Windows 7 Forums

Welcome to Windows 7 Forums. Our forum is dedicated to helping you find support and solutions for any problems regarding your Windows 7 PC be it Dell, HP, Acer, Asus or a custom build. We also provide an extensive Windows 7 tutorial section that covers a wide range of tips and tricks.


Windows 7: Borderlands 2 Released

23 Sep 2012   #11
sygnus21

Windows 10 Pro
 
 

Yeah I agree. I was just lamenting how I've stopped paying attention to all the new PC stuff on the horizon. For the first time since getting into computers i've not pre-tested an OS (Windows 8). Downloaded an early release but never even installed it

As for Borderlands, loved the first one though I only played single player mode. I'll put this one on my list of games to get but right now between school, my photography, and what little work I do, I really don't have time for gaming.

Anyway enjoy the game I'm sure it's pretty good.

Peace


My System SpecsSystem Spec
.
24 Sep 2012   #12
dwarfer66

 

I have been playing it for a few days, great game, my biggest issue is I have no ingame voices, from any charcaters, sound effects yes,but thats all. BUT great game.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2012   #13
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
LOL I'm not even following GPU releases, I still have my 6950 and don't even know what AMD's latest & greatest is. Really need to get back into the computer scene
Check this out

Borderlands 2 GPU & CPU Performance Test - TechSpot Reviews

6950 is performing well but too bad Borderlands 2 is in Nvidia favor as nvidia worked with them closely and it's performing better on them
My System SpecsSystem Spec
.

24 Sep 2012   #14
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
LOL I'm not even following GPU releases, I still have my 6950 and don't even know what AMD's latest & greatest is. Really need to get back into the computer scene
Check this out

Borderlands 2 GPU & CPU Performance Test - TechSpot Reviews

6950 is performing well but too bad Borderlands 2 is in Nvidia favor as nvidia worked with them closely and it's performing better on them

I was reading on a few forums people were having FPS drops with PhysX on medium or high, even with GTX 670s and 680s.

So to solve the issue I chucked my old 560ti back into my PC and set it to a Dedicated PhysX card.

The game runs sweet for me now, I have every setting to the maximum and PhysX on High, I have V-sync on and most the time its at the maximum 60FPS, on intense scenes it drops to around 53FPS. I am happy with that, the game looks awesome.


Edit: I just tried it with V-sync off, I got a maximum of 125FPS and during a gun fight it dropped to 80FPS, still trying to figure it out, in theory it should have dropped to 53 but it didn't by a long shot.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2012   #15
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
LOL I'm not even following GPU releases, I still have my 6950 and don't even know what AMD's latest & greatest is. Really need to get back into the computer scene
Check this out

Borderlands 2 GPU & CPU Performance Test - TechSpot Reviews

6950 is performing well but too bad Borderlands 2 is in Nvidia favor as nvidia worked with them closely and it's performing better on them

I was reading on a few forums people were having FPS drops with PhysX on medium or high, even with GTX 670s and 680s.

So to solve the issue I chucked my old 560ti back into my PC and set it to a Dedicated PhysX card.

The game runs sweet for me now, I have every setting to the maximum and PhysX on High, I have V-sync on and most the time its at the maximum 60FPS, on intense scenes it drops to around 53FPS. I am happy with that, the game looks awesome.


Edit: I just tried it with V-sync off, I got a maximum of 125FPS and during a gun fight it dropped to 80FPS, still trying to figure it out, in theory it should have dropped to 53 but it didn't by a long shot.
that's great and even 53FPS drop on intense action scene on your screen with everything at Max is still great performance IMO as anything above 30FPS is playable and of course when it gets over 40 or 50 that's really really nice and 125FPS well it's amazing

i wonder how my 6850 will perform on my native 1440x900
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2012   #16
Maguscreed

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 x64
 
 

Got my siren up to level 24ish. It's not too bad, I'm not sure really like the match system they have though.
The game itself is fine. Stays challenging no matter if single player or full co-op group.
Makes decent use of physx as well, my only real complaint is like the first game you have to really amp up on your AA settings or the outlines look jagged as hell.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2012   #17
paulpicks21

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post

Check this out

Borderlands 2 GPU & CPU Performance Test - TechSpot Reviews

6950 is performing well but too bad Borderlands 2 is in Nvidia favor as nvidia worked with them closely and it's performing better on them

I was reading on a few forums people were having FPS drops with PhysX on medium or high, even with GTX 670s and 680s.

So to solve the issue I chucked my old 560ti back into my PC and set it to a Dedicated PhysX card.

