Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Games Which Have Lost Their 'Edge'

22 Aug 2012   #21
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dwarfer66 View Post
Max Payne 3, too MUCH movie crap, not enough actual gameplay, Max Payne 2 got reinstalled straight after I played Max 3, deleted Max 3, will NEVER reinstall that game. If I wanted to watch 80% of a games movies, I will watch TV.
Wish I could take that game off your hands been wanting to play it


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
22 Aug 2012   #22
Solarstarshines

Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit sp1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dwarfer66 View Post
Max Payne 3, too MUCH movie crap, not enough actual gameplay, Max Payne 2 got reinstalled straight after I played Max 3, deleted Max 3, will NEVER reinstall that game. If I wanted to watch 80% of a games movies, I will watch TV.
To me it was Fine im ok with all the cinamatics I have played all 3 Max payne from begining to end

The game is ment to be a Graphic novel that is it's category so cut scene's and movie like roll play would be aparent I'm sorry you didn't like it but
I enjoyed every moment of the game and it was like putting your own action movie together
I have since played it again after the first time beating it
My System SpecsSystem Spec
22 Aug 2012   #23
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Only Games That i've seen live up to their Hype is Max payne 3 and Darksiders 2 but one may beg to differ
I have yet to buy Max Payne 3, I don't like to be told that I need to enroll on a social club in order to play the Campaign to the game. When I buy something, it is mine and mine along and as the owner I choose not to give my personal info to the world.

Perhaps in a few months, they will allow me to get away from doing so and I will buy it... more so because I played and enjoyed the other 2 immensely.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dwarfer66 View Post
Max Payne 3, too MUCH movie crap, not enough actual gameplay.
Unfortunately, this is their latest scam for the most part, and it is how they maintain the kiddies entertain. I don't mind cut scenes per say, I rather enjoy them if, and this is a big if, they do not interfere with my gameplay or they will connect with the plot for the next level.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Wish I could take that game off your hands been wanting to play it
That is another thing I hate about their new scam system, you buy a product, you don't like it, whether this is because it wasn't your cup of tea or because it is uninstallable (read... see UBIsoft latest games ), you can't re sell it because that serial number is now tied to your personal life and medical history!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Aug 2012   #24
Richardc269

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Solarstarshines View Post
Only Games That i've seen live up to their Hype is Max payne 3 and Darksiders 2 but one may beg to differ
I have yet to buy Max Payne 3, I don't like to be told that I need to enroll on a social club in order to play the Campaign to the game. When I buy something, it is mine and mine along and as the owner I choose not to give my personal info to the world.

Perhaps in a few months, they will allow me to get away from doing so and I will buy it... more so because I played and enjoyed the other 2 immensely.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by dwarfer66 View Post
Max Payne 3, too MUCH movie crap, not enough actual gameplay.
Unfortunately, this is their latest scam for the most part, and it is how they maintain the kiddies entertain. I don't mind cut scenes per say, I rather enjoy them if, and this is a big if, they do not interfere with my gameplay or they will connect with the plot for the next level.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Wish I could take that game off your hands been wanting to play it
That is another thing I hate about their new scam system, you buy a product, you don't like it, whether this is because it wasn't your cup of tea or because it is uninstallable (read... see UBIsoft latest games ), you can't re sell it because that serial number is now tied to your personal life and medical history!
Pretty much why I haven't really bothered with buying the newer games. GTA4 when it was first released, said that you needed "Social Club" installed to make it playable. As soon as I saw that, I said "Hell no, bye." Then they later released some patch that you don't need it anymore. Probably because too many people bitched about it or something.

I do agree with you, I'm not installing a 3rd party program just to make my game work (such as Origin, Steam, etc). I don't want'em, and I'm not using them. Period. If game companies don't like it, well, it's just staying on the shelf and it's not getting my money until they stop making us "need it". Period. No if's and's or but's about it. It's my PC and I'm not installing BS programs just so I can run a game "legally". Well piss on that.

If the companies aren't going to be "trusting" enough with their software and not using stupid DRM's, then they'll start getting my money (not to mention my trust as a PC gamer). But we all know that's not going to happen, so I refuse to trust companies that want me to install 3rd party programs. If the companies honestly want my trust, then they really need to start not putting stupid DRM's in their games (such as Diablo 3, which I absolutely refuse to even buy, or even play for that matter). SC2 is the same.

