Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: What is the Best FREE RPG Games


04 Sep 2012   #11

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Try Runescape, or Maplestory.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

04 Sep 2012   #12

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit SP1
 
 

If you can still find a copy: Icewind Dale, Planescape:Torment and Baldurs Gate are all excellent oldschool RPGS. These are all fantasy RPGS and may not be her cup of tea.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
04 Sep 2012   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by V43L1N View Post
If you can still find a copy: Icewind Dale, Planescape:Torment and Baldurs Gate are all excellent oldschool RPGS. These are all fantasy RPGS and may not be her cup of tea.
I think the only way you'll even find those old games is on websites. You more than likely will only find the CD's on Amazon.com or ebay.com.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


04 Sep 2012   #14

Windows 7 Ultimate x86 build 7600 (XP, 98SE, 95, 3.11, DOS 7.10 on VM) + Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Lucid Lynx
 
 

Torchlight . Its a great game with excellent graphics.
Sadly its not free. Costs $14.95

Requirements
CPU:x86-compatible 800MHz processor
RAM:512MB
VGA:DirectX-compatible 3D graphics with at least 64MB of addressable memory (such as an ATI Radeon 7200, NVIDIA GeForce 2, or Intel GMA 950)
DX:DirectX® 9.0c
OS:Windows 2000 or later
HDD:400MB
Torchlight - Runic Games

My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #15

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by V43L1N View Post
If you can still find a copy: Icewind Dale, Planescape:Torment and Baldurs Gate are all excellent oldschool RPGS. These are all fantasy RPGS and may not be her cup of tea.
I think the only way you'll even find those old games is on websites. You more than likely will only find the CD's on Amazon.com or ebay.com.
It is truly a shame that they are mostly out of production. I spent many a weekend enthralled in Torment.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #16

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by V43L1N View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by V43L1N View Post
If you can still find a copy: Icewind Dale, Planescape:Torment and Baldurs Gate are all excellent oldschool RPGS. These are all fantasy RPGS and may not be her cup of tea.
I think the only way you'll even find those old games is on websites. You more than likely will only find the CD's on Amazon.com or ebay.com.
It is truly a shame that they are mostly out of production. I spent many a weekend enthralled in Torment.
It really is a shame. I truly wish that game companies would not stop the production of older games. People are still interested in them, even if that number isn't as high as it used to be back then.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
06 Sep 2012   #17

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
 
 

Vampire the Masquerade

Good RPG game, runs well on most any system.
Down side is you'll need to buy and you'll need to apply a unofficial patch. But its worth it. It makes the game run under modern systems and has a widescreen patch.
You can get it for $20 or less on Steam.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #18

Windows 7 Home Prem x32
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by V43L1N View Post
It really is a shame. I truly wish that game companies would not stop the production of older games. People are still interested in them, even if that number isn't as high as it used to be back then.

Old classics are dirt cheap right here....GOG.com

They remove all the old school copyright stuff and include soundtracks/wallpapers and all kinds of other stuff with the games.

If its an RPG classic (plus tons of other oldies), odds are you can get it there for almost nothing.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2012   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Get Dungeon Siege
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2012   #20

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Get Dungeon Siege
The first one I thought was better than the 2nd. Don't even bother with the 3rd one. It didn't feel "Dungeon Siegey" to me at all.

Edit: The only downside to DS1 is that the game is longer in production (CD wise). So finding it is kinda hard. Ebay more than likely has it there.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 What is the Best FREE RPG Games




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: What is the Best FREE RPG Games
Thread Forum
Free Steam Games Chillout Room
What are some fun free co-op games? Gaming
3 Free PC Games (this weekend only) Gaming
free fps games ? Gaming
Free EA Games Gaming
Free Games Gaming
free games that do hog graphics? Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:23 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33