Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: windows xp games wont play in windows 7


01 Sep 2012   #1

windows xp pro 32-bit
 
 
windows xp games wont play in windows 7

i tried compatibility mode
i tried turning on data execution prevention with that game
i dont want to play it with virtual os like vmware

is there anyway to play this game on windows 7
its la street racing and made 2007
and other older games

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

02 Sep 2012   #2

Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit
 
 

Hi! Could you post more of your system specs to your profile, please? That helps answering.
What error messages do you get (if any) when you try to start the games?
Also, have you checked that you have the latest drivers to your system?
Uh yeah... Well, your profile says that you have Windows XP Pro 32-Bit. And you're posting this on Windows 7 Forums; so are you dual-booting Windows XP and Windows 7?
Another thing that might cause the problem is that you've installed the games on XP and then are trying to play them in 7.
Lots of questions! Hope you can answer them!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
03 Sep 2012   #3

windows 7 x64 pro sp1
 
 

if you installed the games using XP you need to reinstall them under windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


03 Sep 2012   #4

Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by w1dpc View Post
if you installed the games using XP you need to reinstall them under windows 7.
Exactly. As I already said:
Quote:
Another thing that might cause the problem is that you've installed the games on XP and then are trying to play them in 7.
You'll have to reinstall the games you're trying to play in Windows 7.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #5

windows xp pro 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DanRex View Post
Hi! Could you post more of your system specs to your profile, please? That helps answering.
What error messages do you get (if any) when you try to start the games?
Also, have you checked that you have the latest drivers to your system?
Uh yeah... Well, your profile says that you have Windows XP Pro 32-Bit. And you're posting this on Windows 7 Forums; so are you dual-booting Windows XP and Windows 7?
Another thing that might cause the problem is that you've installed the games on XP and then are trying to play them in 7.
Lots of questions! Hope you can answer them!
yeah my system drivver are up to date, i got 2 pcs xp pro and 7 ultimate
in windows 7 the error message in la street racing is unable to create hw 3d device my videocard is nvidia geforce gt 540M 2gb, no im not dual booting, no i have clean installed them
My System SpecsSystem Spec
07 Sep 2012   #6

windows xp pro 32-bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DanRex View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by w1dpc View Post
if you installed the games using XP you need to reinstall them under windows 7.
Exactly. As I already said:
Quote:
Another thing that might cause the problem is that you've installed the games on XP and then are trying to play them in 7.
You'll have to reinstall the games you're trying to play in Windows 7.
yes i already installed them, not copy paste method
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Sep 2012   #7

Win7 Home Premium 64 bit
 
 

Try installing DX9
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 windows xp games wont play in windows 7




Thread Tools




Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33