Hell, most can't even get rid of these lame ass "Enhanced Text" ads. And that's more than likely from downloading a program on a website. Yet they say I won't get their dumbass ads if I disable their programs, yet I STILL get them sometimes even though said programs are turned off/uninstalled. So they're obviously full of shit.

I don't honestly know if these 3rd party programs install crap on my PC or not (they could still say it doesn't and yet it still does for all I know/care). So I'm not installing them. Period. I don't trust gaming companies that want me to install 3rd party programs like Origin/Steam and other crap similar to it. I honestly don't really care if they offer "deals" or not. I don't like downloading games as just a "media download" from their site. I'd rather have the CD/DVD, then I can make a copy of it, or I could image it, and the CD/DVD goes back into the box where it belongs, and I I won't have to waste 5 hours downloading the game all over again, whereas I can just spend less than 10 minutes reinstalling it from the CD/DVD. I have a slow ass internet, where it takes me a whole hour just to download a half a gig of information. The college library nearby lets me download stuff, but if a program wants me to use a 3rd party download program (such as a "download manager" that some websites have for their downloads (and makes you install the P.O.S beforehand), and then doesn't let you "save" it to your HDD (or flashdrive), then I can't really get it from the library and I have to waste 5 hours downloading the crap from home.

Sorry, I tend to get ahead of myself. I didn't really mean for it to turn into a huge rant, but I'm not in a bad mood or anything.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Aug 2012   #25
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Go on, don't be shy and tell us exactly how you feel...

Nah, I hear you, I am fed up with these guys ramming crap up my gazoo for their own benefit... all the while making me pay full price for a half assed game or shorter campaign.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
30 Aug 2012   #26
Richardc269

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
Go on, don't be shy and tell us exactly how you feel...

Nah, I hear you, I am fed up with these guys ramming crap up my gazoo for their own benefit... all the while making me pay full price for a half assed game or shorter campaign.
Which is why I prefer the older games (pre-2008) most of the time because they don't want me to download a 3rd party program like most newer games do. The problem with a lot of game publishers is that they spend so much money on Anti-Piracy that they just don't really pay attention (or care) to things in the game that should be paid more attention to (testing, betatesting, etc). Instead, we have companies that put tons of money into a stupid DRM that's absolutely worthless and the cracking groups just go through the game. Well, it's more or less legal to crack games (and in certain countries there's very little laws regarding PC/Console games) as long as you own the store bought CD/DVD.

In the UK it's actually legal for people to record the movies on a camcorder. Or at least that's what I've been told.

Modern Warfare 3 has a pretty short campaign. I've been playing with my roomate on his console once in a while. It's really fun to play the Survival or Mission for the Co-op, but he beat the campaign pretty quick. And on the hardest difficulty. Nuts, huh?
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Games Which Have Lost Their 'Edge'




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Asus MX239H - pictures not edge to edge
Hi, not sure where to post this. It seems fine; however, one thing that annoys me is that my photographs, when in screensaver mode, are not Edge to edge and have about an inch and a half thick black bar at each side. The aspect ratio and everything else seems to be the same as my previous...
General Discussion
Edge stripes/waves in games?
Hello, in every game i'm experiencing wavy stripes like textures as in these few examples: http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/8774/63061461.png https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/594/18921179.png https://imageshack.us/scaled/large/822/51080588.png...
Gaming
Mirror's Edge
Anyone have any issues playing Mirror's Edge under Windows 7 64-bit? Thinking about getting the game. Thanks
Gaming
Mirror's Edge
So I'm wondering, what are peoples' opinions of this game here? Personally, I loved the game. The sound especially, also the physics were incredible and so were the graphics. I played through the entire game with settings maxed out with physics enabled. It was beautiful.
Gaming
Box vs. Edge-Detect AA
I know that the Edge-Detect filter is suppose to double your AA, but it doesn't seem to make a difference compared to the Box filter. Does my gpu not support this filter since it's an older card?
Graphic Cards
Lost all the M.S Games
Played a few games of Spider Solitaire two days ago - Tried to play again this evening but the 'Games' tab comes up with an emptyGames Folder !. Running a C: Drive search finds none of the games. Had a look on my lappy Vista system and there is a C:\ProgramFiles\Microsoftgames folder which has all...
General Discussion


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:14.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App