Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is PC gaming Being Done Away With?

07 Oct 2012   #101
Jemjem787

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by McNash View Post
I hardly play any games other than shooters and strategy games, and they are great to play with keyboard and mouse.
Aren't 75% of popular games shooters or strategy games?


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
08 Oct 2012   #102
theveterans

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

There are some racing games that are popular too like NFS series and Dirt series.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2012   #103
Katanyavich

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
 
 

I won't pay the full release price for a game, but wait for it to be on sale/released on budget, or buy it second-hand.

And under NO circumstances will I buy a game that needs an internet connection to either register OR play.

Nor one that I have to download in order to play. Not gonna happen. My bandwidth is very limited.

I want physical disks.

Mainly play shooters, adventures and driving sims.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

08 Oct 2012   #104
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Most i'm willing to pay for games are $40usd,anything higher is too expensive imo
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2012   #105
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Most i'm willing to pay for games are $40usd,anything higher is too expensive imo
No FPS game in the last few years (like 2004 YTD) is worth 40 USD... at least, not for me or I am not looking at the right game
My System SpecsSystem Spec
08 Oct 2012   #106
Jemjem787

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Most i'm willing to pay for games are $40usd,anything higher is too expensive imo
No FPS game in the last few years (like 2004 YTD) is worth 40 USD... at least, not for me or I am not looking at the right game
yes i agree, every single Call of duty game is an exact replica of the last but with different colored guns and maps..
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2012   #107
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by AstaLaVista View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Most i'm willing to pay for games are $40usd,anything higher is too expensive imo
No FPS game in the last few years (like 2004 YTD) is worth 40 USD... at least, not for me or I am not looking at the right game
I know most are 60$ that's why i wait for steam or store sale or untill it drops price over time.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2012   #108
beret21

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Its the torrents that are making less people to goto stores ,. . . . . . I bought about 2-3 CD, DVDs per week and now its been a year
I think most will agree upon that ............
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2012   #109
bobafetthotmail

Win 7 Pro 64-bit 7601
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by beret21 View Post
Its the torrents that are making less people to goto stores ,. . . . . . I bought about 2-3 CD, DVDs per week and now its been a year
I think most will agree upon that ............
well, would be interesting to know what were you buying before you started torrenting. 2-3 disks (games) per week is an awful lot of cash if they are new games (50 euro/60 bucks per game in a month is 400 euro or 480 bucks). Also I doubt there are so much new games released in a so short timescale, and I don't see the point for buying so much as you don't have the physical time to finish a game unless you are a fat kid (i.e. still at school) without friends (i.e. most afternoons and all weekends are 100% time for PC games).

If they weren't new games, then it was irrelevant.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
09 Oct 2012   #110
beret21

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by bobafetthotmail View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by beret21 View Post
Its the torrents that are making less people to goto stores ,. . . . . . I bought about 2-3 CD, DVDs per week and now its been a year
I think most will agree upon that ............
well, would be interesting to know what were you buying before you started torrenting. 2-3 disks (games) per week is an awful lot of cash if they are new games (50 euro/60 bucks per game in a month is 400 euro or 480 bucks). Also I doubt there are so much new games released in a so short timescale, and I don't see the point for buying so much as you don't have the physical time to finish a game unless you are a fat kid (i.e. still at school) without friends (i.e. most afternoons and all weekends are 100% time for PC games).

If they weren't new games, then it was irrelevant.
I bought pirated disks
Its hard to find original here and m not rich to buy online .... ( it will take time to explain)
Plus i wasn't just taking about games i was talking about movies too . . .
I was just trying to explain that why stores are blanked out . . . . .
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is PC gaming Being Done Away With?




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming
Hi guys, This is my first post in this forum since I have not received any help from elswhere. You guys are my only hope. Okay, so I recently bought two G1 Gaming GTX970 graphics cards. The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers, so I got the Display Driver...
BSOD Help and Support
Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.
So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers. It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect. I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if...
BSOD Help and Support
Gaming on a Desktop Computer VERSUS Gaming on a laptop
In your opinion, what do you think are the pros and cons of gaming on a desktop computer and a laptop computer ? I'm hoping in the next several months to own a fairly decent gaming system, whether it be laptop or desktop. However I'm still undecided as to what I really want. Money won't be...
Gaming
Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.
ok, so let me just throw my budget out here, est: $600 I'm not sure, i could be more or less thats just a rough idea. MY NEED: I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at 50% - 60% atleast. And i want it to be able to play grand theft auto v, I need help in the costs of...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???
I dont know why. I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it. I dont know why but hopefully you can help me. :D My Computer Stats: -Intel® Core™ i7-3770K -GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Z77 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB -Corsair Vengeance 8GB -2TB Hard Drive...
BSOD Help and Support
Gaming Mouse Pads + Gaming Mouses
Share your gaming mouse and a gaming mousepad if you have one
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:53.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App