've already put out Episode 3 2 or 3 years ago because they could've just used the same exact engine they used before. 5 years even for a single game is actually pretty slow in game creation if they're not putting most of their resources into 1 game (example: Episode 3). Instead, it just sounds like they're ignored it, and wanted to create a "Half-Life 3", when it really just should've been another "Episode". It's just disppointing that they took this long. 5 years? Ha! It took the company who created "One Must Fall: 2097" 6-8 years just to create the shitty game they called "One Must Fall: Battlegrounds", and they're a small group. So excuse me for seeing them as just ignoring it, and taking twice as long to create just 1 game, is just disappointing. You took my message incorrectly.
Everyone knows they could have put it out 2-3 years ago. Your are not some sort of divine messenger, delivering tragic news. I didn't know you were an authority on how long a Developer should or shouldn't take on their projects. This isn't about any other dev, its about valve. While another ''Episode'' would have been fine, taking more time for a whole new game doesn't sound as bad. I for one would like to see something new from valve, instead of game on the old and tired Source Engine.
*rolls my eyes* Then it should've been done already! Christ. That was my point! I'm not gonna argue with someone who has zero common sense, read my last post. Holy jesus on a stick. I'm done arguing. Bye.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Feb 2012   #17
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post


My entire point was that they could've already put out Episode 3 2 or 3 years ago because they could've just used the same exact engine they used before. 5 years even for a single game is actually pretty slow in game creation if they're not putting most of their resources into 1 game (example: Episode 3). Instead, it just sounds like they're ignored it, and wanted to create a "Half-Life 3", when it really just should've been another "Episode". It's just disppointing that they took this long. 5 years? Ha! It took the company who created "One Must Fall: 2097" 6-8 years just to create the shitty game they called "One Must Fall: Battlegrounds", and they're a small group. So excuse me for seeing them as just ignoring it, and taking twice as long to create just 1 game, is just disappointing. You took my message incorrectly.
Everyone knows they could have put it out 2-3 years ago. Your are not some sort of divine messenger, delivering tragic news. I didn't know you were an authority on how long a Developer should or shouldn't take on their projects. This isn't about any other dev, its about valve. While another ''Episode'' would have been fine, taking more time for a whole new game doesn't sound as bad. I for one would like to see something new from valve, instead of game on the old and tired Source Engine.
*rolls my eyes* Then it should've been done already! Christ. That was my point! I'm not gonna argue with someone who has zero common sense, read my last post. Holy jesus on a stick. I'm done arguing. Bye.
I feel if you have wrote valve and asked questions why are you getting angry with someone who is giving you the idea of the situation

I been waiting on max payne three for almost 7 years and it doesn't phase me at all they are taking time to make it better

People who are rushing things often leave key things out and most often then not have to be updated a billion times over

I would recommend If reply's to you give you anger over the subject maybe you shouldn't be posting it / Im not taking sides but i really don't think you should be angry at someone who is trying to help you with the situation

Last but not least Half life is one game out of a million other Better tittles get used to it cause not everyone digs Halflife like you
My System SpecsSystem Spec
02 Mar 2012   #18
Richardc269

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by vierasniper View Post

Everyone knows they could have put it out 2-3 years ago. Your are not some sort of divine messenger, delivering tragic news. I didn't know you were an authority on how long a Developer should or shouldn't take on their projects. This isn't about any other dev, its about valve. While another ''Episode'' would have been fine, taking more time for a whole new game doesn't sound as bad. I for one would like to see something new from valve, instead of game on the old and tired Source Engine.
*rolls my eyes* Then it should've been done already! Christ. That was my point! I'm not gonna argue with someone who has zero common sense, read my last post. Holy jesus on a stick. I'm done arguing. Bye.
I feel if you have wrote valve and asked questions why are you getting angry with someone who is giving you the idea of the situation

I been waiting on max payne three for almost 7 years and it doesn't phase me at all they are taking time to make it better

People who are rushing things often leave key things out and most often then not have to be updated a billion times over

I would recommend If reply's to you give you anger over the subject maybe you shouldn't be posting it / Im not taking sides but i really don't think you should be angry at someone who is trying to help you with the situation

Last but not least Half life is one game out of a million other Better tittles get used to it cause not everyone digs Halflife like you
I wasn't angry. I was just saying that it's been 5 years, and they still haven't created EP3 or HL3 yet, that's it. It's a fact, not an angry opinion. He just took it the wrong way, that's all. And no, I'm not angry now, it's just the way I talk.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Mar 2012   #19
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post

*rolls my eyes* Then it should've been done already! Christ. That was my point! I'm not gonna argue with someone who has zero common sense, read my last post. Holy jesus on a stick. I'm done arguing. Bye.
I feel if you have wrote valve and asked questions why are you getting angry with someone who is giving you the idea of the situation

I been waiting on max payne three for almost 7 years and it doesn't phase me at all they are taking time to make it better

People who are rushing things often leave key things out and most often then not have to be updated a billion times over

I would recommend If reply's to you give you anger over the subject maybe you shouldn't be posting it / Im not taking sides but i really don't think you should be angry at someone who is trying to help you with the situation

Last but not least Half life is one game out of a million other Better tittles get used to it cause not everyone digs Halflife like you
I wasn't angry. I was just saying that it's been 5 years, and they still haven't created EP3 or HL3 yet, that's it. It's a fact, not an angry opinion. He just took it the wrong way, that's all. And no, I'm not angry now, it's just the way I talk.
No worries Just don't want anyone to be in trouble with any Admin ,I like everyone I'm not partial i just dont want to see members booted for the wrong reasons but glad you let us know that you still kept a cool head
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Mar 2012   #20
Everlong

 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
...Wha?! I thought they were supposed to make EP3. Oh well...still, 5 years? That's still a while, even for a full game.
Well Half Life 2 wasn't released until 6 years after Half Life 1, and was merely a rumour up until 5 years after HL1.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Open letter to Valve on Half-Life series




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
half life 2 steering
is there a way to use the mouse for steering he car instead of the arrow keys?
Gaming
Half Life 2 on 7
Just installed HL-2 and Steam did an additional update. On first-run, it generates an error and won't boot. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../HL2_Error.jpg I'm running Windows 7 x64 build 7201. Here's what I've tried: 1 - Direct launch from Steam. 2 - Desktop shortcut, 'Run as...
Gaming
Updates to Half-life 2 series
Sometime around the 26th of May 2010, STEAM did some major updates to Half-Life 2 (HL2), HL2 – Episode One, HL2 – Episode Two. Updates include…. Source & Discussion - Half-life 2 & Episode 1 Updated With Achievements (Steam Play) - Halflife2.net Forums Note the "Cloud support for saved...
Gaming
Can't Run Half Life 2
So for some reason whenever I start Half Life 2 it just goes to a black screen and I see the round blue windows loading mouse icon. Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 work perfectly fine also, which is odd. I've tried SP2 compatibility, disabling windows composition, visual themes, run as...
Gaming
Half-Life 2
I did not have these problems on Vista. 1. When I run steam, i open half-life 2 (its the only game atm that I installed). I see a black screen where the VALVE and SOURCE logo should be. I also hear the sound that plays as the logos are shown, but I only see black. I see no creepy valve logo...
Gaming
half life
hello I have windows 7 ultimate (build 7100) and i have problem with half life (want to play counter strike 1.6) and after few minutes game is turning off, strange becouse on windows vista everything was ok. "luncher has stopped working" someone have the same problem ? help.
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:38.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App