Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: which is better for gaming 32 bit or 64 bit


19 Aug 2012   #11

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

There are plenty of posts here where people have had memery issues or where Windows wasn't able see all the RAM installed because that box was checked.

At any rate the box is for testing purposes and really doen't need to be checked, especially on a 64-bit OS, unless you want to limit the RAM, or do some testing to see if all the RAM is being used. It could also cause memory issues, especially if you have an intergrated video card. Again, I refer to Binks tutorial I linked to earlier.

Anyway my suggestion is to not check that box but to each his own, and if you feel it works for you well...

Peace


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

20 Aug 2012   #12

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 Home Premium x86 Service Pack 1 - Linux Mint Mate 14 x64
 
 

64-bit operating system will allow you install and use more RAM, however, make sure your motherboard is able to support the type of memory you are installing, as well as, the amount being installed.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
31 Aug 2012   #13

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 
gradually decaying of ram

i have win 7 64 bit os .....i hv 4gb ram ,bt just after booting initially i saw from system information that my total physical memory is 4 gb,installed memory is also 4gb & available memory reads 3.21 gb or so... but if i start to do anything & after having finished that task & closing that particular application (browser,games etc) completely whn i recheked it i found my total & installed physical memory read the same as previous but the available physical memory comes down to 2.73gb or something like that..

i can't guess wht's wrong ..plz suggest me solution for stopping this..

thanks in advance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


31 Aug 2012   #14

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ashin5 View Post
i have win 7 64 bit os .....i hv 4gb ram ,bt just after booting initially i saw from system information that my total physical memory is 4 gb,installed memory is also 4gb & available memory reads 3.21 gb or so... but if i start to do anything & after having finished that task & closing that particular application (browser,games etc) completely whn i recheked it i found my total & installed physical memory read the same as previous but the available physical memory comes down to 2.73gb or something like that..

i can't guess wht's wrong ..plz suggest me solution for stopping this..

thanks in advance
Please don't take this the wrong way but....

1 - Speaking in sms (text message terms) can only lead to miscommunication and misunderstandings, and doesn't clearly get accross your issue. Not everyone understands hv, whn, wht's and plz. This is a technical forum, not a social networking site.

2 - Fill in your systems specs. Not doing so can only lead to guess work and frustration on both sides. And in this case, we really do need them for your issue.

That said we need system specs and a clear explaination of what going on with your system - minus the sms talk.

Thanks.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #15

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

I have updated my system specifications...

i have win 7 64 bit os .....i have 4gb ram ,bt just after booting initially i saw from system information that my total physical memory is 4 gb,installed memory is also 4gb & available memory reads 3.21 gb or so... but if i start to do anything (launching any applications, e.g. - browsers,games etc) & after having finished that task & closing that particular application completely when i recheck it i get my total & installed physical memory amount same as previous but the available physical memory comes down close to 2.6,2.7gb or something like that..

i can't guess what is wrong ..please suggest me solution for stopping this..

Hope i have clearly specified my problems this time....

thanks in advance
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #16

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

OK, I think, I know what you're asking but see these posts/threads to see if that answers your questions....

- 4 GB of Physical Memory but 1.74 GB Usable
- Memory/Ram

And this one, just in case - Windows 7 - 8GB ram only 3.99GB usable

Let me (us) know.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #17

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ashin5 View Post
I have updated my system specifications...

i have win 7 64 bit os .....i have 4gb ram ,bt just after booting initially i saw from system information that my total physical memory is 4 gb,installed memory is also 4gb & available memory reads 3.21 gb or so... but if i start to do anything (launching any applications, e.g. - browsers,games etc) & after having finished that task & closing that particular application completely when i recheck it i get my total & installed physical memory amount same as previous but the available physical memory comes down close to 2.6,2.7gb or something like that..

i can't guess what is wrong ..please suggest me solution for stopping this..

Hope i have clearly specified my problems this time....

thanks in advance
Depending on what game(s) you're going to play, more available RAM is a good idea. A game such as Civilization 4 (with a mod called "Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn) adds so much stuff to the game that 4 gigs of RAM is pretty much minimum required to play for a long length of time. There's not a whole lot of games out there that use huge amounts of RAM. If you want to use the 64-Bit system, I suggest getting 6 or even 8 gigs of RAM. 64-Bit systems with only 4 gigs is pretty pointless.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #18

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Simple Answer:

Gaming is better on 64bit.. and why? Well with 32bit OS you are limited to use less than 4GB of RAM where on 64bit you can have as much RAM as you want.

+ you can run all your 32bit applications as well. Just like everyday computing
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #19

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
 
 

Well .... I have checked from resource monitor that my installed memory -> 4096 mb,Total memory -> 4094 mb,
hardware reserved->2 mb,modified memory ->20 to 22 mb(it fluctuates),but the available memory(standby + free) is initially say 3.3 or 3.4 gb just after booting but after launching any applications (that I mentioned before) it is coming down to 2.57 gb or 2.7 gb or something like that.... & memory in use is showing 1498 mb(+- 5 mb).. i want to know is it normal to have available memory nearly 2.5 gb while i have 4gb of installed memory??
My System SpecsSystem Spec
05 Sep 2012   #20

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Ashin5 View Post
Well .... I have checked from resource monitor that my installed memory -> 4096 mb,Total memory -> 4094 mb,
hardware reserved->2 mb,modified memory ->20 to 22 mb(it fluctuates),but the available memory(standby + free) is initially say 3.3 or 3.4 gb just after booting but after launching any applications (that I mentioned before) it is coming down to 2.57 gb or 2.7 gb or something like that.... & memory in use is showing 1498 mb(+- 5 mb).. i want to know is it normal to have available memory nearly 2.5 gb while i have 4gb of installed memory??
hmmm that does'nt sound normal to me but it does'nt mean the memory went bad or something. This is definetely a software related issue not hardware.

Download CPU-Z from the link below and run it then post screen shots of Memory Tab:
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 which is better for gaming 32 bit or 64 bit




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: which is better for gaming 32 bit or 64 bit
Thread Forum
Gaming on a Desktop Computer VERSUS Gaming on a laptop Gaming
Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help. Hardware & Devices
Right gaming rig... Gaming
Solved BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? BSOD Help and Support
Gaming Mouse Pads + Gaming Mouses Gaming
Lcd/tft vs led for gaming... Hardware & Devices
Solved PC Gaming vs Console Gaming Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:19 AM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33