Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Half Life remake Black Mesa now available for Free download

26 Sep 2012   #21
alphanumeric

Windows 10 Education 64 bit
 
 

So far it seems like an updated remake sort of deal to me. Its just enough different to make it interesting. Just got though the Silo doors and got the shotgun. Now its time to kill the three headed beak thingy. One thing that seems to have carried over from the original is the pauses while the next part is Loading.... Thats a bit annoying but its a free game so no sense in complaining.


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
26 Sep 2012   #22
Richardc269

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

I've been told that it done up to near the ending. Not really sure if it's 100% or not.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
26 Sep 2012   #23
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
I played the Half-Life series so much is makes me sick to look at it now. That said, I "might" give Black Mesa a try seeing how long it's been "In-work" /talked about since 2007 - Black Mesa Source - halflife 2 mod - Sept 14th Release - Rage3D Discussion Area

Most of us in that thread had given up on ever seeing it released. In fact a lot of us called it vaporware. Anyway good that they finally released it... though I heard it's still incomplete
i think when they said Incomplete so it means there's no multiplayer yet no official info or achievements on the steam client etc. but i think the single player campaign is complete if im not wrong
There's a part 2 in the making so yea it's only half done. source:
(WARNING)(POSSIBLE SPOILER,USER BE BEWARED)(says after what mission the 2nd mod takes place,that's why i put spoiler so yea.)

They say is in development and will be released as a update instead of a whole separate game.

Single-player FAQ - Black Mesa

General FAQ - Black Mesa
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

26 Sep 2012   #24
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Based on their track record I guess we'll be waiting another 5 years till part 2 gets released
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2012   #25
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by M1GU31 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
I played the Half-Life series so much is makes me sick to look at it now. That said, I "might" give Black Mesa a try seeing how long it's been "In-work" /talked about since 2007 - Black Mesa Source - halflife 2 mod - Sept 14th Release - Rage3D Discussion Area

Most of us in that thread had given up on ever seeing it released. In fact a lot of us called it vaporware. Anyway good that they finally released it... though I heard it's still incomplete
i think when they said Incomplete so it means there's no multiplayer yet no official info or achievements on the steam client etc. but i think the single player campaign is complete if im not wrong
There's a part 2 in the making so yea it's only half done. source:
(WARNING)(POSSIBLE SPOILER,USER BE BEWARED)(says after what mission the 2nd mod takes place,that's why i put spoiler so yea.)

They say is in development and will be released as a update instead of a whole separate game.

Single-player FAQ - Black Mesa

General FAQ - Black Mesa
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2012   #26
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Based on their track record I guess we'll be waiting another 5 years till part 2 gets released
I opened the Single Player FAQ and found these lines!

Would Xen be completely removed? / When it will be released?

No. Development on Xen is already underway and developers hope to have it finished up in a reasonable timeframe (but not this year)

@ sygnus21

you're 100% right!

My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2012   #27
NoN

Windows 7 Professional SP1 - x64 [Non-UEFI Boot]
 
 

Those are damn nasty creatures to shot....died already more than twice!
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2012   #28
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

I played through the beta version. It was pretty polished then actually.

A few soundtrack fails, but the overall experience is very close.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
27 Sep 2012   #29
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
Based on their track record I guess we'll be waiting another 5 years till part 2 gets released
I opened the Single Player FAQ and found these lines!

Would Xen be completely removed? / When it will be released?

No. Development on Xen is already underway and developers hope to have it finished up in a reasonable timeframe (but not this year)

@ sygnus21

you're 100% right!

Though I give those guys credit for trying to put out a mod, there comes a point in time when the slow road to China becomes a bit too much.

I was all excited to play the mod when it was announced; 5 years later Im not even interested.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #30
python134r

 

I was just playing the original game again, I am D/L Black Mesa Now.....
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Half Life remake Black Mesa now available for Free download




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
Limited time offer... 2 Free Half-Life 2 games
For a limited time Steam is offering a free copy of Half-Life 2: Lost Coast and Half-Life 2: Deathmath for ATI customers just by creating a Steam account..... ATi Steam Offer Hardly earth shattering, but free is free, especially if you don't have these games. Half-Life 2: Lost Coast -...
Gaming
Half Life 2 on 7
Just installed HL-2 and Steam did an additional update. On first-run, it generates an error and won't boot. http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w.../HL2_Error.jpg I'm running Windows 7 x64 build 7201. Here's what I've tried: 1 - Direct launch from Steam. 2 - Desktop shortcut, 'Run as...
Gaming
Download Free Windows 7 Life Theme.
Source - Download Free Windows 7 Life Theme - Courtesy of the Discovery Channel and BBC - Softpedia
Themes and Styles
Can't Run Half Life 2
So for some reason whenever I start Half Life 2 it just goes to a black screen and I see the round blue windows loading mouse icon. Left 4 Dead and Team Fortress 2 work perfectly fine also, which is odd. I've tried SP2 compatibility, disabling windows composition, visual themes, run as...
Gaming
Half-Life 2
I did not have these problems on Vista. 1. When I run steam, i open half-life 2 (its the only game atm that I installed). I see a black screen where the VALVE and SOURCE logo should be. I also hear the sound that plays as the logos are shown, but I only see black. I see no creepy valve logo...
Gaming
half life
hello I have windows 7 ultimate (build 7100) and i have problem with half life (want to play counter strike 1.6) and after few minutes game is turning off, strange becouse on windows vista everything was ok. "luncher has stopped working" someone have the same problem ? help.
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:40.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App