I'm trying to configure my Media Center Win 7 HP laptop to my X360 using Media Extender.
Every time I go through the process of entering the 8 digit code, the 360 hangs at the "Downloading" screen on the TV. The laptop hangs at the "Configuring Your Extender" step, and then I get the generic "There was an error configuring your PC" message on both. Sometimes it won't even get to that screen - just hang at the "The next step is to configure the software." step on the 360.
I've had this issue a few times before but I've been able to fix it until now.
1) The first time it was the fingerprint scanning software that interfered, and uninstalling it fixed the issue.
2) The next time I uninstalled and reinstalled Media Center and was able to reconnect.
3) Now nothing I try has worked. All permissions/sharing options are correct. Windows Firewall is disabled (Windows Extender sharing has been enabled though) and I'm not running antivirus or firewall software. The "Test PC Connection" test is successful.
- The "Video Player" app on the 360 will also not find any videos on my system. It finds the computer, and the folders the files are in, but will not recognise the files themselves. It used to recognise them when Media Center was working, but now won't, so it's not a file format issue.
- My Internet seems to drop out after the configuration process fails, then reinstate itself (Chrome says "resolving proxy" then "Unable to connect to the Internet" then "Unable to load the webpage" then back to normal after successive refreshes. Again I haven't changed anything so it's not the internet, but maybe that information is useful.