Hey there folks! Thanks for reading.
Just installed Battlefield 2: Complete Collection on my new AMD Quad Core. I was able to get into a server for about 15 minutes before getting a "There is a problem with your connection." message and subsequently getting kicked by PunkBuster for "high average ping." Since then, all the servers in the server list populate with unusually high pings or pings of 0.
I've been all around the internet, so here are a few answers to the FAQ:
- I have uninstalled/reinstalled both the game and punkbuster.
- I'm using a wireless modem/router, but wiring directly to the PC makes no difference
- I've disabled the Steam overlay, VOIP and EAX, no change.
- The proximity of the server makes no difference. Same problem with servers in Australia or in my backyard.
- There are no downloads or programs running in the background using bandwidth
Any help would be great.