Windows 7 Forums
Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Very slow game loading, game runs normal


19 Sep 2012   #1

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 
Very slow game loading, game runs normal

I switched to Windows 7 just 2 months ago. Though my hardwares are quite old, but it still running well.
So I installed some games in my PC, and played without problem. However, today I have this weird thing. When I start a game, it loads very slow, and I thought it freezes. However, after some minutes, the game started, and it runs normal without a glitch.

I have this problem on most games, even on a very light game such as Stepmania or NFS Most Wanted. The only game with normal loading time is The Sims 3.

HD movies and other multimedia files plays just fine.

Can someone help me?

My system:
ECS motherboard P4M900T-M2
Pentium dual-core E2180 @ 2Ghz
1 Gb DDR2 RAM
Zotac nVidia 210 1GB
Hitachi Sata HDD 1TB (Windows 7 Ultimate on drive c:, 44Gb available out of 100 Gb)
Latest Directx 11
Sharp TV connected via HDMI

My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

19 Sep 2012   #2

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 

Perhaps your hard drive just needs a defrag to speed it up, open up disk defragmenter and analyze it, if it's above 10% then defrag it.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #3

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Try changing Compatibility Mode to Windows XP SP2 or SP3 on older games. Sims 3 came out when Windows 7 was already there if i'm not wrong.

Right Click on the Game .exe and go to "Properties > Compatibilty > Tick on Run this program on compatibility mode for: and select the Windows XP SPx
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.


19 Sep 2012   #4

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Reddax View Post
Perhaps your hard drive just needs a defrag to speed it up, open up disk defragmenter and analyze it, if it's above 10% then defrag it.
I did. I installed all the games in drive C:, and Disk Defragmenter analyzed it as 8% fragmented. While other partitions are 0%.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Try changing Compatibility Mode to Windows XP SP2 or SP3 on older games. Sims 3 came out when Windows 7 was already there if i'm not wrong.
I don't really remember doing this, but I have set the compatibility mode for a lot of exes, and maybe those games as well. I'll check it out later as I'm at office now.

Perhaps I haven't made myself clear: those games run really fast at first. The loading was quick, Windows switched to fullscreen mode in a matter of seconds, and I can see the game's opening almost instantly. No problem since I use Windows7.
But since yesterday, I have to wait 5 minutes+ only to see Windows switched to fullscreen mode, and another 5 minutes+ to see the game's opening. After the opening, everything is smooth, there's no problem whatsoever, and I can still play for hours.
Nothing really caught my attention on Event Viewer too.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
19 Sep 2012   #5

win7
 
 

I think you need to upgrade your RAM to 2Gb or 3Gb.. All device that having about 1Gb or below not supported with today games, they need more memory space
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #6

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koplakseparo View Post
I think you need to upgrade your RAM to 2Gb or 3Gb.. All device that having about 1Gb or below not supported with today games, they need more memory space
It looks like you DO need more RAM. I suggest 3 or 4 at the most. 1 Gig of RAM isn't a lot these days.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #7

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koplakseparo View Post
I think you need to upgrade your RAM to 2Gb or 3Gb.. All device that having about 1Gb or below not supported with today games, they need more memory space
It looks like you DO need more RAM. I suggest 3 or 4 at the most. 1 Gig of RAM isn't a lot these days.
I do have a plan to buy another RAM next week, a 2GB stick perhaps. It should get along well with my current 1GB set right?
So until then, I guess my gaming nights, and also this thread, will have to wait.
Thanks guys. I'll update this thread after I buy the RAM.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #8

Windows 7 64 Bit
 
 

Tried updating your graphics card drivers and updating directx and so on? You defiantly need to upgrade that 1gb of ram to at least 3 or 4gb.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
20 Sep 2012   #9

Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by afronoia View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Richardc269 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by koplakseparo View Post
I think you need to upgrade your RAM to 2Gb or 3Gb.. All device that having about 1Gb or below not supported with today games, they need more memory space
It looks like you DO need more RAM. I suggest 3 or 4 at the most. 1 Gig of RAM isn't a lot these days.
I do have a plan to buy another RAM next week, a 2GB stick perhaps. It should get along well with my current 1GB set right?
So until then, I guess my gaming nights, and also this thread, will have to wait.
Thanks guys. I'll update this thread after I buy the RAM.
If you're going to buy extra RAM, your PC would benefit more if the 2 RAM sticks were the same make/model and the same amount of RAM. Your PC would be able to access it better, instead of having 2 sticks that aren't the same size/speed. I'd say buy a couple 1.5 gig sticks, or buy two sticks that are 2 gigs each and the same.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
28 Sep 2012   #10

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit
 
 

I got the money to buy the RAM now, but there's another issue.
Apparently there's big text next to my RAM slot says "DDR2 667". So I guess its maximum clock speed is at 667Mhz and the type is PC5300. Right?
I have difficulty finding this type of RAM since it is so out of date. There's an online store where I can buy one but I want it fast.
So can I just buy a 2GB of DDR2 PC6400 and expect it to run well on my PC? It is OK if it will run on lower clock speed.
Thanks.

p.s: the gaming issues is resolved after I run CHKDSK on C:, but now my PC starts to displaying blue screens once in a few days. Guess I have to upgrade the RAM fast before it getting worse.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Very slow game loading, game runs normal




Thread Tools



Similar help and support threads for2: Very slow game loading, game runs normal
Thread Forum
BSOD in game or normal BSOD Help and Support
Oblivion GotY Screen Goes Black When Loading Game Gaming
Computer runs really slow in normal mode, but runs fine in safe mode BSOD Help and Support
what game runs on this pc Gaming
Game crashes when loading.. Gaming
game runs slow Gaming
32b XP game runs - only intermittently Gaming

Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App
  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33