Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Is PC gaming Being Done Away With?

19 Sep 2012   #41
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Very interesting article posted on GS so here's the link below:

The Digital Revolution: How Consumers Are Driving the Future of Games Retail - GameSpot.com


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Sep 2012   #42
Jemjem787

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

You could argue that Music is going away because they dont sell CD's Anymore, Everything is just going virtual now a days
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #43
sygnus21

Windows 8.1 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jemjem787 View Post
You could argue that Music is going away because they dont sell CD's Anymore, Everything is just going virtual now a days
Yes that would be a true statement, as evidenced by the dwindling music stores and shelves holding CD's.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Sep 2012   #44
Jemjem787

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jemjem787 View Post
You could argue that Music is going away because they dont sell CD's Anymore, Everything is just going virtual now a days
Yes that would be a true statement, as evidenced by the dwindling music stores and shelves holding CD's.
Also could be said with DVD/Movies.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #45
theveterans

Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1
 
 

Hope Blu-ray thrives. I can't stand the horrible artifacts from the streaming HD videos.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #46
AstaLaVista

Windows 7 x64 (Ultimate)
 
 

I don't mind virtual copies at all, I have a fast enough internet connection not to care... I hate parking and waiting to pay for something so I rather download it, go smoke a cig, eat or take a dump while the game downloads!

Now, I can see how some people would hate this if they have a slow connection or if they want to download the minute the game goes live.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #47
chromatica

Windows 7 Ultimate X64
 
 

Steam is the way to go nowadays. Just keep your steam apps folder backed up and you'll never have to re-download anything. Maybe just disc based pc gaming is dying.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #48
Jemjem787

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chromatica View Post
Steam is the way to go nowadays. Just keep your steam apps folder backed up and you'll never have to re-download anything. Maybe just disc based pc gaming is dying.
I personally hate steam (just my opinion don't hate) because when i buy a game disc, I expect to put it in, install, then play, not plug it in, install steam/other stuff like it, then make a steam account, restart my computer for changes to take effect blah blah blah, then also for steam (I never used steam be4 so sorry if my assumptions are incorrect) if I want to buy games I will probably have to enter my credit card info/personal info ect.. So I don't really trust things like that,
But the main reason is just that I'm paranoid of EVERYTHING (true story)
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #49
vv211

Windows 7 Professional x64 w/SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by RitualJman View Post
I still like to have a hard copy of my games
this
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #50
vv211

Windows 7 Professional x64 w/SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Jemjem787 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by chromatica View Post
Steam is the way to go nowadays. Just keep your steam apps folder backed up and you'll never have to re-download anything. Maybe just disc based pc gaming is dying.
I personally hate steam (just my opinion don't hate) because when i buy a game disc, I expect to put it in, install, then play, not plug it in, install steam/other stuff like it, then make a steam account, restart my computer for changes to take effect blah blah blah, then also for steam (I never used steam be4 so sorry if my assumptions are incorrect) if I want to buy games I will probably have to enter my credit card info/personal info ect.. So I don't really trust things like that,
But the main reason is just that I'm paranoid of EVERYTHING (true story)
I've also heard that if you close your steam account, you lose all the games you've purchased through them
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Is PC gaming Being Done Away With?




Thread Tools





Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming
Hi guys, This is my first post in this forum since I have not received any help from elswhere. You guys are my only hope. Okay, so I recently bought two G1 Gaming GTX970 graphics cards. The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers, so I got the Display Driver...
BSOD Help and Support
Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.
So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers. It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect. I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if...
BSOD Help and Support
Gaming on a Desktop Computer VERSUS Gaming on a laptop
In your opinion, what do you think are the pros and cons of gaming on a desktop computer and a laptop computer ? I'm hoping in the next several months to own a fairly decent gaming system, whether it be laptop or desktop. However I'm still undecided as to what I really want. Money won't be...
Gaming
Building a Gaming Computer Gaming Low budget. Help.
ok, so let me just throw my budget out here, est: $600 I'm not sure, i could be more or less thats just a rough idea. MY NEED: I want it to be able to play games like HITMAN ABSOLUTION at 50% - 60% atleast. And i want it to be able to play grand theft auto v, I need help in the costs of...
Hardware & Devices
BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???
I dont know why. I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it. I dont know why but hopefully you can help me. :D My Computer Stats: -Intel® Core™ i7-3770K -GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Z77 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB -Corsair Vengeance 8GB -2TB Hard Drive...
BSOD Help and Support
Gaming Mouse Pads + Gaming Mouses
Share your gaming mouse and a gaming mousepad if you have one
Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:27.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App