The game runs sweet for me now, I have every setting to the maximum and PhysX on High, I have V-sync on and most the time its at the maximum 60FPS, on intense scenes it drops to around 53FPS. I am happy with that, the game looks awesome.


Edit: I just tried it with V-sync off, I got a maximum of 125FPS and during a gun fight it dropped to 80FPS, still trying to figure it out, in theory it should have dropped to 53 but it didn't by a long shot.
that's great and even 53FPS drop on intense action scene on your screen with everything at Max is still great performance IMO as anything above 30FPS is playable and of course when it gets over 40 or 50 that's really really nice and 125FPS well it's amazing

i wonder how my 6850 will perform on my native 1440x900

I expect your 6850 will perform great at a 1440x900 resolution, no where near as much power needed at that resolution. It should be highly playable even with settings up.

But of course there is only one way to find out lol.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2012   #18
boogieboy

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by boogieboy View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by paulpicks21 View Post


I was reading on a few forums people were having FPS drops with PhysX on medium or high, even with GTX 670s and 680s.

So to solve the issue I chucked my old 560ti back into my PC and set it to a Dedicated PhysX card.

The game runs sweet for me now, I have every setting to the maximum and PhysX on High, I have V-sync on and most the time its at the maximum 60FPS, on intense scenes it drops to around 53FPS. I am happy with that, the game looks awesome.


Edit: I just tried it with V-sync off, I got a maximum of 125FPS and during a gun fight it dropped to 80FPS, still trying to figure it out, in theory it should have dropped to 53 but it didn't by a long shot.
that's great and even 53FPS drop on intense action scene on your screen with everything at Max is still great performance IMO as anything above 30FPS is playable and of course when it gets over 40 or 50 that's really really nice and 125FPS well it's amazing

i wonder how my 6850 will perform on my native 1440x900

I expect your 6850 will perform great at a 1440x900 resolution, no where near as much power needed at that resolution. It should be highly playable even with settings up.

But of course there is only one way to find out lol.
I was thinking same too as 6850 should perform well on 1440x900 considering the benchies on full HD resolutions

lol and that way is to buy the game the install and play
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2012   #19
dwarfer66

 

I am playing on a gtx560 with all settings at max, runs very smooth.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
24 Sep 2012   #20
M1GU31

Windows 10 64bit
 
 

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Maguscreed View Post
Got my siren up to level 24ish. It's not too bad, I'm not sure really like the match system they have though.
The game itself is fine. Stays challenging no matter if single player or full co-op group.
Makes decent use of physx as well, my only real complaint is like the first game you have to really amp up on your AA settings or the outlines look jagged as hell.
Yeah that's what annoys me when i play the first boderlands. I had to change AA settings in CCC.
My System SpecsSystem Spec
Reply

 Borderlands 2 Released




Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search




Similar help and support threads
Thread Forum
BSOD Clicking "Play" Borderlands 2 & Borderlands the Pre-Sequel
Hello, I run these games via Steam and when I click "Play" the program goes to the next step, sometimes a splash image pops up then the computer crashes/shuts down and restarts. Sometimes I see the blues creen, other times I get the black screen with the option of running safe mode. I have:...
BSOD Help and Support
borderlands 2 ??
just finished borderlands and liked it. thinking of getting borderlands 2 and wanted to know if it is a single person shooter or just for multi player?
Gaming
Borderlands menu bug
Just tonight after replacing my keyboard with a logitech G11, I tried to play Borderlands, but I have the strange menu bug. I cannot stay in any in game menu other then the skills menu for more then half a second. It always auto exits back to the game when I try. Any advice on what it might be?
Gaming
Borderlands and AA
At 1080P, all settings Max, x16 AF, my game runs just beautifully. (Except for DoF is disbaled. I just do not like the effect) But, one thing thats always bothered me about the game are the occasional jaggies I can see. I realize the game technically doesnt support AA, But Ive tried...
Gaming
BORDERLANDS pc freezing.
Well i bought borderlands last night and pretty much played it all night then when i got done fighting one of the bosses me pc froze. The only reason why i am being so anal is because i had pc freezing problems before then i fixed them and they have been gone for someitme now. When i google i see...
Gaming
borderlands install with Win 7 64
hello everyone i am trying to install the game borderlands on windows 7, after lookin at the games list here in the forum , i should be able to install the game, but i am runnin into 2 errors on the install. when i use the instmsi3 installer it tells me i do not have enough storage to install this...
Gaming


Our Sites

Site Links

About Us

Find Us

Windows 7 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 7" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:50.

Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 7 Forums

Seven Forums Android App Seven Forums IOS App