Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Counter Strike Not Working

16 Aug 2012   #1
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 
Counter Strike Not Working

Hey guys does any one have a counter strike installed in windows 7 that is working?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

16 Aug 2012   #2
Devilz

Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit
 
 

which version of CS are we talking about, I got source and go beta working absolutely fine with windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
16 Aug 2012   #3
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
which version of CS are we talking about, I got source and go beta working absolutely fine with windows 7
counter strike 1.6 sir.would you mind sharing that to me?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


17 Aug 2012   #4
ComputerKid

Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
 
 

my counter strike 1.6 runs well in windows 7. Is the installation corrupted? Try use the Compatibility mode to Windows XP.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #5
Devilz

Windows 8.1 - 64 Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kupalski View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
which version of CS are we talking about, I got source and go beta working absolutely fine with windows 7
counter strike 1.6 sir.would you mind sharing that to me?
can't help you with 1.6 cause I don't have it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #6
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ComputerKid View Post
my counter strike 1.6 runs well in windows 7. Is the installation corrupted? Try use the Compatibility mode to Windows XP.
Tried that and it doesnt work. And installation is not corrupted
My System SpecsSystem Spec
17 Aug 2012   #7
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by kupalski View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Devilz View Post
which version of CS are we talking about, I got source and go beta working absolutely fine with windows 7
counter strike 1.6 sir.would you mind sharing that to me?
can't help you with 1.6 cause I don't have it
Would you mind sharing that cs source to me?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #8
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 10 build 10122
 
 

Download Counter-Strike 1.6 - Counter-Strike 1.6 is a MOD for Half-Life that is set in a teamplay mode - Softpedia

Note: This is a Steam installer, which means you need a valid copy of Half-Life/Counter-Strike. The Half-Life/Counter-Strike package can be bought via Steam.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #9
StormTrooper

Windows 8.1 PRO
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Brink View Post
Download Counter-Strike 1.6 - Counter-Strike 1.6 is a MOD for Half-Life that is set in a teamplay mode - Softpedia

Note: This is a Steam installer, which means you need a valid copy of Half-Life/Counter-Strike. The Half-Life/Counter-Strike package can be bought via Steam.
Sir is that working with windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec
18 Aug 2012   #10
Brink
Microsoft MVP

64-bit Windows 10 build 10122
 
 

It doesn't list Windows 7 as being supported, but does Vista. You may need to use compatibility mode if it doesn't run normally in Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Counter Strike Not Working




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Counter strike 1.6 not working on my Windows 7
hey guys i just install counter strike from my computer windows 7 64-bit and When i start Counter Strike 1.6 i get a black background and just hear the music, when i move the mouse i hear the menu sounds and i know that it has started but no display whats the problem anyone know? Thanks,...
Gaming
Counter strike source and 1.6 not working
Hey i just downloaded source and 1.6 trhough steam. i am running windows 7 64 bit. my video card is stock, something with intel...... but i don't think that's the problem. When i open up source it runs good... the main screen pops up any every thing is o.k... but once i get into getplay things get...
Gaming
Counter Strike not working
Hi SF, I guess this is my 1st thread in Gaming section. :o I can play counter strike reloaded 1.6 on win7 32bit but cant play the same on win7 64 bit. What's wrong?
Gaming
Counter-Strike Source stopped working randomly
Okay, so, first let me say. CSS worked perfectly, just yesterday night I was playing it. Today, I go to run it, it pops up and the screen flashes the background for the main menu, then blinks again and goes black on just my main monitor (I have Dual Monitors) with the circular loading cursor, and...
Gaming
Half Life 2 and Counter Strike not working
Okay, so I did look around a bit before I started this thread, and I haven't seen anyone else with the same problem yet so I'm starting the thread. I downloaded Trackmania, Audiosurf, Portal and Garry's Mod fine, and run them perfectly on my new HP laptop. I bought the laptop with Windows 7 on...
Gaming
Counter Strike 1.6
Hi When i try to connect to a server the game freeze. i have all the update to graficcard and soundcard all is the new drivers. But is dont work at all. Need help PLZ
Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:02.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App